Hello new weight loss blog :D

Good morning :)

Well done Abz! You'll soon start to see and feel a difference :) and it's great to have you back on here :D Good luck on Slimming World!

Well I am in a good mood this morning :D makes a change, I don't normally feel awake til about dinner time, ha. But i had a good nights sleep and feel much better for it today.

So i had a brilliant day yesterday with my food, I made a lovely salad for tea too, I gave Jamie a jacket potato and lots of cheese with his but i saved the calories and just had the salad. Lots of olives and a couple of sundried tomatoes and quorn pieces and mushrooms, then normal salad :) lovely it was and all under 300 calories :D

I have a smaller one in a lunch box for lunch time, i have brought a bread bun as well though so it's a bit more filling then i wont be snacking this afternoon, I know i am like if i am even slightly hungry in the afternoon. I have a nectarine for breakfast. Tea will be something from the freezer i think, we have plenty in :)

Then it's Wii Fit and sending my CV off day tomorrow :)

Well I hope everyone is having a good day today? I shall check people's diaries...

Not bad at all Bon,(my day), and may your good mood continue! You are being so good with your diet, I'm really impressed. Actually I've had a good week eating wise too- must be something in the air! I've got a great weekend to look foward too, some girlfriends coming to stay Saturday night, we are going to the theatre to see a show. I haven't seen them for months so we will no doubt spend most of the weekend talking our heads off!

Hi Minusfour :) Yeah my good mood in continuing :D

There is a 4 day Heritage event going on here at the beginning of Sept, it's just where lots of local history places open up and put on tours and events for free, we went last year and it was really interesting, there is loooads to do so I am spending the afternoon working out what we can go to and trying to fit as much in as possible!

You can see i'm working hard at work... sigh.

Aw your weekend sounds like it'll be lovely :) Enjoy the show and seeing yoru friends :) It's always fun to do things like that.

Well done on eating well too! hopefully we'll see a difference on Weigh In day! (mine's tmw :S ).

Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Heya, glad that you're all cheerful and doing so well! Hope that you're enjoying your day off!
That heritage weekend sounds awesome, I love stuff like that. I joined the national trust when I was in Devon, I really should look up some places around here and go have a mooch, feel a bit weird going on my own though, lol.

Enjoy your weekend.
:)

Dear Bon,

I rang one of the ladies visiting tonight, to find out their arrival time tommorow, and she couldn't stop crying for the entire call. She had had, she explained, a big fight with her elderly father. She had told him what everyone else had been thinking, (which was apparently that his second wife was a gold digger, intent only on ripping him off), and he hadn't taken it very well.
Her father is in his late 80s, and in poor health. He remarried about five years ago, to a woman in her early sixties. She is employed full time as a receptionist at a local medical clinic, he has been retired for many years. His three daughters have barely recovered from the grief of their mothers death, which was about eleven years ago. They have given this second wife trouble from day one. The father is not a rich man, nor a stupid one, although he may well have been very lonely after his first wife's death, and it belies rational thought processes to think that she is only there to asset strip.(She has hardly living it up, and is probably the one putting food on the table!)
It seems to me that his daughters, including my friend, are being extremely mean to both the father and his second wife. What it is to them if he has some company, and someone to share his life with? He is elderly, and sick, lucky to have survived major surgery a few months ago.
So, instead of clean bathrooms, I have been drinking wine tonight. I am on my third glass now, which, coincidentally, is also the number of bathrooms and toilets that I will have to clean before they arrive in less than 12 hours.
I am not sure that I can stand to have this whole issue discussed endlessly. (The daughters did not end up attending his wedding, after much contemplation, five years ago. At that time, I almost bit my tongue off putting up with them!)
Dear Bon, why am I telling you all this? It's just I've been looking so foward to this weekend, and now I'm dreading it. People should not go looking for trouble. It should be banned!

Oh dear - that does sound like a tedius weekend you've got in store Minusfour x

Aw Minusfour, maybe you should tell them what you think of the situation? Yes, they'll probably get a bit angry with you, but once they've calmed down they'll probably thank you for it. I can't imagine anything worse than having an elderly father die and you knowing that the last thigns you said to him were mean. But it all depends what kind of friends they are I suppose. I hope that your weekend isn't as pants as you fear it may be.

HOPe that you're enjoying your weekend bon :)

Hiya Bon, well done on the healthy eating. Hope you had a productive day yesterday and you're enjoying your weekend. The Heritage weekend sounds good, we never do anything like that.

Have a great weekend xx

Hi Bon,

Hope you are having a good day! Sorry about hijacking your thread the other day, I'll stay away when I'm tipsy in future. Visit went ok, show was good, both friends behaved themselves, cleaning finished before they arrived, etc.

Minusfour - glad you're visit wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. You're not the first to be caught driving a PC or laptop whilst under the influence - it makes interesting (if confusing) reading but can cause embarassment later. I do hope your friends have sorted themselves out and that you didn't get too embroiled in their problems. I hope you managed to get some enjoyment from the visit x

Morning Bon - have a great Monday x

Morning everyone :) I hope you all had a nice weekend? as if it is Monday morning AGAIN... sigh.

Annnyway. Awww that sounds like a difficult situation MinusFour :S I can see why you were dreading the weekend having to deal with that :( How was it in the end then? you said you enjoyed the show so I am pleased about that. Hope they weren't too selfish talking about it all the time and let you enjoy your weekend with them. I don't blame you for opting for a couple of glasses of wine instead of cleaning bathrooms, hee, I would of done too!

How was everyone else's weekend?

