Hello!

Also, as an afterthought.. Obviously I don't know your family dynamics, but as your mum has followed SW can she have a word with your dad about your eating plan? I don't doubt that he's adding sauces etc out of kindness, wanting it to taste better etc., but imagine if he had high blood pressure and you kept putting lots of salt in his meals to make them tastier... It's the same thing in different scenarios I think, maybe he just needs to understand the concepts of SW as I don't believe for one minute that he'd want to jeopardise your health, which he is unintentionally (partly) doing by putting you in a position where you are worried about losing motivation and control. X

Hi there. Hope I am not to late and you have eaten the crisps??
Be strong with me.
I felt like jacking it all this morning after my gutted weigh in to be honest but I have managed to stay on plan.
How about you have 1 choc biscuit or do you have any options hot chocolate drinks?
I am gonna have a belgian choc one which are so yummy and chocolaty.
Also choc and fudge alpen light bars - bought a load in B & M bargains on sat - £1.09 a box.
:cross:
Thank you for being there, it's great to know I have support on here :psiholog: I didn't eat the crisps, I did some uni work instead. In the end I would have felt worse because if I'd had more syns I'd have possibly put on a pound or so. Like you said in your weight loss diary, today is a new day. Are the Alpen Lights HEXB for 2? Maybe I need to have some of them instead of bread so I can get a sweet fix. I like savoury food more than sweet but I do fancy sweet things sometimes. I think you did so well to keep at it after being disappointed yesterday.

I saw on your weight-loss diary you're having a good day
:) xx

Aww Katie. Things weren't even that bad. Shredded wheat IS on the healthy B's list, I quote:

35g Nestlé Bitesize shredded wheat.

So you didn't have as many syns as you thought. Besides, syns are really a way of controlling unhealthy things like sweets, butter, pies and cakes. I really wouldn't stress too much about healthy bread!

If it's any consolation, I started exercising on monday (only half an hour per day) but I've already put on 2lb because of it. Unless I have a miraculous loss overnight, I'm due for a gain or a STS.

Stay with me, okay! Keep at it. x
Thanks! It's such a boost to know we're all in it together :553: That's good about the Shredded Wheat, I thought it would be but I couldn't see it anywhere. Hopefully if I'm really good in the next few days I'll loose a bit Thursday. As for your exercise, it's probably muscle. Did you record your measurements? You could be loosing inches :whacky068: Well done for doing some exercise :happy096:

How are you doing? Weigh-in tomorrow?

Also, as an afterthought.. Obviously I don't know your family dynamics, but as your mum has followed SW can she have a word with your dad about your eating plan? I don't doubt that he's adding sauces etc out of kindness, wanting it to taste better etc., but imagine if he had high blood pressure and you kept putting lots of salt in his meals to make them tastier... It's the same thing in different scenarios I think, maybe he just needs to understand the concepts of SW as I don't believe for one minute that he'd want to jeopardise your health, which he is unintentionally (partly) doing by putting you in a position where you are worried about losing motivation and control. X
Yeah that's it, he doesn't realise all the hidden sugars and fat in foods. My mum and I were talking about it and we've decided I just need to make all of my own meals. I know that was an obvious answer, sometimes I'm just lazy and it's easier to have what he cooks and mostly it's healthy. I just had a bad day of it yesterday, I was tired, unmotivated and busy so didn't have the time to really plan or make anything for myself.

Still today is a new day!

xx

Hello!

Food diary
Breakfast:
two plums (sf), a Mullerlight and a cuppa with skimmed milk (part of HEA).
Lunch: sandwich - two slices of wholemeal Nimble (HEB), two Laughing Cow Light triangles as spread (3 syns) and some Tesco Lighter Choices crumbed ham (syn free); an apple (sf), a Mullerlight and some Walker's Squares (5.5 syns) and water.
Mid-afternoon: cuppa with skimmed milk (part of HEA).
Dinner will be: SW chips cooked in the oven in Fry Light, fried (in Fry Light) eggs and beans, some superfree fruit and water.

