help...Cant go

I take phsylium husk capsules which i get from Holland & Barrett. They are just pure fibre and definitley help keep me going.
If you are blocked up now and need urgent relief you might have to take a laxative. Not sure which ones the best but i'm sure someone else here could help you with which brand to use.

Hope you have some success soon!!!

Hi all i know somewhere on here is the ideas for fibre but what can i take to get me going again???

Dulcolax pearls suit many people, effective and quite gentle. Dulcolease is a laxative and stool softener which you might need too. It's better to prevent rather than treat constipation if you can by adding fibre in some form. See the recent fibre thread

Both of these drugs are over the counter in chemists and supermarkets, so you can buy without speaking to anyone if you don't want to. If you have any other medical conditions ask the pharmacist for advice.

GSQ

Hi
I like the flax seed idea. Does it alter the taste of the shakes?
Mere x

No not really, it doesnt taste unpleasant but does add a little "gritiness" but i guess without that it wouldnt have lots of fibre!

Thanks for that. I will try to get some flax seed on Monday when I get back home.
Mere x

Hi
Couldn't get flax seed in Glasgow so ended up with Alovera colon cleanse which I was assured would not knock me out of ketosis or ruin my diet. Will take one tonight.
Mere x

Exante's reply for anyone interested

We would not recommend this as it contains a lot of calories.

Ensuring you are well hydrated is important, some people suggest that the sipping of warm water can be helpful and comforting, also Coffee has a laxative effect.

Also additional fibre can be added to the diet by using our drinks mix's as these contain inulin, a natural source of soluble fibre.

You may use a laxative if required use something you've tried in the past or discuss what may be most suitable with their pharmacist. Where possible avoid preparations which contain sugar.

Laxatives should not be taken regularly; If the problem persists or the client is concerned you should consult your GP.

Last time I did a vlcd I took Dulcolax, which worked great, but I ended up needing 6 a day for about 3 days for them to work once and it took me months to wean myself off them.
I have bought benefiber this time and 2 teaspoons is 16 cals...quite high really BUT it seems to be working so I'm staying off the dulcolax if at all possible.

Back