Hello

clairemorgan123

Hello, my name is claire, i will be 44 on the 12th March, I have not weighed myself in a long time but i figure im about 22 stone. I feel extremely low, and want to shift it. Thats why im here, so that I can gain some inspiration and hopefully motivation, as I am sick of starting and stopping on this fat rollercoaster.
:cry:

Hi Claire how are you? I'm a newbie on here too and you are in the right place for support and friendly advice:) What diet have you decided to do? Good luck and keep posting and talking. It really does help to know you are not alone and that there are lots of other people here to help you along the way X

Hello Claire - thank you for your comment on my blog yesterday and good luck with everything. I've been shifting and regaining weight for over 20 years and have only recently achieved a weight I'm happy with. Then I lost concentration and slipped back into old habits and a half stone of fat has crept back on - much to my dismay! I found Minimins to be an absolute godsend during the hard slog. There is so much help and support here. Tellingly, I haven't been on as much as I used to - maybe that is a factor in me slipping off my target weight? Anyway, for what it's worth, a couple of things that really made a difference to me: One, food is fuel. It is not a hug, a reward, compensation for a bad day or an appropriate distraction from discomfort of any kind. Two, it's ok to feel hungry. Nothing bad will happen, it's a natural and ESSENTIAL sensation that we all seem to avoid at all costs! Allowing yourself to experience natural hunger, to really examine it and how you feel about it gives you an incredible feeling of self-control. And boy, do your meals taste good! Of course, the old adage of "nothing tastes as good as being slim feels" is absolutely true. Looking in the mirror, buying clothes and the total astonishment on the faces of those you don't see very often - there really is nothing like it. Look after yourself, remember why you want to do this and get all the help you need on here. It really is do-able. Best wishes, J

Hi Claire, good luck with the weight lost.

Back