I'll snack of fruit and Mullerlight later. Mullerlights are the saviour!

Syns: 8.5

How's everyone else? xxx

Hello!

Another good day today! I had two achievements. I did a presentation today and I felt really good after doing it because I was a bit nervous before. So we were going for lunch and I'd brought in my own but really fancied some crisps. I was on the way to the machine to get some and the machine was out of order. So we were going to the coffee shop to get some from there when I thought, 'No I won't have any, I'm not going to spoil a perfectly good day by having loads of syns!' and that was that. Then later on we all went to the pub to celebrate as it was also one of the girls' birthday. I had a Bulmer's Red Berry Crush Cider which in the hot weather went down a treat. I so wanted more but a. I'd had enough syns, b. I didn't really have enough money and c. I needed to drive home. I wasn't too tempted but still. I went and got a diet coke and still had a great time chatting to everyone. I overcome one of my downfalls #

Food diary
Breakfast:
Shredded Wheat Bite-size 35g (HEB) and skimmed milk (part of HEA).
Mid-morning: orange (sf), a Mullerlight and a cuppa made with ? milk (part of HEA?).
Lunch: same sandwich as yesterday (5 syns), apple (sf), orange (sf) and Mullerlight.
Drink at pub: Bulmer's Crushed Red Berries Cider (can't find the syn value) and a diet coke (0 syns).
Dinner: SW spaghetti carbonara (0 syns).

I had lots of water too.

Syns: 5+.

As I started writing my food diary I realised I hadn't been as good as previously thought. I forgot that I needed to syn my bread for lunch as I'd already had my HEB for brekkie! :sign0007: Never mind :sigh:

Hope everyone else is ok! xx

Oh dear! I just looked in my book and it's 12.5 syns for a bottle of Bulmer's Original! Not sure if the Crushed Red Berries one is anymore, I hope not!

Syns: 18
:eek:

Wish I could add up!

**Syns for today updated: 17.5
:eek:

Good luck with your WI tonight Katie, hope you do better than I did x

I lost 3 pounds! :bliss: I wasn't expecting much this time as I made a few mistakes this week so I was happy with that :)

Good luck with your WI tonight Katie, hope you do better than I did x

RWS you did well and you're so committed to it, it inspires me to be good
:gen126: Thank you for your support :thankyou:

Good day today, I was a lazy student and had a great lie-in, then chilled pretty much all day. Helped make tea and went to the SW meeting.

Food diary
Breakfast (at around 12 midday!):
scrambled egg with bacon bits and spaghetti hoops and a cuppa with skimmed milk (part of HEA).
Dinner:
SW chicken Kiev, chips and beans.
Post weigh-in: I don't even want to tell anyone
:ignore:Snack-a-Jacks and Mistrels and lots of rose wine :party0051::party0036:

Having a treat tonight and then right back to it tomorrow. I really admire people who stick to it 100% of the time but I like to have my treats. It helps me stick to it all week long knowing that I can have a treat after weigh-in on a Thursday.

We tried making healthy SW Kievs tonight, they were ok, the recipe says put tarragon in the filling which mum and I thought was a bit to strong. The recipe is basically:

For the filling: quark, flat leaved parsley, crushed garlic, chopped up spring onions and tarragon all mixed together and wrapped in cling film in a sausage shape and chilled in the fridge.

Then you get chicken breasts, cut a little pocket in them, hammer them with a mallet to squash them a bit. Then you insert the filling after it's chilled for a bit. Dip the chicken breasts in egg then wholemeal breadcrumbs (really coat them), spray with Fry Light and cook in the oven. The only syns come from the bread, unless you use your HEB allowance, I used Nimble and it worked well
:checkmark green:

I think next time we're gonna leave out the tarragon and whiz the garlic, spring onions, parsley and quark in the food processor so it's a better paste.

