Hello!

sona1980

Gold Member
Hey ppl!

hope you dont mind but ive been reading about this diet since vicky over there mentioned it on FB. Sounds amazing and had read some pretty good ongoing sucess stories! Bought the book and am currenty reading this- also making notes in my dukan diet jotter as i go.

Have a few questions...

Im at the gym, 60 mins of cardio 3 times a week and then some days i do my lateral stepper for 30 mins at home... do i need to walk 20 mins in addition to this?

With meat, i only eat halaal... can i eat the wafer thing chicken, tukey and beef slices? they are processed i guess... is processed stuff allowed?

Can i use fry ligh spray oil in small amounts to replace rubbin oil on a pan with kitchen paper?

has anyone had seek kebabs? made with chicken mince, onion, corn flour and egg... will that be ok on attack or on pp days?

Thanks in advance for ur answers!!
C u all propperly next week i hope, should have the book all read by then!

BTW well done on ur loss so far ur all very inspiring!

s xx

Hello there and welcome...

I'll have a go at your questions (but I always feel I have to add that I don't have the English book but the French original which seems stricter with some things!!).

So:

Im at the gym, 60 mins of cardio 3 times a week and then some days i do my lateral stepper for 30 mins at home... do i need to walk 20 mins in addition to this?
No. The idea of his 20 mins walk per day is to get people used to moving who wouldn't otherwise... You might find your level of physical activity tough to keep up on Attack phase...

With meat, i only eat halaal... can i eat the wafer thing chicken, tukey and beef slices? they are processed i guess... is processed stuff allowed?
Can you check the labels to see how they compare to the other stuff? You're looking for SUGAR, salt, etc... better to cook yourself if in doubt. I tend to use bought sliced this or that only for an emergency snack, and never for a meal.

Can i use fry ligh spray oil in small amounts to replace rubbin oil on a pan with kitchen paper?
Yes definitely. One spray does me.

has anyone had seek kebabs? made with chicken mince, onion, corn flour and egg... will that be ok on attack or on pp days?
No onion or cornflour on attack or PP days... Cornflour is allowed in Cruise, but small quantity only per day. (I believe the English version of the diet might be more lenient where onion is concerned on Cruise PP... but there are carbs there so go careful...)

If Longratia could confirm or deny all now please...!!

hey joanne!

thanks for ue quick reply! i was a it concerned with the kebabs.. looks like i will have to try a version without onions or cornflour... maybe try just mince and egg with smices as a burger and grill to cook! The seek kebabs are already made u see and sitting in the freezer!

What is your take on soups? i was thinking of having a portion of soup as a snack at work. I love soup but the ones made at work will probs have some sort of thickner thrown in.

Im thinking of chicken on pp days
Veg on pv days.
Also maybe look in to a beef and veg soup also for PV days just
to make it interesting.

how do i go about cooking beef? never really had beef before i tent to eat lamb if eat red meat at all.

Joanne - Im the one who has introduced Sona to this :D

Hey hon - glad to see you over here!!!

No. The idea of his 20 mins walk per day is to get people used to moving who wouldn't otherwise... You might find your level of physical activity tough to keep up on Attack phase...
agree with Joanne

Can you check the labels to see how they compare to the other stuff? You're looking for SUGAR, salt, etc... better to cook yourself if in doubt. I tend to use bought sliced this or that only for an emergency snack, and never for a meal. I use the turkey and ham slices as long as under 3% fat they are ok (so 3g per 100g)

Yes definitely. One spray does me. - me too

No onion or cornflour on attack or PP days... Cornflour is allowed in Cruise, but small quantity only per day. (I believe the English version of the diet might be more lenient where onion is concerned on Cruise PP... but there are carbs there so go careful...) - these will be ok on cruise because of the cornflour and ok on both days as you are allowed a little onion to cook with. I did have cornflour on attack but only once though (and still lost 6lbs!)

Hope this helps :)

With meat, i only eat halaal... can i eat the wafer thing chicken, tukey and beef slices? they are processed i guess... is processed stuff allowed
I thought this question referred to some special halaal stuff... (otherwise I'd have got it right!!)

oh dunno - it might do.!

The power we have... to allow or not a product! haaaaaa! We should be PAID by the food manufacturers!! haaaaa!

lol its does and it doesnt.. i dont eat anything pig related... is all.

any takers on my beef questions?

If the labelling resembles the chicken/turkey slices, it'll be fine...

But he does urge to do as much home cooking as you can, and to keep the slices/crabsticks etc for snack emergencies rather than the "meal" itself... as they do have a high salt content

As far as soup goes. I made a chicken soup, Knorr do a ready made stock with onlt a trace of carbs/fats and low sugars ect. I used chicken id already roasted, stock, extra water and another stock cube, and 1 very small onion this made about 10 portions

thanks guys
guna only use the slices as snacks for work really not meals.
ok so thats soups sorted... how long have u guys stayed on attack?

Hello there,

The number of days on attack is kind of dependent on how much you'd like to lose. Three days is usually good to ensure ketosis (and not be toooo boring, or cause toooo many problems with the old intestines!!).

the site states i should do attack for three days.. will that be enough? im still a bit confused about what to eat.. i know its stupod as i have all this info avail! Im gona start on sunday as im at home on sunday and monday so will be able to have hot meals...

how dows this sound:

brekki- galleti made with egg white
lunch - chicken boiled egg and some souce from the book
Dinner grilled masala fish and some chicken kebab/patties

Brekki - oatmeal porridge
Lunch - grilled beef with egg's
Dinner - fish with chicken patties

Brekki - 2 boiled eggs
Lunch - galleti savoury with chicken slices, chicken and dip
Dinner - fish and chicken patties

sounds fine Sona. You can have fat free yoghurts or fromage frias if you get peckish too. You can have 2 fruit flavour and unlimited natural or toffee/ vanilla.
Dont forget lots of water too!

went to asda today
got some asda dijion mustard
cottage cheese but only had low fat
non fat yogart
weight watchers no fat fruit yogart
extra light phili
skimmed milk
and the wrong oat stuff!! aagghh

Need to get some chicken and beef in.
need to get some fish from freezer place

couldnt find formage fraise

The fromage frais is usually with the yog hon x did you buy porridge oats instead of oat bran?

Back