Hello Im FunkyChunky

Just wanted to give a wave to everyone, this is my first diet and finding it "ok" at the moment.
Currently on day 3 of attack and have 22 pounds to loose to be at the ideal weight (according to Mr Dukans website.)

Its amazing how well you ladies have done which gives some hope to newbies like myself !

Ta for now X

Morning Funky Chunky - great name!

Amazing that Dukan's UK website is recommending you get down to such a low BMI but I'm sure we'll be able to help you get to a more reasonable one, at least.

I'd advise that you post your menus and let us see what you're eating... I haven't a clue whether you can find appropriate ingredients where you are (I see you're in Dubai... is that permanent?) but you can order oatbran off internet if not.

Good luck - open a diary perhaps, let us know ALL about you (we're not nosey, and we won't tell a soul ;))... and particularly think about those menus.

Hi, FunkyChunky! Nice to meet you! Good luck on your Dukan journey!

Jo - I am of the same height and was given a similar ideal weight on the Dukan site. I think it depends upon whether you have a small frame. Mine is tiny (seriously, you should see my wrists - and my fingers have always looked like the scary, spindly ones of the vampire in the old "Nosferatu" film!) and perhaps FunkyChunky is the same? Even at the weight I am now (5lbs under my ideal), my waist is 26" and a size 10 (can occasionally fit into an 8), which is healthy. When I weighed 140lbs, I went up to a size 14 - 16. People who have larger frames than myself (and that would be most people) find it hard to believe and think that my weight sounds way too little.

Hi and welcome, Funky! You'll get lots of support here so just shout if you have any queries!

Good point, DD.:D I have a horribly broad back/shoulders and big bust, so I'm a size 14 on top (and delighted - used to be 18 pre-Dukan) whereas size 12 jeans are fine (and dare I say it, maybe a cm or two too loose - who'd have though it?:eek: Not me!). I can't imagine weighing 9 stone, for ex, I think I'd look ill.

Morning everyone !

Thanks so much for you your welcomes :)
On day 4 now and will have a weigh in tomorrow to see if its been working , have also been climbing the stairs with my friend at her apartment building as they have 70 floors.... was begging when we got to the top the fire alarm didnt go off !!!

Hi Maintainer - Yep its quite a goal ! I have been that weight in the past,,, past .... past lol Will see what happens I suppose :/ Before I started the attack bmi was overweight which at my lil height it shows a hell of alot .
Dubai is a permanant fixture for now been here 4years (orginally from Hampshire UK) . Have managed fine with the food, we even have waitrose and marks & spencers and carrefour out here :) , oat bran I found - am just mixing that up for my breakfast with oken fat free vanilla yogurt. - yum:) - Will try and start a diary today - Thanks Maintainer

Seems we have the same issues Dukandebut :D

Thanks Emmma &Robinhood :)

Well done on all your losses also - fantastic

Hi there and welcome from another Hampshire lass.

Me too from Hampshire...

Hi welcome,

70 floors - impressive! I suppose I could start going up and down the 3 floors here in my lunch break... I think I'll opt for a walk instead though.

Sorry I have my usual info to remind everyone of: Be careful with flavoured yoghurt: fat-free does not equal sugar free and Onken definitely has sugar! Ditto Activia. I fell into that trap when I started. since then I have sworn myself to "Always read the label"

But good luck and WELCOME!

It's confusing I think because they don't always say 'sugar' but things like fructose syrup etc. That's why I too stick to the plain natural stuff with sweetener - and I like it. (Woudn't be able to eat it without the sweetener though!!) I have been eating a 500g pot per day (including what goes in my muffins etc) but I am too embarrassed to buy it all in one go :)

Back