Anyways I'll stop rabbiting on, how's everyone else? xx

Forgot to say I got Slimmer of the Week too :D xxx

Sow.jpg

​Thank you! x

Right! Just a quick one as I won't be able to post later. Going to my friends for a BBQ and drinks :party0036:

Food diary
Breakfast:
lean bacon, fried eggs (in Fry Light), canned plum tomatoes (sf), toast (HEB) spread with Laughing Cow Light triangles (3 syns) and a cuppa with skimmed milk (part of HEA).
Just now: a banana and a can of Coke Zero.
Later: I'm going to my friends and having BBQ (not a good BBQ) and alcohol
:7834: But I'm straight back on tomorrow. Gonna enjoy tonight but not let it spoil the rest of the week.

Hope everyone else is ok, will be back tomorrow
:character00148: xxxxx

Good afternoon! :wavey:

How is everyone?

Well........I was naughty last night. I planned to be and I was. Facing up to it now: I had some Pringles, a hot dog (bread included), a burger (bread included), a BBQ rib, the skin off a BBQ chicken thigh, a low fat chocolate mousse, some Cool Original Doritos and lots of rose wine! Oh dear! Then I had some peanut butter on toast this morning but it was brown toast (HEB) and I can syn the peanut butter. I also had a cuppa this morning and it was only a dash of milk (half a syn?). I didn't write what I had to rub anyone's face in it, I wrote it to record it and face up to it.

When I got home I had a banana (free food) and some Pepsi Max (syn free) and then just now a cuppa with skimmed milk (part of HEA) and some cherries (sf) and strawberries (sf) with vanilla Mullerlight on top (yum!). I've drawn a line under my naughties, I might be punished for them Thursday but as long as I'm good for the majority I think I'll be ok.

Gonna have fajitas for tea ('Ah!' I hear you say, 'She's still being naughty!') I'm gonna coat the chicken in some fajita spices (syn free) and Fry Light and fry it up with onions. Then I'll see if I can get some big lettuce leaves and make them the replacement for the fajita wraps
;) I saw that tip in a SW mag I think. All about tricking the mind :psiholog: Then the lettuce can be my super free with some cucumber as well. Then later I'll just have some kind of free and super free foods for snacks.

Hope everyone else is ok xxxxx

Hey!

I now have yet another incentive to loose some weight!
Thanet-20120602-00152.jpg
It's an XXL from Henry Lloyd Woman (never been there before and had never heard of it!) which apparently is an 18. It's too small for me at present, I can get it on but not do it up and it's tight on my arms. So I've hung it up on show so I can keep looking at it and motivating myself to carry on :vibes: I love it though, the picture doesn't do it justice, it's my favourite colour as well :D

I had a bit of a change of plan for dinner, I'm really tired today and fancied something carb-ladened and saw noodles on Come Dine With Me. So I threw together something including noodles. I fried some lean chicken breast in Tandoori mix spice powder and then when the noodles were cooked I threw them in with some light soy sauce and cooked it all together for a minute or two. It filled a hole, could have done with more noodles and some veg to bulk it out but for something taking 15 minutes it was good. I ate a pear after as well to make sure I was getting some sort of a super free in. I also ate some Velvet Crunch crisps, I was craving stuff. I think I'm gonna be dangerous tonight, need to lock myself in my bedroom methinks!
:giggle:

Lots of love
:bighug:

Good evening :D

Had a nice day watching the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant with my mum. Dad was in a right mood which spoilt it a bit. We were happily watching it and he was out. Then he came home and made me move from where I was sitting because it's 'his seat' and then he pipes up, 'Do you want to watch this?'

Well of course we do or else we'd have put something else on! In the end we went in the other room and watched it. I can't wait until next weekend because he and my older little brother are going away and my aunties and friends are coming to visit. We get a break from the horrible men
:girlpower:

Food wise I've been very good:

Food diary
Breakfast:
lean bacon and fried egg sandwich (HEB and 3 syns for two Laughing Cow Light cheese triangles) and a cuppa (part of HEA).
Lunch/afternoon snack: cherries, Mullerlight and Walkers Squares (5.5 syns).
Dinner: roast chicken breast (no skin), roast new potatoes, carrots, broccoli and chicken stock (as gravy).

