HELP day 2 LT and finding it hard

Hello everyone:)
I am new to the site and have just started LT and am on my second day. I need to loose lots of weight quickly to have fertility treatment in the next few months.
I have had vanilla shakes so far and they taste like play dough :( Does it get better?
I am seeing food everywhere and have cravings for pickled onions.....
Any advice please!

I've never done LT so can't comment on the taste of the shakes but am VERY familiar with VLCDs

It't tough for the first couple of days so try to distract yourself. Watch a DVD, have a soak in the bath, go for a walk

You can do this - you have such a wonderful carrot dangling in front of you

Good luck

xxx

I used to go for loooooonnnnnnngggggg walks with my dog or on my own (know its a bit cold at the mo) or reading a book just distract yourself with anything! It does get sooo much easier the 1st few days are horrid but after that its plain sailing !!! Try a scoop of coffee in ya vanilla shake its lush xxxx

I am new to the site and have just started LT and am on my second day. I need to loose lots of weight quickly to have fertility treatment in the next few months.
I have had vanilla shakes so far and they taste like play dough :( Does it get better?
Any advice please!

:welcome2:

You have done well to get to day 2...just hang in there as you will be in ketosis in about another day and it will get much easier from then on...

To keep busy, some other ideas... take some before photos, body measurements, set goals, long and short term and do a mood board where you can pin all your hopes and dreams on to provide inspiration:)

You could set up a weight tracker as well.
http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

Guide to finding your way around, just click on the link below.

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-minis-guided-tour-minimins.html

Love Mini xxx

Some have said that they can't stand the shakes and that they taste manky, but after a while on LT, you eventually get used to them, you may even start liking them.

I would recommend tou drink the chocolate shakes, they taste so much more like real chocolate milk and fills you up more than the others.

its my second day too :) but its true that after around the 3rd day you start feeling much better (ive been on it once before so i know) i love putting a sweetener tablet in my shakes, i honestly do think it tastes more or less like normal milkshakes aftert that! x

You can have your shakes hot or cold. The only way I can stomach my shakes is having them very cold. I only have vanilla which I make up with a pint of black coffee, sometimes I add ice. My sister has strawberry, chocolate, strawberry! Good luck and welcome!:)XX

I hated the shakes at the beginning, even puked a few times, but now I don't mind them at all, i only do the choc one tho, can't face any others.
Stick it out for the first week and then it does get easy, esp. when the weight tumbles off ya. Good luck

Hiya hun, well done ya for reaching day two, it will get easier once ya in ketosis which will be in another day or so. As someone else mentioned keep yourself busy and mix your shakes with coffee to make lattes or hot mocha, I have tried pepermint tea in the chocolate one and its lush, i think it spices them up a bit which is great.....keep going ya are nearly at the finishing line!!

Any advice please!

Hi there, I'm on day 3 as a restarter. I assure you it does get easier. Make it through to your first weigh-in. What the scales tell you will motivate you like dynamite! Also, try other flavours. My favourite is choc with extra water and sweetener, hmm!

Have to agree with everyone else. I am on day 6 and it has got easier. I still crave food every day and could easily give in sometimes. I've found tho that the longer I am lasting the more will power is developing. Hang in there x

Thanks everyone - am feeling much better today (day 3!).
Even managed to sit it out at a friends new year party surrounded by nibbles, chocolate and beer without touching any. I am amazed I could do that ! I need to get to my weigh in on Monday now.....not to long!

Hi, I am in my third week, lost 17lb and thats coming off for xmas but only for light meals, I am starting strict now with no excuses for food.

The first few days were hell, I hated the shakes (still dont like them) but it go easier, I use them as fuel now rather than look forward to them. They are not meant to be liked but tollerated and not be moreish. I would not reccomend the bars they are disgusting.

Just make sure you use very cold water and you mix well as lumps are revolting to find. It is worth it you will see the weight drop off but it is hard and you have to keep your motivation high and remember why you are doing it. Once you get on the scales after the first week its such a high.

hi and welcome to LT keep focused on your goal come on here when you feel you might be struggling we are here to support and advise use us when needed you can do this
all the best

xx Sharron

You CAN do it!!
And it really does get easier, just dont give into temptation!

Last night i was drooling at the thought of having some nuts that were in my cupboard, but i talked my self out of it and my gosh did i feel great this morning for not having a munch.

Seriously, when u get into ketosis the time will just fly by!

Back