HELP! Dinner Meeting at restaurant!

thatsnotmyname

OK I have to go to this and since it's going into my time for my 2nd pack for the day I need some (cheap) and cheerful options for a low carb meal that's not going to make me look like a starving, fad dieter! I've not told anyone I'm on Exante and I don't plan to divulge such information!

Really need advice! Has anyone been to places like pizza express, wagamamas....nicer chain restaurants recently while on Exante?

Thanks xx

TNMN :D

Best bet is a dry salad where ever you go. Avoid veggies such as carrot, peas, corn and of those carby ones. Fish is a good choice. I often got a
salad nicosia and skipped the potatoes.

Also have your exante product of choice before the meeting, so you aren't so hungery that you eat things you will regret.

Tam Xx

Why do you 'have to go to it'?

Even if you are dragged in there kicking and screaming, there's nobody forcing you to eat, I hope. Just order a glass of water or, if they sell it, a Cola Zero. Then just sit there and enjoy life whilst the others eat. It's allowed. This will not be the first time this happens in the coming months, and you can't just start eating every time it does. You'll be faced with social situations you have to deal with continuously and if you're to remain properly on a VLCD, dealing with them is exactly what you'll have to do. If you find that prospect too tough (and it IS tough), then you're probably best looking at a more conventional, calorie-counting-type diet.

By sticking 100% on the VLCD, you'll remain on a very low calorie diet, won't "get knocked out of ketosis," (whatever that means), you'll lose weight a little faster and you'll wake up tomorrow morning much less likely to think: "Oh well, I cheated last night so I may as well have that fry-up this morning now."

laughingbean said:
Why do you 'have to go to it'?

Even if you are dragged in there kicking and screaming, there's nobody forcing you to eat, I hope. Just order a glass of water or, if they sell it, a Cola Zero. Then just sit there and enjoy life whilst the others eat. It's allowed. This will not be the first time this happens in the coming months, and you can't just start eating every time it does. You'll be faced with social situations you have to deal with continuously and if you're to remain properly on a VLCD, dealing with them is exactly what you'll have to do. If you find that prospect too tough (and it IS tough), then you're probably best looking at a more conventional, calorie-counting-type diet.

By sticking 100% on the VLCD, you'll remain on a very low calorie diet, won't "get knocked out of ketosis," (whatever that means), you'll lose weight a little faster and you'll wake up tomorrow morning much less likely to think: "Oh well, I cheated last night so I may as well have that fry-up this morning now."

Totally right. I learnt hard way and now not going to restaurants if I can help it.

As to why I had to go. It was for a client. Long story but I don't always get to choose venues in my line of work and for this one I had to go. Sometimes work and life don't always mix well especially on Exante. ?

I'm a foodie always have been so honestly I did find it bloody horrid sitting there with nowt. So I think until I'm in ketosis fully when hunger isn't an issue so much and I've had time to adapt I'm just going to find ways out of those situations when I can.

It's unrealistic to go to an important meal and not eat anything. If people don't understand the diet (and this is almost a certainty) then they'll ask awkward questions and cast judgement. Besides, learning how to eat healthily now will help you in the future when you are no longer on Exante.

Have a look at the recipes on Exante so you'll know the food that won't delay your ketosis.

Good luck!!

Also- if you're unsure when you're picking the food from the menu, quickly google it on your phone and see what other people have said!

emmakgledhill said:
Also- if you're unsure when you're picking the food from the menu, quickly google it on your phone and see what other people have said!

Yeah I tried found some good options but living in a city with a stupid amount of options often means there's no feedback. I was googling everything! Lol I became obsessed! But I learnt that sometimes it's just easier to simplify!

Next time I'm calling ahead and goi to be all Hollywood with my order! LOL

Back