HELP ME COPE PLEASE!!

Hi to all at MiniMins.

I am struggling with achieving and maintaining ketosis.I lost 3.5 stone with Lighterlife 2 yrs ago.I gained all of it and more due to various life stressors.I then joined Cambridge and have been unable to abstain from food so I decided to do step 2 instead.
I turn to food when confronted with any little hurdle in life -(the archetypal comfort eater).
I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE.I HAVE A SERIOUS ADDICTION TO SNACKING!!
I hope to use this web site to distract me when I get cravings and to get some support please.:sigh::sigh::sigh:

Hi Heavenly,

Have you spoken to your CD Cousellor about your problems. She might be able to help. Can you remember the week at LL when you did thought records, they may be able to help you.

Perhaps if you just wait 10 mins before you snack and do a thought record you may find that you are snacking because of feelings and not hunger.

I sometimes go into the chat room if I feel like I am gonna snack, that sometimes keeps me busy till the feeling pasts.

Hope this helps and dont think you are alone, do lots of posting you will find many on here struggle a bit, the forum is all about supporting one another.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear you are struggling. You know this type of diet works you just need your head in the right place.

Think of trying to survive one day at a time and remind yourself of how good you felt when you were lighter.

Aim for small steps eg 7 lb at a time

try using the packs and experiment using the recipes.

Irene xx

I've always had an addiction to snacking as well! and for everything, comfort eating, boredom, just the fact that it's there....
but since being on cambridge (just started week 4), I've really not felt the need/want to snack.. I'm just using the packs (I get 4 a day) and drinking lots of water all day at work..
find a hobby like card making or cross stitch or knitting where you have to use your hands and can't make them dirty by eating!!!

HI Irene H ,I was wondering where my thread went...

My CD counsellor told me the exact same thing today about my head being in the right place.I will certainly give this my best effort ..let's see what happens

Hi Heavenly,

Have you spoken to your CD Cousellor about your problems. She might be able to help. Can you remember the week at LL when you did thought records, they may be able to help you.

Perhaps if you just wait 10 mins before you snack and do a thought record you may find that you are snacking because of feelings and not hunger.

I sometimes go into the chat room if I feel like I am gonna snack, that sometimes keeps me busy till the feeling pasts.

Hope this helps and dont think you are alone, do lots of posting you will find many on here struggle a bit, the forum is all about supporting one another.

Good luck.
Hi Ladylite,
Thanks for your support and advice.You are absolutely right...thought records will help me..(if I remember to do them at the right time)..

I really do need to remember my past experience and how I coped with stress without eating back then.It seems like a lifetime away as my life has taken a momentous change since then.

Here is to regular trips to my CD Forum to help me cope ,hey.....

I've always had an addiction to snacking as well! and for everything, comfort eating, boredom, just the fact that it's there....
but since being on cambridge (just started week 4), I've really not felt the need/want to snack.. I'm just using the packs (I get 4 a day) and drinking lots of water all day at work..
find a hobby like card making or cross stitch or knitting where you have to use your hands and can't make them dirty by eating!!!
Hi LIZS81,

I hope to wile away the hours and keep my hands busy on this laptop which I only bought 3 weeks ago..this has opened a whole new world to me ...hopefully I will make less trips to the snack cupboard.I am re-starting tomorrow...watch this space ....

We could be twins - I lost 4 stone with LL and didnt in the process reeducate my strategies for all the different moments that would spring up. I went skiing just as I finished the 3 month stage and wrongly thought that I could cope on my own. Like you I put it all back and then some more. This time round I really want to get it right; both diets eat into the weekly finances - we know that, both diets work on the same principles and we have experience of both. It was hard enough first time round, I have no intention of repeating the mistakes I made last time and I am usually finding strategies to cope with all the finger picking, bowl a licking moments that face us each and every day. I use four packs a day and hunger doesnt come into it but when I feel like straying - I always find the reason is that I am not drinking enough water. You not only need this to eliminate the fats (read Icemoose's sticky on the importance of water) but it also gives you something legal to put in your mouth. I also use a cocktail straw to drink through, it makes it easier to get the stuff down AND it allows you the comfort of sucking on it!!!! At the very beginning I resorted to chewing gum (sugar free) to help in my worst moments but weeks later now I rely on that less and less.
I have been a habitual picker since childhood and use food for EVERY emotion you can think of; throughout this time I have hated water out of the tap and never had the money (or even the interest) to consider bottled water. It is very important to help yourself during the early days in particular. Dont watch others eating unless you feel superstrong/have your packs at a time that works for you/if watching TV walk out and distract yourself when the ads come on/try not to shop on your own/if you dont trust yourself to fill up with fuel and not purchase goodies - take someone with you or better still let them do it for you/dont buy tempting things for the family and then "just try one" - your family can go without for a short period of time or will go and buy them theirselves and eat them away from you. Are you getting the picture - DO NOT SET YOURSELF UP TO FAIL. Finally come to the forum and keep your fingers and your mind occupied with something that reinforces the benefits of losing weight to yourself AND others to make this the best self help group on the planet.!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hi To LOSE LONG TREK,your wise words are greatly appreciated.On this website I feel as though I am not a failure.Many others are in the same boat as me .Also the "poor me " syndrome gets a backseat as I realise that many other people are in the same boat as me and have issues with weight gain and emotional eating..Thank you !!

Back