Well my day off was great and very productive again :D I like these Fridays to myself sorting things out. I booked our train tickets for the Lakes :) yays, and then rang loooads of places and booked us in for as much as we can fit in over the Heritage Weekend, am really looking forward to that. You know Pink and Nomad you should look up what is in your area, am sure there are some lovely places to visit near by, there is around us and a lot are free :) I love doing things like that.

Then I applied for a job at the Centre for Life here (it's a big science place) and I am sooo hopeful as it sounds like a brilliant job working in the Conference and Banqueting centre where they book and arrange events, so all the things we go to anyway I could help organise... I'd love to work there so I am really hoping :S Although unfortunatly i didn't see the job until Friday lunch time and it said the deadline was Friday 13th... I submitted my CV and a letter anyway but I am worried it wont count as it might have been too late... not sure how these things work and if it means before that date or on or before that date kinda thing... we'll see anyway. There is a place on the website to submit your CV in general too so I'll do that as well as I'd love to work there.

The weekend was good, we went to South Shields for the day on Saturday as there was a Roman day on at the Roman Fort there so that was fun, then we went to the museum in the town and an art gallery (the one i went to before with the ball pool :D ) and then we got the Metro train home, so was a nice little day out.

Yesterday we relaxed at home and then went to the pub in the evening which was nice. Not sure i did well with my calories, sigh. I am finding that I am useless at calorie counting over weekends as things seem to get in the way... Me and Jamie shared some chips on Saturday at the seaside, so at least i didn't have a whole one to myself but then we had lots of wine Saturday night and beer last night with a burger and chips... sigh, I feel really bad and know i need to do better.

I am being good today though, am having a day where I don't feel too hungry so i hope it lasts as I seemed constantly hungry all weekend :S

Well i hope everyone's having a nice Monday :) I shall catch up with people's diaries in a mo.

Hi Bon - sounds like an interesting job - I hope it's yours x

Hi sweetheart,

Your weekend sounds fantastic. I know what you mean about calorie counting on weekends, for me it's the loss of routine. The visit wasn't too bad at all.My friend doesn't seem to be able to accept this new wife. Such a pity, for them all. One of our mutual mates clearly has a rather large skeleton in his cupboard, and we spent many happy moments gossiping about what this could be. I don't reckon we'll ever find out, but some of the outlandish suggestions we were coming up with would make a hollywood script writer proud!
What was the Roman Fort like? One of our neighbours lived in the UK for some time, and dug up a roman coin in their veggie patch- we don't really have that sort of history here, it really caught my imagination.
Hope the job application was accepted.

Hey bon!
Oooo, good luck with the job thing, I'm sure that they'll accept the CV.
Bah, weekends are crap for calorie counting, there's always so much yummy stuff available when you go out; but it doesn't sound as though you did too badly!
The Roman thing sounds awesome, we're there sexy men in leather skirty things and togas? mmmmm *daydreams*
England is truly awesome for all of that historical stuff, we're blessed to live here. You've inspired me to get off my arse and use my national trust membership to the full, lol.
Best wishes for the week hun, although I'm sure I'll come spam you tomorrow, lol.

Hi guys, yay it's nearly home time! wooo. Today hasn't been too bad actually, everyone who sits around me has been in a chatty mood so that's been nice and the day hasn't dragged too much :)

Thanks guys :) Yeah I do have my hopes up a lot about this job... but i shouldn't as I haven't the experience... but I was enthusiastic which is what they asked for.. ha... will see, I plan to submit my CV when i've tweaked it a bit more in the hope that they'll keep me in mind for any more positions that arise. At least I feel better that I am actively doing something to get an interesting job, that's helping cheer me up.

Oh Pink you should make use of your National Trust membership! you can get in anywhere free can't you? Do you drive? you really should try and get to some places while you have the chance! if we lived closer i'd so come with you :D hee. But I go to museums and places by myself when I have some spare time, no one bats an eye lid at those kinda places :) so go for it! I've been handing out booklets about this Heritage weekend to people at work, I have lots of people excited about it so that's good, yay.

The Roman day wasn't as good as I'd hoped tbh :S It was a bit childish, sigh. There were indeed people dressed up as Romans Pink, although they were quite scary I thought! not very sexy, ha. There was archery and a falconary display and old Roman type childrens games... but other than that not much really :S shame. But I had always wanted to go so was nice to see the place and the area next to the mouth of the Tyne river.

My friend at work has just got back from Australia MinusFour :) not sure where abouts you live but she went to the West Coast around Sydney area, she went to the Blue Mountains and Sydney itself and to Penguin Island, she saw loads of interesting wildlife, so it sounds like you have plenty to do over there MinusFour even if you don't have our depth of history.

So what are we all up to tonight? I think we plan to play some Wii games :) although of course that'll have to be after operation tidy up :S the flat is always in a mess after weekends spent mainly in the house, ha.

Well have a nice evening everyone :)

Australia has history - just not the same sort of history. White Australian history is interesting even if not all that old. Native Australian history is another matter indeed - I'd love to find out more about that x

Good morning everyone :) I hope you're well today? what you up to?

Well I am bored at work again, ha, but never mind at least I have some work to do today so that should help make 6 o'clock come around quick enough :)

Tonight we're going to a guided history tour around this old valley just further down the river to Newcastle, it's an interesting place and has some lovely old pubs so I am looking forward to that after work. Then I need to pack as I am going away to my sister's house in Whitby tomorrow straight after work.

Well I hope everyone's having a good day today?

Whitby sounds nice - it's on my list of places to visit x

Back