Been drinking lots of water, I should have had a superfree with breakfast but I didn't fancy any
:(

Problem is I'm now feeling like eating some naughty things
:gen147::eat::eatdrink051:

Hope you're all ok xx

You're so creative with your meals sometimes, I'm gonna have to get some of those chicken spice thingies!

And a big GRRR for cantankerous men! Xx

Hello :talk017:

Sorry I didn't post yesterday! I started my placement and was working a late so didn't finish until 8pm. Placement has been ok, I feel like a spare part at the moment but it's always the same when I start a new placement. Felt a bit better today and it'll get better and better. I think I'm gonna like it there as well. Problem is I'm knackered and knackered-ness = craving for naughty food! I just ate some chocolate and I'd already had my quota for syns
:party0051: Yesterday after placement I came home and there was food left over from the BBQ. It wasn't SW friendly food..............and I ate some as well as some chocolate, two large glasses of wine and some Walker's Squares :ashamed0005: During the day I'm good, and then I go and spoil it all :devilangel:

Food diary for today
Breakfast: 35g Shredded Wheat Bite-size with skimmed milk (part of HEA).
Break: an apple, a Mullerlight, a sandwich made with two slices Nimble wholemeal (5 syns), 2 Laughing Cow Light cheese triangles as spread (3 syns) and some Tesco Lighter Choices sandwich chicken (? syns) and some Walker's Squares (5.5 syns).
When I got home from placement: I was starving so I made scrambled egg with bacon bits and a nice big cuppa with skimmed milk (part of HEA).
Dinner: I really wasn't feeling it
:sigh: I had lamb steak, potatoes fried (in Fry Light) with onions and bacon and green beans and broccoli. I didn't eat much of it, hardly any of the veg.

I was a bit naughty and had a few squares of chocolate as well
:sigh: (5 syns?). And I also had a few cups of tea at placement made with whole milk and didn't count the syns (I don't particularly like whole milk but that's all they had and I'm not prepared enough to take my own!) I'm just being so crap today :break_diet: Really unenthusiastic.

Syns: 15.5+.

Thanks for the comments guys, RWS I had a look at your diary and you're doing so good! Jeszee do you have a weight loss diary? I'll have a look now
:character00148:

Here's to a better day tomorrow! Need to slap myself around the face and stop moping!
:slap:

How's everyone else? xxxx

Bonjour!

How is everyone?

Had a good-ish day today:

Food Diary
Breakfast:
35g Shredded Wheat (5 syns?) with skimmed milk (2 syns?) and sugar (1 syn?) because I thought we didn't have sweetener but mum just informed me we have
:doh:
Break: 5 Ryvita Multigrain (HEB and 4 syns), 5 Laughing Cow cheese triangle (LCCT, HEA), canned tuna in brine and cucumber and some Walker's Squares (5.5 syns).
When I came home: SW scones, lean ham and Mullerlight and a big cuppa with skimmed milk (1 syn?).
Dinner will be: SW friendly cottage pie and veg (not sure what yet) and probably a bit of stock as gravy.

Syns: 18.5? Ok so that's not good
:sign0007:

Well......I've been a mess this week! I can't see me loosing anything tomorrow
:boohoo:;) I'll be lucky if I stay the same. I need to eat a lot of superfree fruit tomorrow and drink a load of water. If I can stay the same I'll be happy. I think because I was bad on Friday night I haven't been able to get back into it. Stupid really, I could have got my half a stone award if I'd have tried. My only saving grace might be the fact I've been on placement and the work can be physical so I may have worked some the the cheats off. We'll see!

Got to be super good next week
:innocent0002:

Lots of
:heartpump: xxx

Last edited:
Back