hello,i'm alice and i'm a fridge picker!

Hi,

What do i say!?! Im so glad i looked on this site, the inspiration pictures are fantastic, but anywho - im starting to ramble. My name is alice, im 20 and unfortunately have got to a size 18 and weigh 17st 5. depressing. I have a history of being rubbish with food, i was bullied as a kid for being fat (when i wasnt particularly) and hounded by my mum for not looking like the kids you see in the next catalogue!! Im a law student at birmingham university and have just moved in with my boyfriend who is very supportive but eats lots of junk!

I spent most of my time in later high school being a bit bulimic and purging about once a day. I confronted this and other mental-ish problems and whilst i got better my weight ballooned (partly down to medication which i am still taking). My aim is to get down to roughly 11 st and to be a comfortable size 12. Im aiming for a 14-16 by christmas and a 12-14 for my boyfriends brothers wedding and then a 12 by the summer. Im not sure how realistic this is - i wont be upset if i dont manage it i just like to think where i could be. I want to loose the weight because i am missing out on so much of what is fun about being young because i am so conscious about it. Id love to be able to walk into a shop and pick out what id like rather than what fits and finally i work as a ski instructor and being fat makes working very physicaly demanding. Im not on a specific diet, im just trying to eat sensibaly and get my intake of fluids each day - i get 14 hrs exercise at work each week but when i go back to uni next week im going to join the gym again too.

right, ive rambled enough, hello, thanks for letting me clogg up a bit of space and hopefuly this is really the beginning of a new era for me!

ALice xxxxx

Welcome to Minimins :)

Thanks!

Yes, i talk so much i think i forgot to say how im intending on loosing it. I know i couldnt ever do a food replacement diet so im restricting my calories to 1500 a day, which i will decrease as i loose weight. I am allowing myself a 'bad meal' once a week (nothing too bad but something i want but cant have the rest of the time). The food im eating is very low in fat too as im veggie and am more or less just eating vegetables with some bread/pasta/potatoes thrown in. This time im really driven to shift the excess flab and so far so good!

Thanks

Back