Help - How much do I weigh?!!

Debzi

Ok so here is my question - I can't figure out how much I weigh!!
Last year I went to Curves during my lunchbreak and was weighed every fortnight, this weight was exactly 7 lbs more than my cheap mechanical scales at home, which I assumed were wrong, and have gone with my Curves weight as the correct one.
However I have just bought a set of electronic scales which show my weight 13lbs more than the Curves weight!! I then went to Boots yesterday and used one of their machines to see if that would clear it up but than showed me 12lbs heavier than the Curves weight!
Sorry for being so long winded but as you can see I am now totally confused and have no idea how much I weigh. Any suggestions on how I can find out?:confused:

I find getting an accurate weigh in is a nightmare too. Best bet is to choose one weighing process and stick to it. Have you taken into account what you are wearing when you get weighed? I'm guessing you don't strip off in Boots which means some of the weight would be clothes, shoes etc
HTH
Sharon xoxo

ok i think the key is stick to ONE set of scales. weigh urself at the same time of day. and also a tip, use a hard surface for scales, ie no carpet.

now whatever that ONE scale says use that weight. dont get hung up of differnt scales. that one scales will show ur losses every week. and most of all RELAX

At least it's not just me that's confused!!
Yeah I have thought about wearing clothes etc and that's another one of the confusing things as at Curves (the lightest weight) I was always in my gym stuff and it was at lunchtime - and you are meant to be lightest first thing in the morning ahhhhhh!
At least I know how much I've lost but I don't know how I can get down to 10st 7 when I don't know my weight!!:confused:

i hate scales!!!! lol x

Thanks preetone I know I'm getting much too hung up on this!
I find that its very easy to get obsessed by stuff when you are so focused on losing weight.
I'll try to take a few deep breaths and stop worrying!:sigh:

weigh urself first thing tomoro morning. then thats it, thats ur starting point. forget all other weights u have been. thats it. done. problem solved. now when u get to goal weight it will be on those scales when u weigh at the same time as u will be doing 2moro! get it, got it, good!
hahaha

It's a bit off-topic, but I was thinking about joining curves (if I can find a baby-sitter!) but I can't find out much about it (what it is exactly, what it can do, how much it is etc.) without calling in to the gym- at the minute it's opening times don't fit in with my work (this will change soon) so I can't call in to check? I've heard they do a 6-wk trial/taster period so you don't need to sign up for a whole year or anything? Is that right?

I was considering this a few weeks ago, but decided I would get bored and stuck with my gym for variety of classes etc...

From what I can gleam from work colleagues who have joined up (next door to work, how convenient is that?!) it's £29 a month, plus I think it was £30 joining fee. You're committed for a year. Haven't heard about the trial period. The opening hours are a bit restricted, the one I checked near my home shut at 6.30pm every day, so I think that is club specific.

What it consists of is various toning and cardio machines. I think there may be 12...? You do something like 10 mins on each machine, and you use every machine. It takes 30 minutes in total, and they recommend no more than 3 times a week.

Hence the thought that I would become very bored with these restrictions!! However, the girls that have joined are loving it! If you've previously been a gym member or done exercise classes, then I think you're better off looking for something else.

Their website is quite good - check it out ;)

Curves Women's Only Health Clubs and Fitness Centers with Aerobic and Strength Training Workouts in 30 Minutes and Weight Loss Programs

There is the 'Curves six week solution', but it doesn't say if you can join for just that 6wks? Hmm. I may have to see if I can get time off and go see for myself. I don't want a year long membership- just a kick-start iykwim?

I thought scales at gyms and slimming clubs are always a few lbs lighter to include the fact that people will be wearing trainers and heavy clothes?

Hmm definately a possiblility that the scales are a bit different doesn't explain the large differences though!!

I really enjoyed Curves, it was right next door to my work and I was able to go at lunchtime. You do a 30 minute workout which alternates between a machine then a pad. And from what I remember you are meant to burn 500 calories. They did have a trial offer when I joined where you had a two week free trial before you decided on joining.

It's a bit off-topic, but I was thinking about joining curves (if I can find a baby-sitter!) but I can't find out much about it (what it is exactly, what it can do, how much it is etc.) without calling in to the gym- at the minute it's opening times don't fit in with my work (this will change soon) so I can't call in to check? I've heard they do a 6-wk trial/taster period so you don't need to sign up for a whole year or anything? Is that right?

Hiya,

In February's Prima magazine there is an offer for FREE 30 days gym pass for Curves.
No reference code so i suggest you can just mention Prima mag.
You need to join by 31st January tho
Their number is 0800 130 0544 - or check out www.curves.com

HTH

Sharon xoxo

this curves thing looks good. spesh as i dont do much resistence training. altho i watched the demo and i think i might take some ideas with me to the gym

Back