Help - is SW not 4 me -not sure if to try something diff all together - advice needed

Trash

Still fighting
Hi

Im still not having much luck with SW

I have been doing it 10 weeks tonight here is my Weight loss record

wk 1 -2.5
wk 2 -1
wk 3 sts
wk 4 -1.5
wk 5 -1.5
wk 6 STS
wk 7 +1.5
Wk8 +1.5
wk 9 -2
wk 10 +2

So in 10 weeks i've lost 3lb's?? Whats it all about?

I have been so good as well I've even tried a couple of green and red even though i prefer EE i've not eaten anything naughty unless syned! I love cooking and have bought quite a lot of SW cook books and have cooked loads of dishes which me and the family have been able to enjoy. I thought it might of been bannanas as i have one every day but i cut these out two weeks ago as did i cut out grapes as i was eating quite a few of those but nope no help!

What hurts the most is my Consultant is no help what so ever after week 7 & 8 i had to ask her to look at my weekly menu's to make sure i was doing everything right she did this infront of the whole group holding everyone up from getting weighed - (i even told her she was prob best taking them home) but nope she continued to embarress me and annoy everyone else while she quibled over syn values which were infact right!!

Then this week all she said was - have you got some menu sheets?? What help is that?

I don't know i just want opinions if you think i should try a diff diet as 3lb's in 10 weeks is pretty rubbish and its making me so sad ;o(

Do you have a diary we could have a look at?

I dont but i do have weekly sheets i keep on the pc but not sure how to upload them - bare with me!

Monday

Half 0z of pudding rice with 100ml of semi skim milk (half HEA) & 50ml water & canderel
Strawberries
Tuna
Co-op W/M pitta HEB
Frazzles
Fruit salad

Salmon pasta bake
Salad
Grated cheese (half HEA)
Garlic Bread
Garlic bread 5
Frazzles 5

Tuesday
Shreddies HEB
SS Milk HEA
Banana
Baked beans
W/M bread HEB
Fruit salad

Lightly dusted fish
SW chips
Mushy peas
veg
Fish 3
WM Bread 6
wednesday
Half 0z of pudding rice with 100ml of semi skim milk (half HEA) & 50ml water & canderel
Strawberries
Ham & salad
W/M pitta HEB
Frazzles
Fruit salad
Youghurt
Cottage Pie
Veg
fruit
Frazzles 5
Houmous 2

thursday
Strawberries
Ham & salad
W/M pitta HEB
Frazzles
Fruit salad
Pork medallions
BBQ sauce
Veg
SW chips
Frazzles 5
Bbq sauce 2

friday
Strawberries
Tuna salad
1 WM pitta HEB
Cheese HEA
Houmous
Fruit

Fish with sweet potatoes salad
fruit

Vodka 12
saturday
SW Magic Pancakes HEB
Fruit
Omelette
salad
Cottage pie, carrots, swede, green beans, gravy
Hi fi RR 3
Gravy 2
sunday
SW Magic
Pancakes HEB
Roast chick and veg

fruit
WM sarnie HEBx2
Frazzles
Apple crumble & squirt cream
Frazzles 5
Pud 7

This was last weeks menu and basically the same as the week before when i lost the 2lb there is hardly any different except for slightly diff evening meals but all much the same i.e home cooked with a 3rd super free and free - syns on average are always about 7 a day

Just at a quick look I think you could do with more superfree foods before some of the free foods. Are your mealsdefinitely at least a third superfree?

Also what plan is it you are following say on the Sunday when you have 2 x heb's? If its a red day just wondering what veg you have incase any of those aren't free on red days? Peas/sweetcorn/parsnips aren't for e.g

This happened to me the last time I tried SW a good few years ago but I'm back to give it another go now and hoping this time I can continue to lose. Also my consultant wasn't helpful either and just clearly thought I was cheating. I eat a lot so maybe I needed to limit my portions, could that be it with you? Still, you have lost 4lb in 10 weeks and although not great, if you hadn't been on SW you would have gained 4 I bet!

Just at a quick look I think you could do with more superfree foods before some of the free foods. Are your mealsdefinitely at least a third superfree?

Yep definately where i have got salad or fruit it is always a 3rd if not more SF

Also what plan is it you are following say on the Sunday when you have 2 x heb's? If its a red day just wondering what veg you have incase any of those aren't free on red days? Peas/sweetcorn/parsnips aren't for e.g

Last week i done EE apart from the Sunday and the veg i had with the roast chick was roasted Butter Nut Squash, runner beans, carrots, broccoli and mashed swede

This happened to me the last time I tried SW a good few years ago but I'm back to give it another go now and hoping this time I can continue to lose. Also my consultant wasn't helpful either and just clearly thought I was cheating. I eat a lot so maybe I needed to limit my portions, could that be it with you? Still, you have lost 4lb in 10 weeks and although not great, if you hadn't been on SW you would have gained 4 I bet!

