Hello :)

Have just been looking over my food diary and I think I've got the hang of what to put on my plate but only the scales will tell! Thanks for the positive vibes, I'll share the news tomorrow :)

Have just been looking over my food diary and I think I've got the hang of what to put on my plate but only the scales will tell! Thanks for the positive vibes, I'll share the news tomorrow :)

:vibes::vibes::vibes: from us to you wonderfish xxx

Right then guys, Can I pick your brains... I've got a family get together at the weekend, there will be a huge buffet, cakes, alcohol and syns galore!! I'm planning on taking a few buffet bits for me so I can still feel like I'm joining in but not syn..What can I take... So far I'm thinking those pitta bread pizzas(a+b) and a potato salad.

I'm going out in the evening so want to have as little syns as possible during the day.. Any ideas?

xx

Chicken, watercress & orange salad

4x skinless chicken breasts
Watercress
Radishes finly sliced
4 spring onions
3 oranges peel & pith removed & cut into segments

Dressing

3 tbsp of flat leaf parsley
2 tbsp chopped dill
2 tsp mustard powder
7oz/198g very low fat yogurt

Season and grill chicken using fry light
Cut into bite size pieces when cooked leave to cool
Put dressing ingredients in a food processor and blend till smooth

Mix salad and pour over dressing

Free original & EE 7.5 syns green
:D

Last edited:
Right then guys, Can I pick your brains... I've got a family get together at the weekend, there will be a huge buffet, cakes, alcohol and syns galore!! I'm planning on taking a few buffet bits for me so I can still feel like I'm joining in but not syn..What can I take... So far I'm thinking those pitta bread pizzas(a+b) and a potato salad.

I'm going out in the evening so want to have as little syns as possible during the day.. Any ideas?

xx

Well to start feed yourself well during the day without using syns or Hex's, then take maybe a salad bowl, you could add cold meats, chicken, boiled egg, syn free dressing, pasta salad/couscous, grated cheese (hexA), pitta or bread roll (hexB). Do you like kebabs, I found a great recipe for kebab syn-free, I add nando's chilli sauce (it's virtually syn free), you could have it in a pitta or on a salad plate. Drink syn-free drinks. Dessert, make a bowl of sugar free jelly(Hartley's, Sugar Free Jelly Crystals, all varieties, dried, 11.5g sachet 1.5 syns)

Dessert, make a bowl of sugar free jelly(Hartley's, Sugar Free Jelly Crystals, all varieties, dried, 11.5g sachet 1.5 syns) & add fruit salad & muller lite vanilla yogurt with choc sprinkles (free), if you want more choc add Cadbury, Flake, 14g treat size for 4syns :)

[h=5]Girls here's that kebab recipe, I use it sometimes for lunch or dinner and the meat freezes well

Fake-away doner kebab
Ingredients:

1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g extra-lean beef mince
Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F

In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

Add the mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.

Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray. I use a silicone loaf tin.

Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes ( mine only took 1 hr so keep eye on it), turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.

Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, salad and sauces!!!

Syn free chilli sauce - 1 tin of tomatoes - i onion chopped finely - salt pepper and chilli flakes - 1 clove garlic - pan fry the onion and garlic then add tomatoes with as much spices you like and let simmer for 20 mins and blend in blender.

Garlic Mayo - 2 teaspoons of free fat natural yogurt mixed with 2 teaspoons of extra light mayo ( 2 syns) mix with 2 crushed cloves of garlic small bit black pepper for taste.[/h]

This was on the Pete's recipe thread yesterday, looks lovely.......

Pete’s Mexican Rice Salad(2013)

(based on a SW recipe)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Red pepper, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Red chilli, finely chopped & deseeded (s) (sff)
1 Lime, zested & juiced (ss) (ff)
1 tbsp. Mexican seasoning (Tesco)
3 Spring onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
100g Wild rice (ff)
200g Black eyed beans, washed & drained (ff)
200g Red kidney beans, washed & drained (ff)
S & P

Method

Cook the rice as per the packet instruction, drain then cool in cold water, drain again & chill.
In a large glass bowl mix the ingredients together, including the rice, season then cover, place in the fridge until mealtime.

99871d1374034893-petes-recipe-book-mexican-salad-small-.jpg

Thank you for the suggestions, kebab sounds yummy! Will do that regardless of taking it Sunday I think!

How has everyone's day been?

Kebab is fab Milky.

Finding it very hard foodwise this week, tis the week before star week, where common sense goes out the window & I can't keep away from chocolate. Doesn't help that I've been spending the week with my Mrs. Doyle friend, "go on go on go on", is her catchphrase, bad influence, hee hee.

It's a pain having friends like that! :D

When I joined sw again my dad had joined a few months before and asked if I wanted to stay for dinner and I agreed thinking it would be sw friendly...he gave me oven chips and half a Chicago town microwave pizza....:eek:

It's a pain having friends like that! :D

When I joined sw again my dad had joined a few months before and asked if I wanted to stay for dinner and I agreed thinking it would be sw friendly...he gave me oven chips and half a Chicago town microwave pizza....:eek:

Ha ha my dad be the same, "but it's your favourite" :D

lol, He was adamant the chips were still free as they were done in the oven, and kept saying 'so you're telling me *points* that pizza is going to make you gain weight??!!! You're being ridiculous'...BUT ITS NOT SYN FREEEEEEEEEEEEE.... Except I ate it. smile and nod, smile and nod!

He's old bless him. I just let him get on with it now its much easier!!

lol, He was adamant the chips were still free as they were done in the oven, and kept saying 'so you're telling me *points* that pizza is going to make you gain weight??!!! You're being ridiculous'...BUT ITS NOT SYN FREEEEEEEEEEEEE.... Except I ate it. smile and nod, smile and nod!

He's old bless him. I just let him get on with it now its much easier!!

Ah God love him, SW is a hard concept for family members :)

Morning Ladies,

I'm off out for the day so taking a picnic, so less chance of eating rubbish :) Hope y'all have a lovely!!

Sijack you must be enjoying your holidays, hope you're having lovely leisurely lie-ins!

:vibes::vibes::vibes: from us to you wonderfish xxx

Well the vibes worked guys, I lost 6lb! I can't believe it, I feel so inspired. I've even just been shopping and even tho I was starving walked straight past KFC and Burger King and wasn't even tempted!

I did buy shoes tho :) hehehe

Well the vibes worked guys, I lost 6lb! I can't believe it, I feel so inspired. I've even just been shopping and even tho I was starving walked straight past KFC and Burger King and wasn't even tempted!

OMG Wonderfish that's absolutely brilliant you must be thrilled with yourself.

You can be all smug in your new shoes now having resisted the demons of fast-food ?

Well done thats fantastic! Great first week! You deserve the shoes! X

Back