Help! anyone got the recipe for sticky pork stir fry

skiddykat

hi, i was going to make a recipe from an old magazine for a sticky pork/ chinese type dish served on a bed of stir fried cabbage, but i've lost the recipe. i don't suppose any of you kind people know it do you?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stir-fried pork with noodles[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] can not find sticky this is 71/2 on green and 10 on red and will serve up to four people[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INGREDIENTS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT]
170g / 6oz egg noodles
1 tbsp groundnut or sesame oil
340g / 12oz lean pork tenderloin, cut into strips
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 spring onions, sliced
1 x 2.5cm / 1in piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
1/2 medium dark green cabbage, shredded
2 tbsps chicken stock made with Bovril
1 tbsp sherry
freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsps soy sauce

1. Cook the egg noodles in plenty of boiling lightly salted water until just tender but not mushy. Drain well in a colander and then set aside while you stir-fry the pork.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or deep frying pan and when it is hot, add the strips of pork and the hoisin sauce. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, until slighlty browned.
3. Add the garlic, spring onions and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute, then tip in the cabbage. Continue stir-frying for 1 minute, then add the soy sauce, chicken stock and sherry. Stir-fry for about 4 minutes, until the cabbage is slightly tender and bright green and the pork is cooked.
4. Just before serving, add the drained egg noodles to the stir-fried pork and vegetables, and heat through in the wok, stirring and tossing gently. Season with lots of freshly ground black pepper, and serve immediately with more soy sauce.

sound delicious but not the one i had in mind. I know there was lime juice and soy sauce but cant remember what else went into the sauce! Its got to be at home somewhere i'll just have to keep looking. Thanks for replying.

It also had runny honey and some water + sesame seeds!!

I don't have the recipe on me but i made it the other day! I had it with spinach instead of cabbage!

Enjoy (although mine didn't turn out too sticky!!)

It was in one of the magazines - I tore it out the other day and added it to the pile of recipes I want to try.

Sticky pork with spring greens

Serves 4

4 x 3 1/2 oz/100g pork fillets
salt and pepper
Frylight
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 level tbsp runny honey
juice of half a lime
a dash of tabasco sauce
1 level tsp sesame seeds
a bunch of spring onions
1 cabbage

Cut the pork into strips and season. Fry in a pan sprayed with Frylight until cooked. Add the soy sauce, honey, lime juice, tabasco, and 4 floz/113 ml water, cook for 2 minutes. Add sesame seeds.

Trim and thinly slice spring onions and cabbage. Spray a frying pan with Frylight and heat up. Stir fry the onions and cabbage for a minute. Pay dry with kitchen paper and sprinkle lightly with salt. Serve with the sticky pork.

Syns - Original 1, Green 1 (add 6 if not using the pork as a healthy extra)

Hope you enjoy it!!

It was in one of the magazines - I tore it out the other day and added it to the pile of recipes I want to try.

Sticky pork with spring greens

Serves 4

4 x 3 1/2 oz/100g pork fillets
salt and pepper
Frylight
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 level tbsp runny honey
juice of half a lime
a dash of tabasco sauce
1 level tsp sesame seeds
a bunch of spring onions
1 cabbage

Cut the pork into strips and season. Fry in a pan sprayed with Frylight until cooked. Add the soy sauce, honey, lime juice, tabasco, and 4 floz/113 ml water, cook for 2 minutes. Add sesame seeds.

Trim and thinly slice spring onions and cabbage. Spray a frying pan with Frylight and heat up. Stir fry the onions and cabbage for a minute. Pay dry with kitchen paper and sprinkle lightly with salt. Serve with the sticky pork.

Syns - Original 1, Green 1 (add 6 if not using the pork as a healthy extra)

Hope you enjoy it!!

OMG that sounds amazing.... am going to have to try this on the weekend. thanks!!!!

Thats it! Fantastic, thankyou all so much , and trust me you really should try it, its delicious. Just simmer the pork in the sauce until it goes sticky, it takes a bit longer than they say.
Thanks again

Back