Hello new weight loss blog :D

Yes, what was it you said on my diary? You shouldn't let your job make you feel that miserable!

You should get financial assistance from the government if you resign, I think it takes about 6 weeks before you can apply but you should get some?

Good morning Nomad.

Thanks for the support yesterday! Gah i hate days of feeling miserable! It turned out my work friend was feeling the same, so we went for a cuppa after work and had a good moan for 2 hours! ha.

Am feeling much cheerier today for lots of reasons. I have moaned lots about work so have it out of my system now, I had a good night's sleep last night and feel rested, am listening to my audio book today, and also cos I am off for a 4 day weekend after today :D wooo.

Am gonna enjoy a productive couple of days and then 2 days with a good friend who is visiting. Looking forward to it.

Well I hope everyone's having a good day today. What are you all up to?

You know coming on here most days now has helped sort my head diet wise. I am thinking more about what i am eating and not just settling for what is easy. For example last night i made omlettes for tea, and i gave Jamie the Linda M Sausages which are a little greasy for me, and I had vegetable fingers instead and less beans than Jamie. So i enjoyed it more as it was less greasy and i didnt eat as much. Then i was hungry just before bed and was gonna make a sandwich but i said no to myself as i knew i'd be asleep in less than an hour so what was the point! yay, my brain's starting to get there.

Thanks guys :D

Thank you for your support too. Glad you are feeling better today, a good night's sleep always helps!

Good luck with your productive days and getting lots of applications sent off. Enjoy your weekend xx

hey babes. thanks for the emails yesterday :D glad that your day went well. good luck with the applications and the chilling over the weekend. speak to you soon :)

abz xx

Gooooooood morning :)

How are we all today? Did you all enjoy the weekend?

I enjoyed my long weekend lots. I was productive on Thursday and Friday and got 7 job applications done. Went for a right mixture, anything i think i do basically! There were some admin ones for the Unis here and the hospital in town, and then there is a new hotel opening near the train station so i applied for a hotel receptionist job, why not?! and also for a mystery shopper job! I think that'd be fun! hehe. So fingers crossed.

I also got some housework done and some pictures put up on the wall that i'd been meaning to do. Oh and i bought a couple of plants too, a nice lemon smelling conifer for the balcony and a little pot of daffodils for the living room :D

We had a nice weekend realxing. Our friend came to visit and we had lots of wine sat out on the balcony :D bliss! Then yesterday we had a bbq :D yum!

So yay was a grand weekend. Am just in a grump to be back to the office today, sigh. Am finding it hard to stay awake :S

Hope youre all having a good day! :character00238:

Hiya Bon, glad to hear you had a good weekend and that you were productive on Thursday and Friday. Fingers crossed something comes from the applications. Enjoy the rest of your day - once you get out of work obviously!!! xx

Hehe thanks Nomad.

I am clock watching today :S this morning was sooo slow. I hope this afternoon speeds up a bit!

I plan to have a relaxing evening, perhaps some board games and then watch the last epiosde of Being Human which was on last night.

What are your plans for the evening?

Roll on 5.15pm i say!

What a boring day it is being :S Come on home time, hurry up! hee.

Well after the success of our BBQ on the balcony yesterday we've been looking at BBQ's to buy :) Just a little one but it would be better than a disposable one :) So yay we're gonna get one for the weekend. Of course doing so will mean it'll rain and probably even snow! :rolleyes:

Well only a couple of hours then i can go out into the sunshine. I am looking forward to a relaxing evening.

Oh I did a massive Asda shop on Friday so we have lots of healthy food in :) Am definatly doing better with my eating, but still have a way to go with the wine :S

Hope everyones having a nice afternoon! and enjoy your evenings :)

Humm this new Minimins is confusing. It took me ages to find my blog :S Is it just me? I see that not many people have been on this this morning. Am wondering if i have an old version open or something :S

It does seem to look more modern this new site but i dont like that getting to your subscriptions means going to settings and then subscriptions :S humm.

Annnyway. How are we all today?

The sun is shining again :) I like the sun :)

Work is rubbish today, had a pay review meeting this morning and i am fuming. I dont want to get in the habit of using this forum to complain about work though, as once i start moaning i cant stop! so yeah, i am trying to be positive and enjoying looking at the dandelions outside in the sun :D

We had a nice evening last night. Tea and wine on the balcony :D woo. I like my new plants out there too. I am gonna get some long tubs and when my sister comes to visit in 2 weeks she can help me choose some plants for them as she's good at gardening and works in a garden centre.

The venues for this years art festival in Newcastle has been announced today, so i am enjoying planning that :)

Hope everyone's having a good day :)

Oh I just read something about a security breach. The email was sent last night at half 9 but it didnt come through until now for me :S

Suppose that's why no one is logged on :S ooops.

