Hello!

Chunky Dunk

Just wanted to post and say hi

I'm starting tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it

This last week of warmer than usual weather has reminded me how much I don't enjoy the summer months; wrapped in cardigans in the sweltering sun cos I'm too embarrassed to take it off! Well not this year - I intend to wear short sleeve tops (maybe even no sleeves ?) and summer dresses

I've done CD in the past, so I know what's coming over the next few days, not pleasant, but at least it doesn't last for long.

You are all doing fantastic, and it's your positive experiences and great losses that convinced me to give this a try. I'll be on here every day to ensure I keep the positive feelings up, and to give you guys some support or share in your successes.

Looking forward to getting to know you all x

Welcome and good luck on your weight loss. :)

Good luck!! It will be so worth it :).

My packs arrive on Monday so am starting then.. Quite excited really! Hopefully the excitement gets me through the rocky first few days (they will be for me coz am total carb/sugar addict)...

Roll on a slimmer summer!xx

Good luck hun, thats one of my goals too, not to wear coat :eek: or cardigans and be dying from heat- horrendous! This is a great site and a great diet, im sure you will reach your goal :)

Catdog xx

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Just had my first shake - the choc one, it wasn't too bad so I'm pleased.

Have decided to have spring clean today so I can see exactly what I've got in my wardrobes. I've got sizes from 10 up to 20. I'm in a size 16 at the moment so going to get rid of the bigger sizes on eBay/down the cat rescue as I never want to see or wear any of them ever again! I have some lovely clothes in a 14, most of them still with the tags on. I thought I'd pick a couple of bits that i can try on weekly to keep my motivation up

Hope you all have a good day. Nic xx

Ive got me 'thinspiration clothes' all new in diff sizes along the way, i cant wait to get into them. Day three today, im very grumpy today but determined to get through this diet, good and bad- losing this weight means everything to me having a life again and not just existing :( Try the chilli wrapped in lettuce its nom nom!

Catdog xx

Oh and i'm a nic too :D

Thinspiration! Lol, brilliant, not heard that before ?

Hope your mood lifts catdog, getting to day 3 should be something to smile about. As my dad says; turn that frown upside down! (he's obviously never done a vlcd...)

Re your comment about the lettuce - do we have to have the veg and milk?

It does sound nice, it's just that I like to feel a bit hard done by while doing this sort of diet. I'm greedy, plain and simple. And I worry that if I have milk in coffee and lovely veg with dinner it feels a bit to free for me, I like the strictness of just using the core stuff. I even worry about eating the spag etc in case it's nice and I get the urge to eat more. I suppose i like to be a bit of a martyr when it comes to dieting, it helps me focus ?

i know what you mean previous to this was on cdiet and loved the strictness of it, helped me like no other diet could (hello im nicci and im a compulsive overeater lol). I take the 'allowed veg and milk' as optional, ive only had the bit lettuce so far, the packs are small but i prefer it as i can't overeat and like you adding more bulk like the veg and things could lead me to getting 'lax'. If you think that the food packs will trigger you dont have them, stick to shakes and think of it like cd! Once youve gettin established on diet and feel mentally stronger re the food then you could have the 'meal' ones or veg and that and can be summit to lok forward to that aint mcdonalds or chocolate lolol. I'm loving the meal things cos of being on cd so long but must admit triggering me bingeing is a worry but im just taking it meal by meal atm cos even thinking a day ahead is scary and can lead me to freak out and eat!

Catdog xx

also i know on this diet you can have certain drinks and bouillion which cdiet dont allow so i don't have them either, even the coke zero cos im a pepsi max addict and that would defo trigger me to be naughty and not drink me water

catdog xx

Chunky Dunk said:
Thinspiration! Lol, brilliant, not heard that before ?

Hope your mood lifts catdog, getting to day 3 should be something to smile about. As my dad says; turn that frown upside down! (he's obviously never done a vlcd...)

Re your comment about the lettuce - do we have to have the veg and milk?

It does sound nice, it's just that I like to feel a bit hard done by while doing this sort of diet. I'm greedy, plain and simple. And I worry that if I have milk in coffee and lovely veg with dinner it feels a bit to free for me, I like the strictness of just using the core stuff. I even worry about eating the spag etc in case it's nice and I get the urge to eat more. I suppose i like to be a bit of a martyr when it comes to dieting, it helps me focus ?

Hi chunky dunk and good luck with the diet :) you don't have to have the milk or veg if you don't want to... I occasionally have a milky coffee or some broccoli with my pack if I'm having a bad day ;) - a few olives are nice in the spag bol too :)
but i tend to stick to just 4 packs normally :)

im a pepsi max addict
Me too :(
But I am NOT going to start again even AFTER this diet - I've read about what diet fizzy drinks contain and what they can do to you - I've lasted a month on water and I intend to keep lasting without the dreaded black liquid. Last time I stopped drinking it for a few months then had some as a treat, 6 months later I was back on 2L a day. BAD BAD stuff, worse than cigarettes (I don't smoke).

Me too :(
But I am NOT going to start again even AFTER this diet - I've read about what diet fizzy drinks contain and what they can do to you - I've lasted a month on water and I intend to keep lasting without the dreaded black liquid. Last time I stopped drinking it for a few months then had some as a treat, 6 months later I was back on 2L a day. BAD BAD stuff, worse than cigarettes (I don't smoke).

I agree with you on that hun, i researched it before and when i was on cd i was off it for a long time and i felt amazing with just the water, pmax does horrendous things to my tummy, i had one as i treat once ide been on cd awhile and didnt even enjoy it but i swear the one i had triggered me addiction again and i was soon back on it to the extreme! Im gonna try not to go back to it its horrible the first week or so without it, normally on a non diet day if ive ran out of them i panic and get OH to get me some and im grumpy til i have it :eek: It just tastes so good when im not on diet cos ive killed me taste buds with all the junk food lol but one ting for the vlcd is brings back taste buds and since i enjoy broccolli on its own now and actually look forward to having it haha.

Catdog xx

Back