Help - advice needed please

Susienoz

I have started this diet today and want to make some muffins. The recipe states to use wheat bran but I could not find this in my local Tesco. Would it be the same as bulgur wheat if not could I use this as a replacement?

No afraid not.... it's completely different. More like a rougher oatbran. You can get it in some tescos but I get mine from Holland and Barratt.
Also you need to wait until cruise for the muffins as wheatbran is a tolerated item which isn't allowed on attack.
Hope it's going ok... I'm a restarter today after losing a stone and a half on dukan last year :)

Thanks so much for your advice. Will have to wait until I get wheat bran then :( I just bought the new complete Dukan cookbook which advises me that the muffins are acceptible on Attack. Well done on losing your stone xx

Welcome and yes you can have the muffins in attack with your oatbran allowance, then in cruise add wheat bran as a tollerated and it also helps for transit issuesssssss

I have never used wheat ran in my muffins, and they are fine with just the oat ran. In fact the ones I made yesterday I added mixed spice to to make them a bit Christmasy!

anne like the sound of them xxx

Loads of recipes for muffins and some of them only use oat bran. You can substitute some of the oat bran for wheat bran once allowed it. I've had it since day 1 cruise as the book said we can and I didn't want to risk constipation with me also being on iron tablets.

I've never used wheatbran and always managed the muffins fine, although I make porridge now! X

Sorry if I sound a little dull but if the recipe says for example 1 and half tablesponns of oatbran and 1 and half tablespoons of wheat bran - do I just use 3 tablespoons of oat bran instead or still the 1 and a half. Hope this question makes sense??
Day 1 went very easy yesterday - Hope today goes just as well :)

if youre on attack you can only have 1 1/2 tablespoons Oat bran a day. if you use 3 you should eat them over 2 days.
I started eating muffins in cruise and have lost 2 and a half stone now! My suggestion is to look for as many recipes as possible and try different things.
Good Luck
Caz

Back