Hello from me

MadamDotty

Back again!
I've not started the diet yet, but thought I'd do a proper introduction and say hello to you all.

Some of you will know me from a few years ago when I was a very regular member of the boards doing the Cambridge Diet, when I successfully lost just over 3 stone and become a CD Counsellor (as we were called then - now Consultants) I kept most of my weight off for about 2 years but over the last 18 months it's crept up and up. I've tried everything to lose the weight again, but no success - can't CD again, tried Atkins, calorie-counting, Paul McKenna and very recently bought 2 months of Diet Chef food, most of which is still filling up my cupboards :( I then decided to try and get into running and just eat healthily and did quite well on the running for a few weeks, building it up very slowly but then had a cold, felt ill for a week and didn't run & now can't get back into that! So at the moment I'm feeling like the mother of all failures as you can imagine!

I'm no longer a CD Counsellor and gave up the business in the summer and so can now freely diet wherever I like LOL but really with the result that my head's in a total mess & my body is back to the size it was before I CD'd nearly 4 years ago!

I'm always on FB and saw Karen's status yesterday that she was starting the Harcombe Diet and not having heard of it (couldn't believe there was a diet I didn't know about :p) googled it and found it very interesting. I then popped on here as I was certain I'd find some peeps doing it and here I am.

I'm fairly certain i will give this diet a go, I ordered the book & the recipe book yesterday from Amazon so I can have a good read & get my head around it and will probably start next week - which of course means I'll be stuffing myself stupid all week! :rolleyes:

Anyway looking forward to chatting to you all & am reading with great interest how you're all getting on & hope to join the HD losers very soon :D

Jan x

Welcome and good luck Jan! I had to smile at your post, you sound so much like me.....I too have a bag full of Diet Chef food thats not been used as well as a load of CD sachets and bars (probably all out of date by now) I could have afforded to have a Gastric Band or the like with all the money I've spent in the last 20 years on diets!

Hi, dont be so hard on yourself, dieting is no easy game :(

I too am hoping the harcombe will change my eating habits and loose the little bit i am putting on as i can see now how easy it will be to be back to my pre cd weight :cry:

I love CD but cant afford it at the moment and i have came to realise over the last few months that yes you loose weight but you dont learn not to eat the bad stuff!!!

Good luck for when you start and you probably know from past experience on here someone will always be their to support, advice or give you a kick when needed ;)

The book is a real revelation to food :)

thanks all - I'm really looking forward to getting my books and making a start on the diet, which I haven't felt like in a long time - bring it on!!

Hi Irene, lovely to hear from you & how gorgeous is your grandson - what a fabulous picture.

Enjoy your books, hoping mine arrives in the next day or so

Jan x

Back