Help Im sick

bettiesrevenge

Gold Member
Hi im new around these parts, but of course in need of some advice.

I have been SS'ing for 4 weeks, so far so good, a stone and 4lbs gone, but all of a sudden its stopped.

It appears to be linked with a stinking cold which I have developed. I havnt cheated, except I have been having mints (smints to be exact!) to clear my nasal passages over the last few days.

Can anyone tell me if they think this may be to blame...or should I just DRINK MORE WATER...(crazy idea that?)

Thanks for all ideas.

There is probably sugar in them, so probably not a good idea, im sure there may be something you can take that will not affect your diet. I had a cough and was taking Cavonia for it, but it was full of sugar so aked at the chemist for something that was suitable for me to take.
Ask your cdc, or maybe someone will be along in a minute to let you know if there is something you can take to help.

hey bettie...

first things first... well done on ur fab weight loss so far!!!!!

sorry you are poorly... i don't know about the mints you are taking but i'm sure mints are not allowed on cd and they could be bringing you out of ketosis...

drink loads more water... and when ur cold is better i'm sure you will see a big weight loss....

well done again hun you are doing fab!!

love

Hiya

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well and congrats on your great weight loss so far.

When you're ill your body often retains water, I've noticed that whenever my clients come to me and they've been unwell the scales don't much at all. the smints you've been having may well knock you out of ketosis but shouldn't affect your weight loss as such. Yes keep drinking the water and by next week's weigh-in you really should see the scales moving again.

Was there any difference in your measurements? You'll still lose inches even the scales havent' moved.

Don't worry about it, you're doing brilliantly so far, & you will still lose weight.

x

Smints are sugar free and about the size of a sweetener so I wouldnt have thought they would have had any real effect unless you were eating pack after pack of them each day.

Yeah dont worry, I havnt been bingeing on smints. Just the odd one or two to help me out with the blocked nose situation.

Im really concerned, I have checked my measurements and not much has changed, although on my scales my body fat has dropped by 1% in the last week, but my water is up by 4%. So I guess that could well be it, I am retaining water like a paddling pool.

Should I drink more than my usual 2.5 litres of water?

Hey!!! hope you feel better soon!!!

I'd always try and drink about 4 litres of water......I know the book says 2.5 but a bit more is useful on this diet.

Get drinking!!!

xx

Yeah dont worry, I havnt been bingeing on smints. Just the odd one or two to help me out with the blocked nose situation.

Im really concerned, I have checked my measurements and not much has changed, although on my scales my body fat has dropped by 1% in the last week, but my water is up by 4%. So I guess that could well be it, I am retaining water like a paddling pool.

Should I drink more than my usual 2.5 litres of water?

Retaining water really will slow down the scales, so don't panic. If can you drink more it should help, but you'll see the scales really get going again when you're feeling a bit better. Just remember that if you're following the SS plan you HAVE to lose weight because of the amount of cals you're taking in. It's hard, but just be patient and you'll soon whizzing down the pounds again. :)

Back