Help and advice for a newbie please

Cooldude89

Hi. I'm completly new to this Exante diet, don't know a lot about it but I can say I've heard good things about it. I'm looking to lose about 2 stone with the shakes and bars. I've been trying all the eat healthy options but I just cant stick it. I go to the gym when I can but I work so many hours I don't get a chance sometimes. Any tips/advice etc would be a big help. Just a few questions I have;

I've heard after a few days you don't actually feel hungry? Is this true?

Is there a limit on the amount of water I can drink?

Can I smoke?

When I'm in full swing and my body is burning fat... Is it dangerous to just suddenly come out of the diet? For example if I finish the month could I go out for a breakfast the next day?

Is there any major side effects... It wouldn't effect my driving or operating machines would it?

Can't think of any more questions off the top of my head, but any advice or tips I would be very grateful for. Just a month with no food seems a big challenge!

Thanks in advance
:)

Wow lot's of questions lol. I don't do exante but if it is the one you have to go to a pharmacist for they can answer your questions. I do all about w8 which is similar and can tell you about that.
Most people don't feel hungry after the first few days because you go into ketosis (unfortunately I feel hungry all of the time!)
You should drink at least 3 litres of water spread out over the day. It is dangerous to take it all at once.
I don't think it's dangerous to suddenly stop and eat normally, but you will immediately put on a few lb so bad for motivation. Better to come of gradually in a refeed.
Smoking won't really affect your diet - but STOP anyway lol!!!!
You can drive, but you may feel a bit lightheaded/dizzy in the first few days. You may have a headache and lethargic. You may feel shivery - flu symptoms. It's not the same for everyone - but it goes away after the first few days in any case. You may get bad breath (ketosis breath)
As for tips, organise your day with as much structure as you can. Keep busy in between packs and hot drinks. Sip water all the time. I have meal packs at 4 hourly intervals and halfway between have a hot tea or coffee.
Take care and enjoy watching the lbs drop off!!!!!

I've heard after a few days you don't actually feel hungry? Is this true? ......... Yes this is true, that's the great thing about VLCD.

Is there a limit on the amount of water I can drink?....... No limit though it's recommended that you have at least two litres to replace the water you aren't getting in food.
Can I smoke?

When I'm in full swing and my body is burning fat... Is it dangerous to just suddenly come out of the diet? For example if I finish the month could I go out for a breakfast the next day? ..............Not dangerous but it you read up on Exante it's essential you go through a refeeding stage otherwise that two stone will be back on before you know it. Why do all that good work and then go back to old habits.

Is there any major side effects... It wouldn't effect my driving or operating machines would it?......... Only in the first few rays you might feel a bit achy and headache. It's not that bad, some people get it worse than others. It's helpful to curb your carbs before you start VLCD and you will do ok. After the first few days you will feel fab.

Can't think of any more questions off the top of my head, but any advice or tips I would be very grateful for. Just a month with no food seems a big challenge! ....... Think of it as a small chunk of your life. Check your BMI is actually high enough to do the Exante shake diet too as if you are only two stone up it might be better you try the working solution method where you cam eat certain foods too. Otherwise just take each day as it comes you will do just fine.

Back