Hello Im FunkyChunky

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by FunkyChunky, 1 February 2011 Social URL.

1. FunkyChunky

FunkyChunky Member

Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Just wanted to give a wave to everyone, this is my first diet and finding it "ok" at the moment.
    Currently on day 3 of attack and have 22 pounds to loose to be at the ideal weight (according to Mr Dukans website.)

Its amazing how well you ladies have done which gives some hope to newbies like myself !

Ta for now X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Morning Funky Chunky - great name!

Amazing that Dukan's UK website is recommending you get down to such a low BMI but I'm sure we'll be able to help you get to a more reasonable one, at least.

I'd advise that you post your menus and let us see what you're eating... I haven't a clue whether you can find appropriate ingredients where you are (I see you're in Dubai... is that permanent?) but you can order oatbran off internet if not.

Good luck - open a diary perhaps, let us know ALL about you (we're not nosey, and we won't tell a soul ;))... and particularly think about those menus.

4. Emmma

Emmma grammar police

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(28.21%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Good morning and welcome!

5. dukandebut

dukandebut Goat herder(ess)

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(22.86%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi, FunkyChunky! Nice to meet you! Good luck on your Dukan journey!

Jo - I am of the same height and was given a similar ideal weight on the Dukan site. I think it depends upon whether you have a small frame. Mine is tiny (seriously, you should see my wrists - and my fingers have always looked like the scary, spindly ones of the vampire in the old "Nosferatu" film!) and perhaps FunkyChunky is the same? Even at the weight I am now (5lbs under my ideal), my waist is 26" and a size 10 (can occasionally fit into an 8), which is healthy. When I weighed 140lbs, I went up to a size 14 - 16. People who have larger frames than myself (and that would be most people) find it hard to believe and think that my weight sounds way too little.

6. robinhood

robinhood Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.67%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    Hi and welcome, Funky! You'll get lots of support here so just shout if you have any queries!

Good point, DD.:D I have a horribly broad back/shoulders and big bust, so I'm a size 14 on top (and delighted - used to be 18 pre-Dukan) whereas size 12 jeans are fine (and dare I say it, maybe a cm or two too loose - who'd have though it?:eek: Not me!). I can't imagine weighing 9 stone, for ex, I think I'd look ill.

7. FunkyChunky

FunkyChunky Member

Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Morning everyone !

Thanks so much for you your welcomes :)
    On day 4 now and will have a weigh in tomorrow to see if its been working , have also been climbing the stairs with my friend at her apartment building as they have 70 floors.... was begging when we got to the top the fire alarm didnt go off !!!

Hi Maintainer - Yep its quite a goal ! I have been that weight in the past,,, past .... past lol Will see what happens I suppose :/ Before I started the attack bmi was overweight which at my lil height it shows a hell of alot .
    Dubai is a permanant fixture for now been here 4years (orginally from Hampshire UK) . Have managed fine with the food, we even have waitrose and marks & spencers and carrefour out here :) , oat bran I found - am just mixing that up for my breakfast with oken fat free vanilla yogurt. - yum:) - Will try and start a diary today - Thanks Maintainer

Seems we have the same issues Dukandebut :D

Thanks Emmma &Robinhood :)

Well done on all your losses also - fantastic

8. m-mouse

m-mouse Not very good at this!

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(30.28%)
    Diet:
    dukan - conso
    Hi there and welcome from another Hampshire lass.

9. FunkyChunky

FunkyChunky Member

Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Hi m-mouse , Always a pleasure to meet another Hampshire lass !

10. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Me too from Hampshire...

11. dukandebut

dukandebut Goat herder(ess)

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(22.86%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    70 floors! I feel faint just thinking about it. Good on you for doing all of that exercise, though!

12. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    76kg
    Current Weight:
    66.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    64kg
    Lost(%):
    9.7kg(12.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    Hi welcome,

70 floors - impressive! I suppose I could start going up and down the 3 floors here in my lunch break... I think I'll opt for a walk instead though.

Sorry I have my usual info to remind everyone of: Be careful with flavoured yoghurt: fat-free does not equal sugar free and Onken definitely has sugar! Ditto Activia. I fell into that trap when I started. since then I have sworn myself to "Always read the label"

But good luck and WELCOME!

13. m-mouse

m-mouse Not very good at this!

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(30.28%)
    Diet:
    dukan - conso
    It's confusing I think because they don't always say 'sugar' but things like fructose syrup etc. That's why I too stick to the plain natural stuff with sweetener - and I like it. (Woudn't be able to eat it without the sweetener though!!) I have been eating a 500g pot per day (including what goes in my muffins etc) but I am too embarrassed to buy it all in one go :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.