Help - FEED A COLD

acom

Hi, I am all snotty and feel really coldy!
I feel a need to "feed a cold and starve a fever"
I really fancy a cup of milky coffee with dunking biscuits!
Know it is wrong, the urge is very powerful!:cry:

Oh poor you, cold's are horrible! But, I always find that everything tastes crappy when I'm ill anyway & dairy is notoriously bad for coughs (well, according to Richard & Judy...)! Keep at it, you know it won't really make you feel better anyway.

Hannah

sounds right to me. Dairy is notoriously bad for catarah!!! How about a nice piece of stodgy cake instead !!! tee hee !! I can dream!

I will come hunting for ya if you do ;-)!!!!!!

Have a vanilla shake....mm..yummy (not) in my books, but it might just suffice.

I do hope you are gonna come back and say you have been very good Acom :)

Seriously, though, do hope you are ok and it is only just a cold...not surprised with this blooming horrible weather and no doubt you are having cold shakes too!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep warm, and drink lots of hot drinks (without milk ):) if you need to.

Take care

*sending get well vibes*

Treat yourself to a nice smelling bubblebath and have a nice long soak in the bath & read a book or something with some sparkling water or a nice cup of green tea or coffee to warm you.

I don`t know if you can take cold remedies on this diet??

I hope you feel better soon xXxxx

Hope you feel better soon hunni

I survived the first day of cold, thanks for your support xx
Today I am feeling worse and have had to make my 'signature' fruit cake for a friend - I promised her !!!!!
Thankfully I can't smell it very well and my appetite is NIL.
I really don't want the shakes, I feel slightly sicky, Do I have to eat all three?
My sister had swine flu, we don't live together and I kept away from her as soon as she became ill, but it worries me that I may develop it!
Someone else wondered about if we can have cold remedies on this diet.
Does anyone know?
thanks
xxx

Someone else wondered about if we can have cold remedies on this diet.
Does anyone know?
thanks
xxx

That was me, But I don`t know the answer, Sorry :(

I hope it isn`t SW *hugs*

I would still take the shakes tbh as you need it.

Hope u feel better soon

Xxx

Hi Acom...oh, sorry you are feeling so crappy! I dont know if you can take anything, I doubt it, but then again, if you have swine flu, I think you may need to cross that bridge if you have.

If you are poorly, you may have to take something....but your health is important too.

I will search and see if I come up with anything, esp if it is just a cold.

Keep warm and try and not do anything...just relax and pamper yourself, if you have the energy!

Get well soon hun hope you feel better real quick!

Acom,,,I just tried to search and didnt come up with anything...saw one post that someone had taken some nurofen, but not sure whether it is allowed.

Sorry, hopefully someone else can come help.

Hi Acom,
sorry you are feeling rough, hopefully it is a common cold. You are not meant to take much on this but I have had a back problem for the last number of weeks and started taking neurofen, my decision, didn't ask the chemist, but I was in a lot of pain and couldn't take my usual stronger medicine as you would need a proper diet to cope with them. It didn't affect my weight loss. If you are sick and need something, I would contact the chemist.
Wishing you all the best.
Doirin

I am feeling better today, thanks for you help, I have taken paracetamol and have coped with just that.
xx

Glad ur feeling better x

Just a cold thanks, feeling much better again today
xxx

Back