Help! I'm new and I'm panicking!

melvina

Hello fellow slimmers! Happy new year!

I've been a yo-yo dieter for years; I'm great at losing weight (usually following the Weight Watchers diet), but I simply can't maintain it. I've realised I simply can't live long term on an eating plan which involves being HUNGRY!

So naturally people recommended Slimming World. I've been on it since Monday, following the Extra Easy plan and it just seems to good to be true! I'm eating absolutely tons, more than I did before! And I feel soooo heavy and full of food - can this really work? I'm eating pasta all day long!

I'm panicking because I'm the heaviest I've ever been and feel like this can only be making me heavier!

Welcome to the forum.

Don't panic......everyone is the same when they start on the SW diet, 'how can I lose weight, when I am eating so much'!!!!!

Have faith in the diet and you will lose weight, it's the most marvellous diet I have ever tried, and it really does work.

So if you are following the plan correctly, stop panicking and good luck for your first WI.

That's exactly what I was like, except I did it alone. It definitely works, my aunties lost about 3 stone doing the SW diet, and they were eating meals that you'd never in a million years think you could eat on a diet. Yes, you get to eat a lot more than most diets, but that's because you're eating the right foods, and foods that aid your weight loss, like Superfree foods :)

Thanks, I know it MUST work, because the plan is so well known and reputable. Would anyone say they have less success following Extra Easy than they do following Red and Green days?

Hi

I started sw diet at the start of November and I lost one stone just before christmas. I have been doing the extra easy and I felt like you when I started. I have never tried red or green as EE seems to be working for me. Hope this helps.

It does, thank you! I don't really mind if it comes off slowly, as long as it comes off! After years of dramatic yo-yoing, I need something for life, which I accept might take a while.

Thanks, I know it MUST work, because the plan is so well known and reputable. Would anyone say they have less success following Extra Easy than they do following Red and Green days?

The media drums it in to us to eat less makes us thin shake that thought off! Honestly I thought to myself well i can eat as much fat free cottage cheese and that i could eat that 500g tub in the fridge and do you know something ...................................i opened it and i have eaten about 1/5 with 4 ryvita and and cucumber and i could eat the lot and not feel guilty cos i am allowed it and cos i am allowed i dont feel the need to over eat on it which is why slimming world is so easy!!!

beacuse 90% of basic staples pasta rice meat veg fuit certain yogurts are free you dont need to over eat on them because they are not forbidden.

you could essentially sit and eat 100 rashers of bacon but because its free you have a couple of slices where as if they were naughty you would probably have double!!

it great reverse psycology!!!!

Last edited:
Some people had slower losses with EE or said it didn't work for them, however, with the new subtle changes to EE I really really think that weight losses will be the same, if not better!

Have faith, follow the plans and the weight will drop off.

Back