Hello out there!

I've been thinking a lot recently about why it's taken me so long to get started on this journey. Here are my hold backs:

1. A lovely husband who is supportive and great regardless of my weight, who loves me just as I am. Which is brilliant, but means less motivation to change. (Still wouldn't swap him for a mean fat-shamer though)
2. I'm a dreadful procrastinator. Even going way back to school, I'd never do something today that I could put off until tomorrow. So I was able to convince myself there was plenty of time to lose weight, there was no point if my heart wasn't in it, I couldn't do it with Christmas/a birthday/a night out on the calendar. Etc, etc, etc...
3. The sheer amount of weight I had to lose. (Nearly a third less now). I knew it was going to be an absolute mission. It would take ages. It would be really, really hard. And so it was easier not to even start. Because if you don't try, you can't fail, right?

And what I'm taking forward?

1. Short term sacrifice for long term gain. I haven't slipped yet (not once! Not in 13 weeks!) largely because I know that no matter how delicious whatever I was craving would taste, the feeling of disappointment in myself would leave a very bitter aftertaste. I now think about how, when I get to goal, I can have whatever it was, occasionally and in moderation and without guilt.
2. I love clothes shopping. I love being able to get something off the rack without going right to the back. I'm not going to the back again. Oh no.
3. I've stopped avoiding cameras. It makes me sad that I was doing that. Sometimes subconsciously, but definitely avoiding them. Don't want to go back there.
4. There's definitely a twinkle in my husband's eye. I think this is mostly because I don't avoid him touching me any more. I used to sort of cringe away sometimes because I knew I was squashy and that made me feel embarrassed and unattractive. Not any more.

I've been thinking a lot recently about why it's taken me so long to get started on this journey. Here are my hold backs:

1. A lovely husband who is supportive and great regardless of my weight, who loves me just as I am. Which is brilliant, but means less motivation to change. (Still wouldn't swap him for a mean fat-shamer though)
2. I'm a dreadful procrastinator. Even going way back to school, I'd never do something today that I could put off until tomorrow. So I was able to convince myself there was plenty of time to lose weight, there was no point if my heart wasn't in it, I couldn't do it with Christmas/a birthday/a night out on the calendar. Etc, etc, etc...
3. The sheer amount of weight I had to lose. (Nearly a third less now). I knew it was going to be an absolute mission. It would take ages. It would be really, really hard. And so it was easier not to even start. Because if you don't try, you can't fail, right?

1. Short term sacrifice for long term gain. I haven't slipped yet (not once! Not in 13 weeks!) largely because I know that no matter how delicious whatever I was craving would taste, the feeling of disappointment in myself would leave a very bitter aftertaste. I now think about how, when I get to goal, I can have whatever it was, occasionally and in moderation and without guilt.
2. I love clothes shopping. I love being able to get something off the rack without going right to the back. I'm not going to the back again. Oh no.
3. I've stopped avoiding cameras. It makes me sad that I was doing that. Sometimes subconsciously, but definitely avoiding them. Don't want to go back there.
4. There's definitely a twinkle in my husband's eye. I think this is mostly because I don't avoid him touching me any more. I used to sort of cringe away sometimes because I knew I was squashy and that made me feel embarrassed and unattractive. Not any more.
Very good post and I can relate to a lot of what you are saying...

Congratulation and well done on losing 3 stone:0clapper::thankyouthankyou::winner:

What a good post, one I can so identify with. I can only say wow, well done, what an amazing loss. x

Another weigh in, another 2 down. Happy with that as I saw my consultant earlier than expected so it's actually 2lbs in 5 days. I can live with that!
In other news, I'm getting myself mentally and physically prepared for a night off on Friday. It's my leaving do and I promised myself and my lovely colleagues months ago that for this one night I would enjoy a meal out and a few drinks.
Now the date is approaching though (the day after tomorrow!) I'm feeling pretty nervous actually. I think what's worrying me most is whether or not I will get able to get back on plan on Saturday. I've astonished myself with my focus and willpower on this diet. I'm a little bit terrified about jinxing it. What if eating and drinking breaks a spell and on Saturday I'm suddenly back to struggling to stay on a diet past lunchtime? What if my appetite goes mental and I'm hungry and grumpy and demotivated? What if eating and drinking causes crazy water retention and a massive gain?
I've talked this all through with my consultant. She's given me a plan. I'm going to step 2 tomorrow, then step 3 on Friday. This means a 150 cal breakfast (I'm having egg on toast. Toast! I've dreamed about toast...) 2 products, salad lunch then dinner out. Then Saturday back on step 2 before I go back to 3 products on sole source by Sunday. Not weighing until Thursday, so hopefully any damage will have time to right itself.
What complicates things further is that I'm now only a fortnight away from seeing my mum. Mum has no idea I'm even on a diet so the plan is to maximise the difference. So I really feel like maintaining or maybe even gaining would be a really big deal at this late stage.
Ah well. Deep breaths. Here's hoping...

Survived my night out and night off. Made good choices food wise, for starter halloumi but griddled not fried with leaf salad, sea bass main course with French beans and new potatoes (but left a few of those). My drink choices were less virtuous, but totally delicious! Elderflower mojitos. Ooh yes.
So far am back on it 100% with no problem aside from a hungry couple of days reminiscent of my very first week on red 2!
Crazy scales are suggesting no gain (maybe even a small loss?) but I'll believe it only when I see it on my consultant's scales...
Onwards and upwards!

Another 5 off tonight which makes me nearly four and a half stone lighter since I started CWP back in early April. Had a pretty hungry week but more than worth it for these results. Next week we're having a mini holiday in Edinburgh so I'm going step 2 with some room for manoeuvre. Will be happy with a maintain next week...

Not just a maintain but a little loss! Only a pound but bearing in mind all the restaurant eating where there's no control over what goes in dressings and sauces, plus a night off which included tapas, paella and sangria, I will absolutely take a pound! Also means I have lost exactly four and a half stone since April. Wow.
Hope all going well for anyone else reading. Think it's just me now!!

Well done Grover! Four and a half stone is fantastic, you must be so pleased!! :D You're nearly halfway through your journey as well. Must be so good and a pound is not to be sniffed at, if you go pick up 1 lb of something it is quite hefty! ;) x

Back