Hello!

DanInUK

Hi there, I'm Dan, 26, from the UK. I am currently on my 2nd week of the Dukan diet, aiming to lose about 4.5 stone. I had a six day attack phase and am now on the cruise phase. I'm doing the 5/5 cycle. I've been weighing myself every morning and this morning I was horrified to see that I had gained 1.25 pounds since yesterday. Is this normal? I've stuck to it religiously! Anyone else had something similar?

Hi Dan,

Welcome to Dukan :) Yes, your weight can fluctuate from day to day for various reasons. Best bet is to stick with it - continue to weigh at the same time of the day and note the weekly weight loss. Also take measurements as sometimes you'll sts or even see a gain on the scales, but lose an inch around the waist!

Also make sure you keep your fluid intake up as not enough fluid can cause fluid retention (though assuming you're a man, not sure if that affects guys as much as gals!)

Best of luck with your weight loss :)

Hi Dan and welcome! Yes, totally normal. Not to scare you, but the first time I did this, I'd have some gains up to 3lbs (not related to any "lady things" ;-) That's just a fluctuation... usually from retaining water from extra veggies. The good news is that ALWAYS corrected itself and then usually had a significant drop after a gain.

Good luck and stick with it!!

Back