Hello new weight loss blog :D

Hi Bon, glad you had a good time with your sister. Sorry to hear you're not well though, hope the antibiotics kick in soon. Well done on eating better, that's great xx

Ohhhh I have just been emailed about a trial and interview on Tuesday at a children's bookshop i applied for :S I do love it there and it'd be awesome to work there even though its just the cafe and shop bit i'll be working in but i am concerned it is just a casual contract :S I need to read up more on this.

But i am going to go to the interview and see what they say anyway, i would loooove to work for them and it'd be good experience... So arrrrgh. I am nervous :S

But excited that i finally heard something back from somewhere :D woo

Thanks Nomad! I am excited and nervous at the same time! ha.

Am worried about it being casual work... but Jamie brings home enough money for bills and rent and if it makes me happy at the end of the day it's worth going for for that and the experience i think.

So now for lots of reading up before Tuesday! Argh.

Good morning. Well it's rather wet and miserable here again! but I am in a good enough mood. My boss is off today and it's Thursday so my weekend is tomorrow, so they are good reasons.

We had a nice evening playing this puzzley weird computer game which was fun :)

Have been thinking a lot about this job interview. Am worried that it's only like 2 hours a day or something :S Buuuut no matter how much i think about it, all i need to do is go along on Tuesday and see what they say and see how many hours they'd be able to offer and then work out if it is doable.

I would so love to work there though, it's a lovely place. But I'll see.

Well tomorrow i am going to go to the bookshop and get a feel for the place. Then do some research for my volunteering library work. Then more job hunting. So a bit of a mixed day. Saturday there is a festival in town we'll pop along to and see what's going on and perhaps go to this music day that's on. Then Sunday is chill out day :) so it shall be a nice weekend hopefully.

What is everyone else up to?

I am starving today :S i can't seem to feel full! I've had a special K bar but it wasnt enough :S I only have a wrap and some pineapple left now though :S I have £1 though so will go and get some crisps i think.

Well it's nearly break time :) woo, today is going sooooo slow! hope everyones having a good day!

my experience with casual contracts is that they offer you the hours they have week on week and you sign up for what's available. so your hours may change week by week. if you aren't relying on your income and what you make will be spending money if you like, then i really think it's worth going for. it will be great for experience, you'll hopefully enjoy it a lot more and if a more permanent position comes up there you will be in a perfect place to take it as you will have experience in the workplace. and any money you make will be a bonus :D and there's nothing to stop you applying to other places in the meantime.

good luck with it honey. i'm sure you'll do fabulously :D

abz xx

Hi Bon, well Abz said what I was going to say! Sounds like you have a good weekend planned. Hope the weather improves for you xx

Morning Bon. The bookshop sounds fun. Apart from being a childrens' bookshop, I wonder if it is anything like "The Cookbook" St Just in Cornwall. They have a cafe with bookshelfs around and a bookshop upstairs. They buy and sell books of all kinds and do lunches and cream teas. It is an interesting concept and a very interesting shop. We often go there for a coffee after we've stopped at the pasty shop! It's a very rounded experience and I can lose OH upstairs for ages. It could end up with messy books in a kids bookshop if its done the wrong way round though ;)

The Cook Book: St. Just's dog friendly Café Bookshop offering second-hand books and book repairs, West Cornwall

Good afternoon :)

Thanks everyone. Thinking about it i havent my hopes up too much about this job interview at Seven Stories tomorrow, i am thinking it's gonna be an as and when type contract... but I'll see, if it's doable at all i will go for it. A change in career sounds brilliant right now. And somewhere like that it wouldnt be about the money it'd be about being happy at work which is way more important. Thanks for the advice guys, you're right.

Ah that place looks great Gemstone! lovely. It is kinda like that yeah, but i would say it is more of a museum of children's books really. The shop and cafe are the extra bits but not the main reason you go there. They tell stories in the attic room and have exhibitions of different childrens authors, it's a fun day out :)

Am also thinking that working in a cafe might not be the best idea for a vegetarian. I wouldnt mind handling and cooking meat, but obviously i couldn't taste these things, so hummmm. That might be a problem :( Oh but all i can do is see tomorrow. I'll keep you posted!

Oh also i have another interview on Friday. That's at the hospital in town doing Admin stuff. It's more like a personal secretary role which sounds interesting. Not sure i am qualified enough for it though but they must have thought so to invite me for an interview. So that'd be a good opportunity too. Plus it's full time so the money's certain.

Annnnyway, gah to job stuff. I wish i could fast forward a year and see what job i've job without having all this form filling and scary job interviews to do :(

Hope everyone had a good weekend?

Morning Bon, good luck for the interview. I think you should just jump in and do it if its about enjoying work and not the money. I shall keep cheching back for news. Also well done on the other interview. Have a good day xx

hello :) Aw thanks guys!

Weeeell i _think_ it went really well. I came out of there all positive and thinking i'd made a good impression and got on with them well. Buut then last night i was lying awake for ages and all i could think about was all the negative stuff and i kept thinking that i wish i'd done so much differently, sigh. Sooo i dont know :(

I had a trial for about 3 hours where i made soup :D and then served some customers and i did really enjoy it, was fun. Although it was quiet and it wont be like that at all during school holidays! Then i had a short interview and i think i did well there and it was a nice chat with them i think.

They said that they are interviewing 3 people and want to hire 2 people :S They will let me know on Thursday afternoon she said.

So we will see. Oh the hours thing is fine, i am sure there will be plenty of hours to work, and its a casual contract cos of the busyness being so different during term and holiday times you see.

So hummm. I will see. I did enjoy the experience if nothing else though. But i do kinda have my hopes up. I've come in here today and i am just sat at my desk sooooo bored and staring at the clock. I know this job would be super busy and challengeing but i feel ready for that and to feel like i am not wasting my days kinda thing.

Annnnyway. Will keep you posted!

Another thing is that i'll be on my feet all day and therefore getting exercise, and i shall be so busy i wont have time to eat :S see. So that'd be good for me i am sure.

Hope everyone is ok? i shall check diaries now :D Thanks again for the Good Lucks!

well done honey. sounds like there will be plenty of work if they want to hire two people!! will cross my fingers for you tomorrow :D

abz xx

I hope you get the job Bon - sounds like it was right for you x

Good afternoon :)

Sorry ive not been on here for a few days :S Have been rather busy.

Well i didn't get the job :( boo! I didnt hear anything all weekend so I emailed on Monday morning and they replied saying I hadn't got it. Am very disppointed. But then the more i think about it the more i realise that it wasn't ideal. I asked for some feedback too and it was all really positive! and she said she'd spoken to the admin people and passed my details and cv on to them to be considered for future jobs there as she thinks i have a lot to offer :) so that's good. Oh and she said it was close between me and someone else but they got it as they had previous catering experience. So it's fair enough.

I didn't have the interview on Friday as it was canceled at the last minute! was rather annoyed :( But never mind that wasn't ideal either. Sigh.

So am back to the beginning again and applying for more jobs.

i am in good spirits though. Got lots of fun things planned and it's bank holiday this weekend which will be good. So yeah i am well and trying not to let work get to me :)

Thanks for your support guys! Hope youre all well :)

Back