I'm really disgusted with my consultant she is quick enough to take are money and every week she has a drama with the pc blaming it for not working properely etc when its the operators fault. Why would some blank menu plans help me? She knows i had some from the 2 weeks previously when i asked for her help?
I don't think its my portion control as I do keep an eye on this ;o(

Ok then only other thing I'm wondering is if you changed your breakfasts? Say with the magic pancakes are they the ones with eggs/yoghurt and oats? Theres actually quite a lot of food in there so maybe limit those to once a week or something?

I'm not criticising you as from what I can see from your food plan everything seems ok but you say its not working for you so am looking for where changes could be made

Ok then only other thing I'm wondering is if you changed your breakfasts? Say with the magic pancakes are they the ones with eggs/yoghurt and oats? Theres actually quite a lot of food in there so maybe limit those to once a week or something?

I'm not criticising you as from what I can see from your food plan everything seems ok but you say its not working for you so am looking for where changes could be made

Nope i appreciate your advise and help - the magic pancakes i split the mixture so i make it on the sat and save half uncooked in fridge to have on a sunday? Just because its easier and one portion of it is way too much!

Do you have the rest of your milk allowance in drinks is that why you have half with the rice? Don't see your hea mentioned elsewhere?

I'd say stick with it a bit longer but mix things up a bit x

Yes sorry i have one coffee first thing in the morning and a cup of tea last thing at night!

When you say mix things up do you mean the Red, green and EE? or just diff breakfasts lunces etc?

I was thinking more different breakfasts/lunches etc but mix the plans too maybe?
Shame your consultants not been very helpful, do you use the sw site at all? Theres something called an sas log on there (or consultants can give you them!) which are supposed to be good for finding problems that we may not realise.
Sometimes there are things that people think are free say and aren't and are adding syns to their intake. One I remember from my oldgroup were sachets of coffee with milk and sweetner in that someone was having 3or 4 of a day that were about 3 syns and didn't realise it x

Hi this is my 4th time on sw and everytime i learn a new thing lol. Looking at your menu i was just wondering maybe for a week if you cut out the pitta and bread and try scan bran instead that might get things moving, thats if you like scan bran. On the 3rd try with sw i was having hb of bread almost every day and wasnt losing much but this time round on sw i dont have bread and just have scan bran with either a topping or cake to have with my tea and my losses are a lot more regular x

hey it might be due to the carb levels over the week. i know if i have bread even 2 days in a week i don't loose weight, even if i used as healthy b choice. some people in my group are the same. try reducing your bread (garlic and normal) and i always cook a handle of pasta for me. otherwise i'll over eat! i hope this helps! ive been doing sw 8 months now so ive had time to mess around with what my body will and will lot loose weight on x

Try adding more of the Super Speed Super Free foods such as blackberries, also for desert why not put a syn free mullerlight in the freezer an hour before you want to eat it, it kinda tastes like icecream and pour it over a healthy portion of mixed berries for a completly syn free desert.

Hi this is my 4th time on sw and everytime i learn a new thing lol. Looking at your menu i was just wondering maybe for a week if you cut out the pitta and bread and try scan bran instead that might get things moving, thats if you like scan bran. On the 3rd try with sw i was having hb of bread almost every day and wasnt losing much but this time round on sw i dont have bread and just have scan bran with either a topping or cake to have with my tea and my losses are a lot more regular x

Hi I will give that a go - but i do love bread and was hoping i could continue to have bread on SW ;o( especially as its a HEB but maybe it doesn't suit me re weight loss!

Have you got a nice cake recipe i can use?

hey it might be due to the carb levels over the week. i know if i have bread even 2 days in a week i don't loose weight, even if i used as healthy b choice. some people in my group are the same. try reducing your bread (garlic and normal) and i always cook a handle of pasta for me. otherwise i'll over eat! i hope this helps! ive been doing sw 8 months now so ive had time to mess around with what my body will and will lot loose weight on x

Yeah i'm gonna try cutting down on bread - what did you mean about handle on pasta??

Try adding more of the Super Speed Super Free foods such as blackberries, also for desert why not put a syn free mullerlight in the freezer an hour before you want to eat it, it kinda tastes like icecream and pour it over a healthy portion of mixed berries for a completly syn free desert.

Hmm will try the frozen muller see how i go but not a fan of youghurts full stop - i do get lots of Super Speed as well such as celery, grapefruti etc x

Is there another group in your area you could try? You could go as a visiting member to check it out and transfer over if better cons. That's
what I did. Your paying them for a service and as with every job some are better than others.

I have never heard of anyone not loosing on SW (while doing 100%) so maybe a better cons would be able to give you some advice. Good luck hun stick with it. Let us know how you get on. X

Back