Hello people!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ipswichjon, 17 July 2011 Social URL.

1. ipswichjon

ipswichjon New Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(12.56%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers points and my own will power
    Hi, I thought I'd introduce myself as I've joined up to check out recipe ideas and get nutritional / WW points info that I can't find anywhere else. I had been using the site for a couple of months via google and decided to take the plunge as it's been so useful, thanks to all the posters whose insights I've been cribbing from!

Now in my second year of old WW points counting, I started at 216lbs mainly due to an 18 month stint of no exercise and lots of fried tempura while living in Japan.

Since returning to England I also put on a bit of weight due to taking steroids for a chest infection and when I went over 15 stone I decided I needed to turn the tide.

I lost an initial 38lbs through lots of fat burning exercise like walking and following a 25 point limit on WW, I've gone up and down a bit since 2010 but stayed between 184-192 lbs due to holiday binges and not being able to exercise (I broke my metatarsal playing football last year and couldn't exercise for a month leading to weight gain and cake comfort eating!).

Now getting back on track, I don't mind going up a few lbs for a holiday etc then getting it back off again afterwards, looking to lose 7lbs over the summer!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Slimgirl Fat

Slimgirl Fat Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(7.46%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley. Amazing Inch Loss Plan.
    I love your goal date! I've just joined here today, I'm doing Slimming World though... I couldn't even bear to make up a goal date!Hahaha

Good Luck!

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Congratulations on your losses and good luck.

Irene xx

5. chazza31

chazza31 Member

Hi so sorry 2 jump in on your chat I've also just joined 2 day through I pod app and I'm totally confused as how 2 use the forum ! Any help would b much appreciated xxx

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

6. pjso

pjso Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Eat Less :)
    :)
    I've also joined today.

Let's motivate ourselves, and I'm sure that in no time we'll meet our goals.

7. SAE156

SAE156 Member

I too have joined today - must be something in the water!! I'm hoping to have the support and willpower to make this time count :0)

8. Slimgirl Fat

Slimgirl Fat Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(7.46%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley. Amazing Inch Loss Plan.
    It's good that we've all taken a positive step to do something about our weight. We might all be doing different diets but our goals will all be the same.

I wish you all good luck and here's to achieving our goals! :)

chazza31, I'm guessing it's a different layout using the ipod? I'm afraid I must be the only person in the world that doesn't possess one so I can't help there. I found the threads for new members quite useful and just stumbled my way around. Good luck!

9. jadeelizabeth

jadeelizabeth becoming a happier, healthier me

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi and welcome :D

Good luck on your weight loss journey!

10. ipswichjon

ipswichjon New Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(12.56%)
    Diet:
    Thanks for the good luck messages, I didn't know there wa an app, I'll have to check that out!

11. ipswichjon

ipswichjon New Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(12.56%)
    Diet:
    Just got the app, very good! Anyone else using weight watchers and has an iPhone, I also use an iwatchr app it's really good at tracking points, quickly calculating bonuses, has weight graphs etc, I'd definitely recommend it if you like gadgets.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.