Help and support needed to shift 6 st

XxAlixX13

Hello all im Ali

Im new here and think that this is going to be the best place for me to get help, support and advice in me losing 6st i havent got a clue on what is the best diet for me to do, so i hope that some of you can point me in the right direction. I need a diet where my shopping doesnt change over much due to me having 4 kids ( 2 of which are disabled) for i dont really have time to be cooking differant meals for everyone. I normally only eat once a day and that is a tea time when i feed the kids ( i normally have about the same amount as the kids) gyms and that sort of thing is also a no due to distance and time. I walk up to school and back down about 3 times a day its about half a mile up hill going n down comming back this takes me about 20 mins.

this is what i have had today- so please tell me what i need to do or where im going wrong

half of a baked fish in batter, 50 chips, 3 spoons of baked beans
4 cups of coffee- white 2 sugars
can of coke.

Hi :) I wish you all the best on your journey - I am doing just healthy eating and upping the exercise. This is what works for me - there are so many different kinds of diets - and i think it depends on your individual needs :) Also - and please dont take offence - 1 meal a day probably isnt appropriate for weight loss... you really need to have 3 meals, or 5 regular sized meals. otherwise your body may go into "starving mode" and hang onto the weight.
There is also the swap it diet - So instead of white bread - wholegrain bread, coke - coke zero, sugar - sweetners... Just choosing the healthier options - my OH and pups still have the "pre lifestyle change" foods, but I find I have added alot more veggies to their diet :)

All the best :) xxx

thanks for that, this morning is the first time in 15yr iv had some breakfast lol. i have started the day off with a bowl of cornflakes

Hi Ali

I'm following the Slimming World diet, though not currently member of any club. I think it's a good diet as it's varied and healthy with room to treat yourself. A good breakfast is a great way to start. I usually have a banana (not too ripe) then a slice of toast with a scraping of marg (2 tsp's) and scrambled egg (no oil) and if really hungry grilled tomatoes and baked beans too. That sets me up. I have noticed having a proper breakfast means I'm less likely to feel hungry in the evening. I have crudités on hand, peppers, cucumber, carrot and celery, radishes. Mugshots Tomato and Herb are excellent if you need a hot savoury snack. Watch out for the hidden calories and sugar content in the so called diet foods or reduced fat foods. I would say avoid battered anything, if you like fish, bake it or steam it, it doesn't take long. Eat regularly and love food, because that way you're more likely to find pleasure in cooking. Maybe get the kids involved? Drink more water, to keep you hydrated and this will give you more energy, sugary fizzy drinks are loaded with empty calories and bad for your teeth. If you fancy some pop go for the sugar free types.

Good luck with it all, it's difficult at times but doable, I lost 5 stones, after a difficult period in my life I gained 2 stones so back on the diet and have so far lost 10lbs. :)

Hello all im Ali

Im new here and think that this is going to be the best place for me to get help, support and advice in me losing 6st i havent got a clue on what is the best diet for me to do, so i hope that some of you can point me in the right direction. I need a diet where my shopping doesnt change over much due to me having 4 kids ( 2 of which are disabled) for i dont really have time to be cooking differant meals for everyone. I normally only eat once a day and that is a tea time when i feed the kids ( i normally have about the same amount as the kids) gyms and that sort of thing is also a no due to distance and time. I walk up to school and back down about 3 times a day its about half a mile up hill going n down comming back this takes me about 20 mins.

this is what i have had today- so please tell me what i need to do or where im going wrong

half of a baked fish in batter, 50 chips, 3 spoons of baked beans
4 cups of coffee- white 2 sugars
can of coke.

Hi Ali,
With no disrespect but when you are trying to lose weight and a lot of it you simply cant afford to be eating fatty foods. You will not lose FAT, which is what you are trying to lose by eating it! I know this sounds harsh but it has to be. I know maybe its hard due to kids meals etc but think of it as a healthy eating change for the whole family. Your kids will be healthier for it and you will lose fat and be healthier for it. Remember by eating healthier meals not only will you lose fat but you will also be a lot healthier for it. More energy, better immune system, strong heart, healthier bones, skin and teeth etc etc. A lifestyle change not just for weight loss. Fish cooked in batter, chips and coke have a lot of fat in it. These are what you have to cut out of your diet! As a previous poster has stated you also need to eat 3 meals a day. But smaller meals a day. I am a personal trainer and help a lot of people lose weight through diet and exercise. Just because you havent got the time to go to the gym it doesn't stop you exercising, in fact I think exercising away from the gym is better. You quite easily get bored in a gym. Run or walk fast outdoors. Instead walking home from school try fast walk or slow jog or whatever you can at a high capacity. Do some exercising at home when first wake up, before bed etc. Starjumps, squats, sit ups or just shadow boxing - anything that burns calories. Weight loss = amount of calories you consume - amount of calories you expend you need to burn more calories than you intake. Bmr - This is crucial so you dont go into starvation mode. Work out your weight in lbs and times it by your height and that is the amount of calories your body needs before going into starvation mode. Sometimes you times it by an activity i.e 1.2 for sedentary 1.8 for very active but as trying lose weight then just stick to Bmr.

Good Luck Ali!! Keep Motivated and Healthy!

AJEFITNESS

Last edited:
Your diet needs a complete overhaul and AJ is correct in what he / she says

Cornflakes is not the greatest start to the day from a nutritional point of view . Far better would be porridge with a tablespoon of natural yogurt and some fruit.

Don't eat chips or battered fish - sweet potato wedges with baked fresh fish would be far superior from a nutritional view .

Back