Hello! I'm new here, saying goodbye to Slimming World and hello to low GI

LittleKitten

Hi guys,

Having recently become really disheartened with the whole yo-yo dieting that seems to be the way of things for me I have decided to try something else. I had a little read of the top ten diets on the NHS website to see if there was something out there that might suit me better and after reading all the descriptions, pros and cons I think the South Beach Diet sounds much more up my street.

Yesterday I got a copy of The South Beach Diet Supercharged and spent the evening reading that. I'm still only at the beginning but I am already really interested in the science behind the different types of food we eat, the "good carbs/fats" and the "bad carbs/fats" and actually already feel like this will help me make better food choices. I was also really interested in reading about blood sugar levels and how they affect you and your hunger.

I'm going to start phase 1 on Monday. I just wondered how everyone felt about the diet, is it a massive lifestyle change? I've always massively craved sweet things but I understand that these cravings go away after phase 1 - is that right? Also, is this a really stupid time of year for me to start this - what with it being the Xmas party season? Would I be better off waiting until December is out of the way? I've already been questioning Monday as my start date as I have a get together with the girls for a weekend next weekend where the plan is to make Christmas decorations and drink Bailey's! But also, I appreciate that there is always "something" so I think maybe now is as good a time as any!

Anyway, sorry to have rambled on! :blahblah:

I'm looking forward to getting started :)

Good luck - Christmas is a difficult time to start but if you do your best on the days where you're not doing stuff with friends then hopefully it will motivate you not to ruin your efforts! Have you started the south beach now? I have looked into it a bit but daren't buy any more books! I found a blog online called Kalyn's kitchen which has loads of recipes you might find helpful :) x

Back