HELP me, im am about to break!

NatashaGabrielle

I just wana eat and i am getting myself upset! I want anything something nice just anything and i am so upset! I feel like ordering a take away i am just so hungry and CRAVING something fatty! I am trying to stop myself i just feel so upset i just want to order something and binge! :cry:

Snap! But we're not going to, okay? We've done so well to get this far. And a takeaway will only make you feel better for the 10 minutes it takes to eat it. Then you'll feel worse than you do now.

Come on, darling. We can do it! x x

I know. I do, honestly. :hug99: We've spent our whole lives self-medicating with food so it's only natural we feel like our only lifeline's been cut.

But food never fixed the problem, did it? Has something gone wrong today that's triggered you to feel like this?

I just started a new job yesterday, and today was quite manual, i dont think thats triggered it tho. I seen someone on tv eating something so nice and i just wanted it and feeling like i needed something ad now i just worked myself up... so stupid aint it but i am soooooo upset!

Ooh, but still, starting a new job's always a bit stressful. Not knowing people and people not knowing you. And if you've had to do a bit more today than you usually do, it's no wonder you're feeling really tired and munchy.

Have you got any extra shakes? Could you make yourself a nice hot chocolate Cambridge shake?

:bighug:

How about some inspirational telly? :)

The Fat Fighters is about to start on Channel 4, and The Biggest Loser is on at 9.00 on ITV1.

Don't know about you, but watching people have to do so much exercise to lose weight always makes me feel better about sticking to shakes!

I have turned on Fat Fighters as I am close to breaking today too. Drink more water and if you need to then have another shake. If you really have to eat something then have something you would eat on SS+ xx

I have turned on Fat Fighters as I am close to breaking today too. Drink more water and if you need to then have another shake. If you really have to eat something then have something you would eat on SS+ xx

Oops, just 'liked' your post and didn't want you to take it wrong - I don't like that you're close to breaking! I was 'liking' the other bits! :)

There both on Record i will defo be watching Biggest Loser. My OH has told me i am no way having anything to eat which just made me have to go the loo and i cried! Like i dunno why i need food so much!! He doesnt even care to understand how hard this is for me right now! He offered to cook me some chicken but i said no. Then he started moaning at me again and now the subject is forgotten and i am still left upset and wanting food...... Its like he dont even care :(

Ah, other halves. They find this sooo difficult. Getting the balance right between supporting you and getting right up your nose is a tricky thing to do at the best of times, of course.

Are you too mad with him to demand a big squidgey hug? Cos I think that might be what's needed here...

It could be tough love that he is showing you right no. Although I am not defending his appoach, but men don't always know how to cope with our emotions.

Question, are you hungry or is it a craving?

Its a craving its not hunger which i know so i dunno why i am so upset. I just burst out into a sobbing cry ad OH came and hugged me and offered to cook me anything i wanted, which of course i thanked him but said no. Just feel like i cant do this diet tonight and tomorrow is my WI and i dont want to ruin everything. Why oh Why does food control me like this!!! Thanks everyone for ur replies i dont know whats come over me i cant stop crying (even crying typing this)

Awww hun :( I think we all have days like this but when you wake up in the morning and that craving has passed you will be so glad you didnt give in xxx

No you havent, as cheating goes chicken is one of the better things you could have eaten so dont beat yourself up about it xx

and to make you smile, think how funny that chicken must have looked with 3 legs!! sorry, just trying to cheer you up doll :) there's lots of other things that start with "ch" that are way more calorific than chicken! and there's no carbs in chicken so you'll be fine :) x

You have not failed at all, we all have our days and bad days. Tomorrow is a new day, so just contine with the CD as normal in the morning. I have had days when I caved in but get back on track as soon as possible. Take it one day at a time. Also set yourself mini goals, and non food treats once you reached them.

Hey why not change your way of thinking...instead of saying caving in, which you DID NOT cuz u chose protein, why not say that's what you needed at the moment. You chose a healthier choice...chicken and not cheesecake...although had you chosen the cheesecake, that too would have been an experience to learn from...listen to your body, listen to your mind...listen to your Inner voice...ask her why you were freaking out...she will answer, believe me.

Best wishes Hun ;) you can do this...

I remember having exactly this tearful reaction about two and a half weeks in, on Kings Cross station of all places. Previously if i was waiting for a train i took it as an excuse to have a sneaky pasty or something. And I couldn't. And I felt so deprived, like a child whose been told everyone else gets ice cream except for them. I was passionately, furiously upset - although i counldn't articulate the full extent of it or my husband would have thought i was totally insane. I wasn't hungry, the pasty wouldn't have been especially nice, but i was getting into a proper state.

And what I eventually realised, some weeks later, is a couple of things: firstly, I hadn't stopped myself having whatever food i wanted for a very long time; and secondly, i had lost the ability to be sad without tranquilising myself with food.

Overeaters tend not to be very good at the whole 'delayed gratification' thing, and we respond particularly strongly to seeing a food and then thiinking that because we fancy it, we need and deserve to have it. That's a tough one to break, but one of the few things that i think cambridge abstinence might be able to break the habit of, if we're watchful.

The other issue is bigger and harder though. Addicts of all kinds are prone to use food or drugs or booze or shopping or betting... to take away feelings they don't like. And learning to sit with your sadness, to accept that sometimes you will feel sad and hard done by, and deprived (or stressed, or put-upon, or angry...) and that you are an adult and sometimes adults have to feel that way - everyone does - and that experiencing those feelings is part of life and will NOT kill us... those are really tough changes to make.

most of us have abused food to take away feelings since we were young - and what we need to do, what this diet is forcing us to do, is grow up overnight. which is why sometimes we react like a seven year old on Kings Cross station because we can't have a greasy cheese and onion slice from The Upper Crust.

It gets easier. Obviously I still fancy thiongs I can't have, because all i can have is my packs, and they're not especially yummy... but i haven't cried about food since august. which has GOT to be a victory.

Back