Help! Breadcrumbs

ellie2409

Hello there, I am new to the dukan diet but not new to the forum unfortunately (not because of you lovely guys but the fact im a previous failed dieter!)

This is day 5 for me on Dukan and I would be really grateful for any input on a couple of questions i have.

1. Crabsticks! I love crabsticks, really get me through the day as i snack on those instead of crisps etc, they are 40% crab and I am having about 10 a day. I have read that some people find it a weightloss staller but others are fine with it? i am concerned with weight loss (around 2-2.5 kg) in 5 days and wondered if this was a bad loss for an attack phase? (i need to lose around 100-120 pounds roughly)

2. Meals! I am not really having 'proper' meals as i really dont have the time, i have two kids who have separate meals to their father so prefer to grab a couple slices of chicken/turkey and or Will this affect weight loss? I wouldnt say i was having a large amount through the day. I also have one fat free greek yoghurt a day.

3. Oat bran! I have only just started taking this today as have just managed to get hold of it! I mixed it with skimmed milk as a sort of porridge (daily limit) is this ok? Also must i have this every day for maximum results?

Lastly, I am having a bit of a panic, I did homemade burgers but am so used to making them that i put about 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs in it! Have I ruined the last 5 days? I am so worried i have ruined it all, was really hard to get the motivation to get past the first 3 days i'd hate for it to be a waste.

Sorry about the large ramble, I am new to this! I do hope that in the future I will be more knowledgeable and can actually offer advice!

x

I would really appreciate any advice thanks x

Drink lots of water, you've not undone anythjbg just don't add them again!

Hey there

I think that crabsticks are limited to no more than 8 a day - but hey if you need something its better than cake isnt it!
You should try and have regular meals - you can snack too but it is healthier - I think it trains the body to be less hungry at other times too!
You MUST have your oatbran daily - 1.5 tbsp on attack and 2 on cruise - you can make this into porridge (my fave) or a bread (second fave) or gallettes (like a bready pancake - good for wraps) or if your pressed for time jsut add to yogurt!
Breadcrumbs - ooops - drink plenty - keep calm and carry on. You wont have "ruined" the whole week but hey I made loadsa more mistakes in my first week :D

Keep calm and carry on - oh and buy the book its really good :D

Hello there, I am new to the dukan diet but not new to the forum unfortunately (not because of you lovely guys but the fact im a previous failed dieter!)

This is day 5 for me on Dukan and I would be really grateful for any input on a couple of questions i have.

1. Crabsticks! I love crabsticks, really get me through the day as i snack on those instead of crisps etc, they are 40% crab and I am having about 10 a day. I have read that some people find it a weightloss staller but others are fine with it? i am concerned with weight loss (around 2-2.5 kg) in 5 days and wondered if this was a bad loss for an attack phase? (i need to lose around 100-120 pounds roughly)

2. Meals! I am not really having 'proper' meals as i really dont have the time, i have two kids who have separate meals to their father so prefer to grab a couple slices of chicken/turkey and or Will this affect weight loss? I wouldnt say i was having a large amount through the day. I also have one fat free greek yoghurt a day.

3. Oat bran! I have only just started taking this today as have just managed to get hold of it! I mixed it with skimmed milk as a sort of porridge (daily limit) is this ok? Also must i have this every day for maximum results?

Lastly, I am having a bit of a panic, I did homemade burgers but am so used to making them that i put about 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs in it! Have I ruined the last 5 days? I am so worried i have ruined it all, was really hard to get the motivation to get past the first 3 days i'd hate for it to be a waste.

Sorry about the large ramble, I am new to this! I do hope that in the future I will be more knowledgeable and can actually offer advice!

x

Hi welcome, crabsticks - it is recommended that we only eat 8 a day, but as for stalling its an individual thing again, all depends on your body. i have 8 a day on at least half the days of the week.

weight loss - I lost 6.8lb in a week and have 80lb to lose in total, what you have said above sounds good to me.

The idea of this diet is to eat till you are full, if that means snacking thru the day for you then so bit it, but make sure it is only the protein on PP days and Protein and veg on PV days. Can't go wrong with that.

oatbran - big YES, its a must. i have it for porridge every single morning. I use part of my allowances for porridge and the other half to make dukan bread during the day, with occasionally muffins instead of the bread.

Don't worry about slip ups, yes the breadcrumbs are a no no, but now you know, you will be fine. On my first day I ate breaded ham.....oops. ignore the mistake and go forward, you will be fine. There will always be blips in our diets, so long as you don't lose control completely you'll be ok

jellie has the right idea, buy the book. The Works has it on offer at the moment, theres a link on teh main page....or get it out of the library.

Make sure you have your fluids every day.

Hi there, thank you all so much! You have really put my mind at ease. I made sure i had 2 litres today and yes i definately know not to do it again! Well done on the 6.8lb loss thats great, i would love to be around that mark weightloss wise for the first week. I bought the book from the app store and i look at it every day! I couldnt believe when (after having eaten the lot) realised i had put breadcrumbs in!!

Thank you again and good luck with the rest of journeys should you still be going! xx

3 lb :(

Well, I was going to end my attack phase today, but considering i have only lost 3 lbs i think i will carry on. this is an poor loss for such a big person! I guess it must have been the crabstick/oatbran/water problem. Just have to try again. feeling really demotivated right now :(

Hey Ellie

Three pounds off is much better than three pounds on, darling! Softly, softly catchy monkey :D

I honestly wouldn't continue attack, love, move into Cruise and enjoy your journey.

P x

Ditto pauline, move to cruise, the bit of veg you have every other day are not going to make a huge differnce, but they do give us variation.

Sure that the few issues you had in attack stalled your weight loss a bit - sounds to me like you didn't eat enough in total!!! FILL your boots with as much pure protein as you can whole chickens are regularly consumed but us Dukan gals!!! Avoid packed ham/ turkey/ meat and crabsticks and defo have your oat bran!!! I was a big gal when I started and found this diet so easy once I was in the swing of it but other than attack for me I lost weight at approx the same rate I would on any other diet but the difference was that I didn't cheat once - just didn't have the urge to break it!!! Wish I had held onto that thought in Consolidation!!!! But onwards and downwards again!!! Good luck and stick with it!

Back