Help!! Is this right?

elouise77

Hello,
I'm day 5 into my first week with sw and I weighed myself this morning only to find I've put a pound on?!?

Could someone check my food diary please to see if I am going wrong anywhere.

Day 1
HEA - 2 babybel light + skimmed milk
HEB - 2 weetabix
Banana, raspberries, fat free nat yogurt
Low fat chilli super noodles
Quorn spag bol
SYNS - 4 mini meringues (4)
2 jaffa cakes (5)

Day 2
HEB - porridge + alpen light bar
Strawberries, banana, apple, blueberries and salad.
Fat free nat yogurt, vanilla fat free yog
Plain couscous, 3 new potatoes
Veg stirfry
SYNS - stirfry sauce (5.5)
2 mini meringues (2)
Noodles (3.5)

Day 3
HEB - 2 weetabix + 1 alpen light bar
banaba, strawberries, blueberries, apple, salad veg.
vanilla fat free yog, natural f/free yog,
new potatoes
2 eggs, beans, mushrooms,
SYNS - 3 quorn sausages (3)
1 wholemeal nimble bread (2.5)
2 mini meringues (2)

Day 4
HEB - 2 weetabix + 1 alpen light bar
same fruit as day before + salad
small portion pasta
quorn bolognaise sause
fat free yogurt
small jacket potato
1/2 tin baked beans
low fat super noodles
SYNS - 2 extra light laughing cow triangles (2)
curly wurly (6)
toast (3.5)

I know it looks a lot but obviously some of the ingredients go into one meal.

Thankyou :)

The ONE critical error you have made is weighing yourself before weigh in. DON'T!! Just see how you get on in 2 days, your food diary looks fine.

I weighed myself midweek once and it said i'd put 2lbs on :eek: but then I got to weigh in and lost 2lb. So I learnt to stop doing that.

that looks ok, like she said above dont weigh yourself lol! mine said i gained 1lb, was so upset yet in class i lost 4lb!

Oh an all i can say from your diary is id eat more superfree foods with your meals if possible, i have alot more veg etc. but thats me.. x

It all looks fine, and as mentioned before, dont weigh midweek cos your body goes up and down each day! xxx keep at it, it works! x

Just a few notes/observations.

Are you vegetarian/vegan? - I notice a lack of meat & fish but plenty of quorn products.

You are aware as a Hex B is is two Weetabix and the Alpen light is an additional 3 syns? - (not a great problem but worth mentioning) - if you're having 2 HEX B's then you can have 2 Alpen Lights.

Also, what about drinks/fluids? - are you drinking plenty of water?

As already mentioned, are you getting enough superfree - at least 1/3 of your plate?

What is your fitness and exercise regime like?

Oh and weighing - whilst weighing in during the week will not harm your weightloss directly, indirectly it may influence your choices. For example, a couple of pound off midweek may cause you to "relax and let go a little" or a gain might make you think "What the hell? - might as well just go for it" - If you have to weigh - and I know some people are obsessed, make sure you pre-plan your shopping, meals, snacks and syns in advance and don't alter the plan!

Because of the lack of meat/fish product I assume you are following mainly Green plan? (2 hex a's & b's) or even Extra Easy (1 hex a&b)

One last thing re: the scales. After your first WI (I assume you're going to class) weigh yourself at home when you get in wearing the same gear in order to calibrate your homes scales.

Above all, get some more superfree and especially superspeed in you including bran, and wholemeal, (pasta, rice etc.) and Ryvita.

You might care to introduce a few more hex's and mix them up a bit more;)

Steve

I would say more fruit and veg?? If you replace low fat super noodles with a chicken and mushroom pasta in sauce- you can mix a pepper, onion, tomatoes in and its lovely.

Try and have your 5 a day at least.

Back