Total Solution help-getting my head into this...

amy2012

Has anyone else struggled to get going with the diet and needed a few attempts?reading thru the discussions,people seem to really have got to grips with the whole no food thing quite quickly,i'm finding it a bit more difficult. I seem to get so far in the day and then start picking. Don't think i've managed a whole day 100% yet. Feeling rubbish,really need to get this weight off but feeling like a bit of a failure. Any words of wisdom?

I hear you I am exactly the same. I did exante a year or so ago and lost 3 st. Unfortunately I gave up and maintained for some time. Unfortunately I am now at least a stone and a half heavier than I have ever been now as a result of a lot of hellish life getting in the way. If I have no control over a situation I eat myself happier. Well in the short term. I have been trying to restart for weeks sometimes making it a few days most only to lunch. However enough is enough and tomorrow I start a fresh. Keep posting on here and we can spur each other on. Good luck and let gets skinny x

Thanks for your reply,how much would you like to loose ideally? i've got about 3 stone of baby weight to get rid of.it's so difficult. Come on,we can do this! Good luck today :)

Hi
I'm the same, I begin with really good intentions but always end up having something I'm not supposed to.

Not to bad on days I stick to protein but other days I loose the plot completely and eat everything and anything and beat myself up about it. I know I really don't want it or need it but.....

On the plus side although I ate chicken as well as exante in my first week l lost 7lbs

Good luck with it Amy, hopefully you'll get your head round it at least the weight comes off fast.

Last edited:
Well I was up all night with my kids both have a bad cold and temperature so ended up eating today mainly to survive. So back to work tomorrow and 100% on plan. Hope your day went better than mine x

The protein sounds like a good plan. I do the same,really good intentions then slowly descends into am eating frenzy! Some days I think 'why have I spent money on all these shakes'. Haven't been able to follow the plan today as we've had a big family day and not wanted the hassle of explaining to everyone.anyway,starting tomorrow,got 2 full wks ahead without any potential interruptions so gonna try and go for it. Good luck everyone. Ps totally empathise with the sleepless nights with children,it's the worst for weight gain!

Hi Amy, another sleepless night but no more excuses I have had my first shake. Hot choc with coffee. I have coke Zero in the car so all set for a caffeine full day to keep me going. I don't have a lunch at work because I find I am starving at night so will have another hot choc when I get home and a bar about 8.30pm. I need to loose 5 st to get to a healthy weight( sorry for not answering earlier) lack of sleep is seriously messing with my head lol. Well good luck for today I hope my boss is kind to me today as I may fall asleep if I sit still for to long lol. Let me no how you get on I no we can crack it this week x

Sorry you had another bad night,how old are your children? Managed to get to this evening and done ok today. Shake for breakfast and dinner and a bar for lunch. I did nibble a few pieces of cooked chicken because I was STARVING at about 3 but I guess thats not too bad as its protein. Hope the rest of your day's gone ok.

Well done on making it through the day. I am 100% today as I stumbled last night. However, feeling a bit more in the right head space today. My kids are 3 and 6 still a bit under the weather but getting better I hope. What about yours how old are they?

My little girl is 21 months,fighting a cold so had a bad night last night. Needless to say haven't made it 100% today,had soup for dinner but was at least a low eat one. I'm finding the bars really hard to stomach,too sickly with sweetner-do you find that? Am considering putting them on ebay,i bought loads! Oh dear :-( had a peek at the scales today and was 3lbs down at 14 stone 3 so aiming to get in the 13's asap. Hope you've had a good day,glad you're getting your head a bit more into it. Hard work with little people to look after :)

You did do well yesterday and that's a great loss so far. Totally agree it is so hard with we ones. I would love to be in the 14's I am currently 15st 5lbs can't believe I have let it get do far out of control. Unfortunately, if I cheat is normally with vast amounts of sweet rubbish which I barely taste. I have become an all or nothing type with food so I admire your will power. Made it through day one it was really hard trying to convince myself not to go made. However, I am now day 2 and by fri I hope to be in ketosis as the first weekend is always the hardest. Good luck for today we can do this!!!

Hey don't beat yourself up,i am exactly the same...all or nothing and when it's all,that means bingeing.I was 15 stone 8 last year after I had my daughter so I totally understand. You'll get there :)

Thanks Amy, how are you getting on today, so far so go for me. Though I have been a little emotional but guess the sleep deprivation can cause that ll

Hi,how's it going? I have given in to some food,not great but i'm finding the bars so yuk that am needing an alternative.sticking to protein only so weight still going down,was 14 stone 1lb this morning. Have you had a weigh in yet? :)

Don't fret,remember every day is a new start :) i'm currently sipping red wine which is NOT part of the diet so not sure how close the 13's are! Hang in there,hope weigh in is ok :)

Hi Amy, I have decided to give ww another go. I am pointing my shakes and bars so as not to waste them. I have also decided to do couch to 5 k. My big sis has went for 18st to 12 it has taken her some time but she made the biggest change when she started running last yr. she runs every day for at least 20mins. She is on day 300 and something but omg she looks amazing. Well we agreed yesterday to run a 5k in march. I can't run on exante so want to use it to supplement my diet. I hope we can still spur each other on. Did manage to loose 4lbs this week even though I ate On 2 days to hope to get into the 14st by next week. That's 3lbs this week hope I can do it :)

I'm sure you can do it - sounds like a good decision and I'm sure the running will make a difference. I am toying with the idea of atkins - I am finding it difficult without any food and finding myself nibbling on protein to keep me from making mistakes anyway so I've ordered the book and I'll see how it sounds. Still teetering on 14 stone at the moment so am hoping I can shift into the 13s this week. Good luck with your ww - I have done ww successfully before, just wanted to try something that might be a bit quicker but sounds like your sister is a huge inspiration :)

I am sure you will do it. Haven't yet started the running need to get started but I am sooo lazy. Have stuck to my points since sat so pleased with that. Atkins sounds good I did it a few years ago and did so well. You need to stay under 20g of carbs a day. I would recommend the fit day app for recording your intake. Egg whites are your best friend. They say don't count cals but I found it best if you did. Coconut oil is great on this diet and smells nice which compared to meat smells is a nice change, flax seed pancake are a great way to start the day if you get stick of eggs and bacon. Good luck it is hard until you get into ketosis but made easier if you eat a lot of meat. It is very hard to over eat once you get started. Stay away from Atkins bars etc bad thing can happen to your tummy after one of them lol

Back