hello, I'm new to this

Hi everyone, well I am in Ketosis on day 4 but I still feel a little hungry!! Day 4 nearly over with and can't wait to see my CDC on Saturday. I am worried a little about my weigh in as i will only have done 5 full days so really it is 2 days early, oh well the 2nd WI should be good!!

Sweetfa1 - Good luck for tommorrow hun, let us all know how you get on :grouphugg:

great chocolate, you're doing well.....keep it up. I'm sure sat will still be a gd loss and dont be disheartened because you will be weighed weekly from sat onwards.
Just wondering girls, what do u do to keep occupied in evenings?

Hey girls, sorry I didn't get on last night, my whole village had a power cut so I was computerless for the best part of last night. Anyway first things first, my weigh in was dismal, and considering I've been soo good I'm a bit gutted if I'm honest I only lost 2lbs. But never mind, it's 2lbs gone and takes me back into the 13's again.

Welcome to all the new members!!! Good luck to all those starting.

I'm totally shattered today, it's been emotionally draining, we've just been told at work that we're going to shifts which means a lot of people will be losing a third of their income. I'm going be losing about £6000 a year, which is a heck of a lot of money to me, but I can pay my bills etc, I'll just have to be less extravagant. Some people aren't that lucky and are not going to be able to get by. I'm not really sure it's entirely legal what they're doing as they aren't giving us written notice to change our contracts. Today a lot of people have been wandering around stunned or crying, it's been horrible. a lot of us went to the coffee shop to get comfort cakes, but I didn't I got black coffee instead.

Sorry that's really put a downer on things. Anyway, other than all that horribleness I'm doing okay on the diet I think. I've cut back on the water at my CDC's advice, she thinks because I'm a bit prone to water retention, that it's possible by drinking so much I'm causing my body to retain even more, so I'm dropping down to 2.5 litres instead of my usual 4 litres. So we'll see next week what happens. I'm also due TOTM, which probably accounts for the smaller loss.

Surfhunny, that's awful to hear I am sorry. You have done really well though to stick with it and not ruin you diet, I think I would have been tempted to consume the whole cake shop!! xx

hi surfhunny, dont despair chick 2lbs gone is better than 2lbs on and as you say its likely due to TOTM. Crap about work but thank god you can still cope with the drop in pay...well done for not turning to food xx

chocolate, I think I might be doing the sleep thing my 1st week too, lol!!! I love my bed anyway so shouldnt be too hard ;)

I know, it's rough, but with everything that's going on with the economy I'm lucky I have a job at all. It'd be easier if I wasn't the only one having to pay my mortgage and bills, I could do with an OH to share the burden with, but never mind.

just think when you get to your ideal wt you will have then confidence to get out and meet your ideal OH lol!!! You will have your pick of them ;)

Lets hope so Latebloomer cos even though it's only been 5 months I'm already sick of being single again. I'm so picky when it comes to men, I'm not convinced I'll ever find anyone who meets up to my expectations. AP did meet them, but he just wasn't up for settling down so we went our separate ways because I'm totally ready for settling down. We'll see I guess, I'm not putting my life on hold while I wait for 'Mr Right'. I sometimes swing from absolutely knowing I will find my ideal man when the time is right, to being completely convinced it won't happen for me, because a lot of people end up being alone forever. Right now I'm on the alone side of the fence, trying hard to climb back over to the optimistic side. lol.

hi,all thanks chocolate for the good wishes and surfhunny sorry about your work situation. hi latebloomer 2 yrs ago i had breast cancer had my op and further treatment. now on medication that gives me joint and bone pain losing weight could easy the pain ,coming off to slow on sw. im in remission and happy to be here . if i tell people they are very sympathetic but im fine, loving life and now appretiate every thing i have and not a lot gets me down any more.im one of the lucky ones. latebloomer i bet your sorry you asked lol xx

Hi fay, well done on your loss!!!! Fay, I'm so sry to hear about your illness, I used to work in a cancer centre as a therapist and I have also seen first hand the devestation it can cause (my gran and mums sister both battled b cancer). YOu are amazing to have come thru all that and make me realise that being overweight not the end of the world, makes me feel a bit guilty actually. Like you I am trying to lose wt for my health. I have arthritis and know that the wt off will def help back and lower limbs...........you are now officially my inspiration....well done again xxxxxx

Hi all, day two now woo-hoo but have a tummy bug.kids had it yest now I do :( Only upside is that I have no appetite but struggling to drink water. Def in the right frame of mind for this diet now :) I have drawn out 14 squares on paper stuck to fridge and each day I will cross one off then once I reach 2 wk mark I will start all over (taking it 2wks at a time seems easier)
Hope you're all having a gd day xxxxx

Surfhunny enjoy life and love will happen when you're least expecting it - I met my hubby in library at work and couldn't stand him to begin with, lol! ;) xx

hi,thank you latebloomer for all your kindness xxx
glitterimage114.gif
well girls im off out tonight in a size smaller dress yes!!!!!!! water all night. hope you have all had a good day,chocolate all the best for tomorrow wd.chat tomorrow every one xx

Hi fay, have a great night out and feel fabulous in your dress! chat tomorrow xx

Wooo Fay, have a fab time in your smaller dress xxx

I'll be back later to catch up, just waiting for my chicken to cook. Needed an SS+ day... feeling hugely hungry right now.

Hi surfhunny, enjoy your chicken!!!! I'm still suffering from tummy bug (not throwing up now but feel wrecked and still dodgy tum) so had to force myself to have shakes today :( water not going so gd but I will keep trying x

Hi everyone. Sorry not posted in a few days but have been staying over boyfriends for last couple nights and didn't get chance to log in.

Really sorry to hear about your job surfhunny, has anything more been said on the legality of it? So proud and impressed that you resisted cakes though. You must be really pleased with your self control and discipline, it feels great to be able to resist something you couldn't say no to in the past.

Hope you're feeling better too latebloomer.

I'm now on day 5. In the pink. And have stuck to SS 100%. Have craved food a little, I think because I'm leaving it too long between breakfast and lunch. Not through choice, I'm not hungry at lunchtime (1.30pm) so wait til I get in from work around half 4. Once I've had my porridge I'm fine, and end up normally having to force myself to eat my remaining 2 packs.

Anyway, in front of TV watching sport relief, going to make my soup now

Lou x

hi fay, dont wry about it, pick yourself up and get back on track. Just be careful tho because its q dangerous to drink when in ketosis so just mind yourself. You know I ate during the week as I told u and the way I felt afterwards I know I'll not do it again so consider it a lesson learned and move on..............are you feeling ok today?xxx

Hi Lou......glad to hear from you and that you're doing so well resisting. Sounds a little late to have 2nd shake (I have mine bout 3/3.30, 1st at 11.30) When do you have your first shake?xx

Back