Hi Bon, glad you had a good evening last night, hope you have a good evening today too. I hadn't logged on as it wouldn't let me do it on my phone this morning. If you go to the quick links button at the top in the middle of the blue bar then you can get to your subscribed threads that way.

Isn't a pay review supposed to cheer you up?!? Hope something comes of those applications soon xx

Good morning. Thanks Nomad :) That helps a lot. Am liking this new site design more now as it does look more professional but not sure on how to do everything yet :S

Anyway, I am in a better mood today. I am waiting to see how long it lasts though as i've just arrived at work! hee.

We had a nice evening playing a board game all night and then played on our DS's in bed :D fun it was.

Hope you all had good evenings too? I am liking these sunny mornings, it's like a summer morning today :)

Have a good day everyone :D

Hi Bon, sounds like you had another good evening. I've not really had a chance to have a look at the forum properly as I tend to do it from my phone.Hope you are still in a good mood. I can't wait for the lighter mornings again as it makes it easier to go out for a run xx

Good morning, hope today's being a good one for everyone?

Thanks Nomad. I am totally living for the evenings and weekends! it's the best way to cope i think. I am annoyed yet again about a new stupid rule at work, so gah. I keep trying to ignore this place, i know it's ridicolous but gah it's hard sometimes.

I was thinking I could go to the Citizens Advice tomorrow as I could do with some advice on how it would work if i quit my job. Cos I know i can't claim jobseekers allowance and i am not sure there is much i could claim cos i live with Jamie who's on a good wage. So humm. Will see what they say. The sickness, mental health might be a route too :( I would hate to have to admit defeat with that one :S but i need to do something.

Anyway. I keep saying i wont moan about work and then i do! it kinda dominates everything even though everything else is great in my life :S

So last night was fun, we went to this valley which is a mile out of Newcastle city centre and it's like being in the countryside as there are woods, a river and a farm and some lovely old ale type pubs :D So we had nice food and sat and had acouple of local beers :D a great way to spend an evening.

Tonight we are buying a bbq for the balcony :D woo.

Tomorrow shall be spent doign housework, visiting agencies and perhaps the Citizens Advice, will see what Jamie says. So productive day tomorrow! Then in the evening our friends are coming over for a bbq, although i've heard the weather is gonna take a turn for the worse :S so will see.

Hope everyone's good today :) I shall read diaries in a mo :)

Hi Bon, glad you had a good evening. Know what you mean about work dominating everything. I think if you resign you have to wait 6 weeks before you're eligible for income support. The basic amout is £67ish so not a huge amount at all but better than nothing. You should be entitled to that regardless of Jamie's income I think. Hope that's helped a bit even though I'm not 100% sure!!

Goid luck tomorrow and hope you have a good weekend xx

Good morning Nomad :) Thanks, I had a lovely weekend :D we bought a little barbeque for our balcony on Thursday night so since then we've had 2 BBQs :D I am loving pepper, onion and mushrooms on the bbq, yum!

So it was a nice relaxing weekend.

Have been feeling rather miserable about work, sigh. Need to snap out of it but i cant seem to. Anyway, Friday i applied for a couple more NHS admin jobs. I really need to get myself to Office Angels and other agencies but i am kinda scared :S This job makes me feel like i can't even do this data entry job so how will i cope with a proper job :S but i know this place and it's strict ways is unique but i just don't feel confident at the moment, sigh.

Anyway. We have a new boss who took over today and i asked her about the protocol for going to the coffee and sandwich van outside. My old boss said we had to make the time up so i didnt bother, but she said that it's fine as long as we don't take ages and she loves the coffee van and she even offered to lend me money to get a coffee this morning, how nice is that?! So yay i shall be getting nice coffees now on a morning and if i dont get time to make my lunch i know i can now go to the sandwich van. So that's made things a little nicer.

Well i dont get a long weekend this weekend. I dont work fridays anyway and i have to work bank hol Monday. Am very sad about it as Jamie's off, sigh. But at least we'll have 3 days together instead of the normal 2 :) Not sure what we'll do yet but am sure we'll make it fun :)

Humm 6 weeks with no income is a while... I talked to Jamie about it last night briefly and quitting is certainly an option, we could survive off his wages although it'll mean no fun money :( gah. But there are lots of free things to do in Newcastle. So humm, will see but he said that of course he'll support me if i want to quit and he hates seeing me so sad all the time.

Right, i need to get on with some work i suppose. I think i'll put my audio book on today then i can listen to that and pretend i am not here!

I am meeting a new friend tonight who I met at my volunteering job at the library. So that's nice that i have a new friend and am looking forward to getting to know her more over a cuppa this evening.

Hope everyone's had a nice weekend? and having a good Monday!

Hi Bon, glad you had a good weekend. Pah to work but yay to the sandwich van. Sorry you haven't got the confidence to go to the agencies. You really ought to because they do typing tests and things so you, and they, would know what you are capable of and you wouldn't just be put straight into a job over your head.

Back