Hello, new & trying low carb for the 1st time

Cinta

Silver Member
Hello, I'm new to low carbing. I'm trying it after reading a book by Hannah Sutter, Big Fat Lies. It's the science behind LC & was like a light switch going on in my head. No matter how much I exercise & count calories my weight loss has always been painfully slow.

The idea is that some people produce more insulin than others so get fatter, especially round the tummy. After years of being pear shaped this has happened to me.

Anyway, at the end of my tether, I thought I would give it a go.

I stated on 31/3/10 & up to this morning I have lost..... 7lbs!!!!!
That has never happened in my life! At the moment it feels like magic, I keep thinking thw scales are playing a joke on me:eek:

I decided to look for some support & found you.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Welcome to the forum. If it's support you're after you are certainly in the right place - there's bucketfuls of it. Everyone on here has such a sense of community and it doesn't matter what diet you are following, we're all here for one reason and we all support and encourage each other to do our best.

Hope you enjoy the forum and it helps you on your weight loss journey - Good luck! xxx

Hi Sharon, well done you have done brilliant! I have been on a low carb diet with go lower for a week now and doing really well. not going to weigh myself untill tomorrow but measured myself today & have lost inches all over, I'm so pleased.

Thankyou all for your welcome.

Hi Clotty,thanks & good luck.

Back