Hello New member

RedDress2011

Hi, I am new to the forum, and have just started following Patrick Holfords GL diet (3rd day today), have my store cupboards stocked and feeling motivated. I have had his books for some time, but was persuaded by a friend to go to WW, but failed miserably as I spend all my points on rubbish food, then felt rubbish---much better when I feel good about what I am putting in my body.
Its great to see what others eat and get some ideas, spent all w/end reading everyones posts-feeling inspired

Have coped quite well today

B- small rye bread and peanut butter(my favorite)
L - green salad, 3 oatcakes and feta cheese
snack -plum, 5 almonds
d- 1 tortilla/chicken and big salad
(will have a snack before bed)

Could someone just help me out with a few queries

How much meat protein should we eat at a meal, as Patrick talks about a 1/4 tin of tuna?

I see Irish molly has nature valley and Nked bars, are these OK for Patrick holford?

I am sure I will have more queries, but looking forward to keeping in touch

Hi and welcome to the forum. So sorry WW did not work for you. I hope you have better luck on GL.
Protein servings will be a quarter of your plate.Some examples are:
68g tuna(. 1/2 large tin)
50g salmon 85g prawns
50g chicken or turkey
2 boiled eggs
175g beans( borloti, kidney, blackeyed etc)
165g lentils
125g quinoa
The Nakd bars are a medium GL food. Carmans bars are also ok if you can get them. The nature valley ones are just the leAst processed ones I could find in the treat sections. I find they don't leave me yearning for more sugar. Strictly speaking they would not be allowed on GL. We should not have sugars unless natural( in a piece of fruit).
Good luck and keep posting.

Thanks - for this information, seems I will have to watch my protein portion size

today

b: porrige and diet freedom sweetener(found in tescos)
L : Naked bar and 2 plums
s: 2 oatcakes & hummous
D: porK loin steak /Roast vegatables
s: Almonds/cranberries/ choc buttons (planned)

The first week planned to get in the eating habit of what to have then start counting out my GLs --does anyone stick to the 40 recommended??

bw RD

I really only did that initially to get an idea of correct combinations and portions. But as Holford keeps saying once you make the right choices you wont feel hungry and overeat. So, I just really watched portion sizes and pretty much cut out bread, potato, pasta and rice for several weeks.
I generally stick to the principles of eating food as fresh and unprocessed as possible, really watching portion sizes and adjusting downwards if losses were stalling.
I think it is very easy once you don't include too much " White carbs" I.e. Bread potato pasta rice, in the menu each day. Try as far as possible to choose the least processed foods you can.

Back