Hello newbie here

Kateweston

Hello everyone, hope you all had a good christmas and that your all going to have an even better new year.

Well, i hate starting exercise programmes but from past experience when i get into it, after a couple of weeks i love it. I work in an office based enviroment where all i really do from 9 to 5 is sit on my bum, so it's no wonder that combined with eating rubbish has caused the pounds to creep on.

Anyway, i live 2 miles away from work, so my plan is to walk there and back every day. That is 20 miles a week. I'm also a member of a gym so i'll go there four times a week , however i'm not going to kill myself.

Anyway i'll keep you all updated.

thats a good plan, i live 9miles away. its a goal that by the summer i will be fit enough to bike to work. also i have never been on a bike on roads, so wud need to build confidence/skill. this was also a goal last year, so im hoping ill get closer to it this time.

Good luck

Hi Kate; sounds like a good plan! I telecommute (work from home) so I sit in front of a computer daily, getting to the gym really helps me!

Hi Kate I live in Manchester too, I cycle to work and back daily hoping to extend the trip home to get extra exercise as I get fitter

Back