Hello! I'm starting on Monday

x-Andrea-x

Hello everyone. I just wanted to pop along and say hi! I have a meeting with a consultant on Sunday with a view to starting SS on Monday (unless I can hold out on Sunday). She has recommended that I cut down on my carb intake until then - can anyone give me some food ideas until I start the Cambridge Weight Plan?

I really can't wait to start, Sunday seems so far away! I would really appreciate any tips that you lovely people can provide!

Thank you
Andrea x

I'd say just get lots of veggies and no bread pasta rice or potatoes 2 days before was how I did it, I lived on carrot and celery sticks with tazaki and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon I actually really enjoyed it :) or soups could be good?! Good luck with CDC I hope it goes well :D

I'd say just get lots of veggies and no bread pasta rice or potatoes 2 days before was how I did it, I lived on carrot and celery sticks with tazaki and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon I actually really enjoyed it :) or soups could be good?! Good luck with CDC I hope it goes well :D

I'm really excited to start. Need to lose 4st to be in a healthy BMI. Thank you for your suggestions, I'll give them a go :) x

Hello everyone!

I had my meeting with my consultant today. She was such a lovely lady! I have enough products for two weeks on SS. Starting tomorrow and I can't wait! It's time to get this weight off once and for all!

Hope everyone is ok
Andrea x

Hi andrea , i too am starting tommorrow i have done the cambridge begore , i took the summer off as i had various holidays to get through and didn't want to keep stopping and starting every couple of weeks , so this is my final push to christmas and hopefully lose another 2 st ! Good luck everyone ! It really is mind over matter with this diet , once you get past the first week and the hunger pangs subside ,,,, its plain sailing ! Xx

Good luck Julie :)
I have been lowering my carb intake over the last few days and today I feel absolutely dreadful!! I have a high temp, sweats, chills and a headache that won't budge. I've drank nearly 2l of water and have pretty much eaten what I like ie 2 slices toast as that's all I can face.
Starting CWP tomorrow - please say it gets better than this!! I can't feel this ill when I have to go to work and look after my 17 month old daughter! My hubby is deployed overseas so don't have his support - plus he doesn't know I'm doing this, I want to surprise him by looking slinky when he gets back.

I think I'm just looking for reassurance that I won't feel like this forever!

Andrea xx

Hey guys. Good luck on your journey. Andrea the feeling will definitely pass and once it does its so much easier. The fact you have cut out lots of carbs already will hopefully make your first few days easier. I was the opposite and had a huge bing before I started and my first 3-4 days were pure hell.

Hey guys. Good luck on your journey. Andrea the feeling will definitely pass and once it does its so much easier. The fact you have cut out lots of carbs already will hopefully make your first few days easier. I was the opposite and had a huge bing before I started and my first 3-4 days were pure hell.

Thanks Monica! I hope it does get better. I'm struggling to stay in the zone when I feel this ick!
Will get on it 100% tomorrow and I'm hoping I feel better by the end of the week! X

Stick with it guys , it really does get better , the first week really does take abit of will power , but when you see big losses, it really does give you a boost and makes it all worth while , remember ,,,, romw wasn't built in a day !!! You can all do it !xx

Thanks Julie :)

Day one has gone really well. I'm feeling better and very alert!! My little princess is giving me a hard time going to bed but she is finally asleep and I'm about to have my final pack of the day.

If everyday is like today, it'll be a breeze :)

Now I just have to work out how I tell friends and family I'm on it. I've only told mum and her response was "you don't need to lose weight". Um I do. I'm 4st overweight. That's the more than my daughter and niece combined! They are only toddlers, but still. What a wake up call! Xx

Glad it went well Andrea! But a wee word of warning - it may be a little difficult over the next few days as your body adapts to ketosis, but as you were sensible and lowered your carb intake beforehand, you may be fine. Just remember, if you have any low moments that in a few days you'll be in ketosis - and will feel better!

Thanks! I'm hoping that hitting ketosis won't be too horrific as I pretty much followed Atkins at the weekend with only a few extra carbs.

I'm trying to stay in the positive zone :)

How are you getting on? Xx

Hi guys how's it going ??? Just think of that feeling when you see the scales going down and your clothes feeling looser!!!! Hold on to those positive feelings,, ant little bad patches .... Remember its your choice to do this diet,, for yourself and no one else !!! And thats quite empowering !!! Its amazing the strength and confidence you get when just saying no to bad food choices !!! I now refuse to be bullied into eating when out with friends , i can still enjoy myself without it !

Day 2 is going well for me :) Just finishing off some porridge. Wish my daughter would let me eat earlier in the evenings but at least I'm not ravenous in the mornings.

Finding I have a severe lack of family support. My sister told me to come round for tea as I need a filling meal and not a milkshake! Argh! Xx

Well done day 2 down !!!!friends and family will always try and sabotage something they don't really understand!! But they will be proud of you for showing determination especially when they see the weight dropping off and the new person emerging !well done ! Keep going !

Thanks Julie!
I love my sister to bits but she suffers from a lot of jealousy and has to do things better than me. She is losing weight with WW but I can't stick to that at all. I'm sure she is afraid that I will be slimmer than her for the first time in our lives. I'm so fed up with how I am I will lose weight. So far it's been easy! Xx

Well done guys your doing well 2days down already and sounds like u are both going strong. Family and friends will ways be a nightmare ive had a row with a really good friend today due to me missing our regular dinner date. She will get over it though and I will be slim lol. Keep going guys !!

Its funny i think we all have someone in our lives who secretly like us to be fat ,,,, it always makes them look good !! I too have a skinny sister and the lectures and arguments i have had over the years about my weight has been exhausting !! Whenever theres a compliment there is always a back handed snipe , which over the years has always made me feel inadequete!! Then one day my sister said i must be jelous of her !!!!!the bloody cheek !! And thats when i thought .... I bloody will do it !! For me .... Not you!!!!! And yes one day she may be jelous of me ,, although i'd rather be happy for me !

So Day 4 for me and it's going horribly wrong :-(
Can't stop crying and just want to eat everything!

I get called into the office at work, and end up demoted! Apparently I'm not performing well enough and my home life is affecting my work.

My 18month old daughter is not sleeping at night without screaming. Sometimes I can get her to sleep in an hour, sometimes four. I usually give in and call reinforcements - mum or inlaws. My husband is in the navy and deployed overseas. He won't be back until March.

I forgot to pack a shake to have for lunch and was sooooo hungry. Only option was a sandwich. I feel dreadful and such a failure! Oh and then I ate one of my daughter's Freddo's!!!

It should not be this difficult on day 4! I want to give up, order a pizza, watch crappy tv, curl up and sleep. Deep down I know that defeats everything I've done until now!

Think I'm looking for a few hugs and a kick up the bum! Xxx

Ooh andrea , sounds like you've had a terrible day !!! If you have a bad day ,,, thats ok !! You've not totally blown it forever ! Start again tommorrow! Draw a line under it !! If this diet is not for ... Then don't feel a failure it can mentally be a real challenge especially when times can be stressful!! Lots of hugs your way !!! You will get through it !! Xx

Back