Hello

FattyMcBigbum

Gold Member
Hiya :)

I was prescribed Xenical last year and I never really used it properly after recently fishing them out I've been using them for the last 1½ weeks but I've just run out, I've asked my Dr for a new prescription but he wants me to the nurse I presume to take my weight and height etc but she's on holliday til next week >.< my Xenical were 120mg so I was wondering if I could just buy Alli and take 2 the equivilent of my Xenical? I don't want to stop taking them now cos I feel like they're really helping. what do you think?

In your shoes I'd buy the Alli, you dont want to lose the momentum. I don't know about doubling the dose though. Have a word with the pharmacist. I see you have quite a long way to go, well there are people on this site who will blow you away with their fanastic weight loses. I know I've never felt this motivated to succeed, I just know that THIS TIME I'm going to see it through. Nice to meet you by the way!

I don't think it's a good idea to deviate from the advised dosage. I wouldn't be sure if Alli is just Xenical halved or a different drug which is the equivalent to half a dose of Xenical

Hiya

Ali are exactly same as xenical but in order to sell them over the counter they are at the reduced dose!

Just mention to the phamacist that you have been pescribed them but the nurse is away and ask if it is safe to double up! Im almost certain she'll say yes cos my MIL had some alli and i checked ingredients and they were exact same as xenical but only 60mg of olistat in them!

love katie
xxxxxx

Thanks for the replies :) A very nice friend has offered to lend me a weeks supply so I don't need to buy the Alli, after finding out they were £22 for 2 weeks (would have been 1 week if I'd double dosed) I doubt my OH would have let me buy them anyway :/

or you could go back to see a diff doctor and explain how you know they are helping you and to wait with nothing is making you worried ect x

or you could go back to see a diff doctor and explain how you know they are helping you and to wait with nothing is making you worried ect x
I don't think he has a problem prescribing them to me, I think he just leaves it to the nurse to do the weigh ins, she's the one who prescribed them to me the first time. If I'd made a proper appointment and gone to see the dr I would have probably got the prescription, but cos I was lazy and got the receptionist to ask he's fobbed me off ^.^

have you made an appointment yet?

thats just rubbish! lol
ive bookedup my appointments till next year LOL. how organised is that!! (not usual for me)

I actually made my next weekly appointment when I was last time only to get phoned up last week asking if I could change appointments. Of course my prescription runs out before then :rolleyes:

thats just rubbish! lol
ive bookedup my appointments till next year LOL. how organised is that!! (not usual for me)
hehe.

Hows your gramps hun? x

I actually made my next weekly appointment when I was last time only to get phoned up last week asking if I could change appointments. Of course my prescription runs out before then :rolleyes:

Eek that sucks, what are you gonna do imbetween?

I'll just phone up and ask for a script, I got a double prescription last time anyway so i think as long as I have regular check up they won't mind.

still dont know anymore, will know more in about 20 hours or so..

still dont know anymore, will know more in about 20 hours or so..
:( ok, hope he's getting better x

I phoned the Dr this morning and the nurse was fully booked for today and Monday, I rang by 9:30!! Apparently the nurse hasn't created an appointment sheet or something so the receptionist can't do anymore appointments til she does that. I've been told to ring again on Monday :cry:I should have enough to last me until then. When I ring on Monday if I don't get an appointment for at least Tuesday I'm gonna try the Dr again.

oh my goodness! thats bad isnt it! hope your doc sorts you out with some tabs!

love katie
xxx

he did... finally. It wasn't my usual Dr though - I've never seen this one before, I didn't know what to think about him. He asked me if I knew how to diet on Xenical and I said yeah low cal/low fat and he replied you should be close to starvation... :eek:

I dont think low cal/low fat eating has to be near starvation at all. I'm never really full, but neither I am absolutely famished. That was a plainly ridiculous thing for your doctor to say, but what the hell, you got the script!

Back