HELP me, im am about to break!

Natasha are you ok? I hope you have put it behind you and carried on hun xxx

Brilliant post, Spangles. And it wouldn't let me rep you either, grrr.
spangles said:
Addicts of all kinds are prone to use food or drugs or booze or shopping or betting... to take away feelings they don't like. And learning to sit with your sadness, to accept that sometimes you will feel sad and hard done by, and deprived (or stressed, or put-upon, or angry...) and that you are an adult and sometimes adults have to feel that way - everyone does - and that experiencing those feelings is part of life and will NOT kill us... those are really tough changes to make.

And the other factor here, one that it took me a while to understand, is that sometimes it's easier to give in and eat. Then we can rant at ourselves for being unable to stick to a diet. Because we're used to feeling like failures on diets, so we'll opt for the way that makes us feel, rather than deal with the true underlying reason that made us teach for food in the first place.

Hope you're feeling better today, hun x x x

well out of boredom of water drinking and white tea I thought I would make an instant cappuccino........knew it wasn't allowed but was going crazy in my mind.anyways drank the cappuccino and also ate 6 smalls squares of green and blacks dark chocolate............aaarrgghhhh !! im so annoyed. but on the positive side, i didn't really enjoy it so its done now .hope i can get back on track and realise i can do with out what i think im missing.:mad:

I sat sniffing my daughters McDonalds cheeseburger today :eek: I felt like crying as I wanted to eat it badly! xx

im craving for hot buttered toast - i just keep imagining that is going to be served up in a dirty disgustng ashtray - that seems to be helping :-/
x

im craving for hot buttered toast - i just keep imagining that is going to be served up in a dirty disgustng ashtray - that seems to be helping :-/
x

Now that's a great strategy! I am gonna have to think of something disgusting like that next time I want to go off plan!

Natasha ...you around!?

Gah what an awful time right now! Had a horrible time last night and then i was ok today thinking all my swimming this week would help me with my loss tonight... Waking up at 5:30am to go swimming for an hour and a half everyday this week might have had some effect on my WI but no i lost 2lb which i am totally gutted about! I know its in the right direction but i have 13stone to lose... 2lb is no good to me thats why i am on such a stricked diet to lose alot of weight fast. I have come home and cried most of the night. Totally heart broken, feels like i am gonna be 23stone for the rest of my life.

oh kitten, you're having a tough time.

so you've two things going on here. firstly the swimming: you awesome goddess! Look at how well you've been doing with that? And while exercise doesn't have a dramatic effect on weightloss, it has a gradual longer-term effect, as you will developing muscletone - and bigger muscles burn more calories. So don't beat yourself up - you have made an awesome achievement this week!

the other thing is the food. this diet is hard, and this week, you know what? you didn't do a very, very hard thing quite perfectly - but even where you were imperfect, you weren't terrible. but you tried, and you lost two pounds. Now are you really telling me that you'd rather not have lost it? because let me tell you - then you really *would* be 23 stone for ever. or, more likely - as we all know how these things work - you'd be 23, and then 24 and then 25 stone...

When you get in the swing of it, you'll lose more than 2lbs a week, but in the meantime - have a think about what your alternatives are if you want to get slim and healthy... because that can't happen without being on some kind of diet for a pretty long time. And you will feel deprived, even on other diets. There is no faster way of losing weight than CD. If you're doing it 100%, then your body will be dropping weight as fast as it wants to (this week I was 100% and lost less than a pound! It happens. I've been 100% and had a gain before. Bloody body.)

It isn't fair, honey. You've worked at it really hard and you didn't get the result you deserved... but you are a bit thinner this week than you were last week. If you hadn't have tried so hard, you wouldn't even have lost those two little pounds.

Aww Natasha dont beat yourself up about it. You lost nearly the same as me this week and I was 100%!! Keep going and you will see the difference soon enough xx

When I started my weight loss journey I had over 8 stones to lose. I found that thought very overwhelming because I was just focusing losing 8 stones and the end seemed so far , if not impossible. I changed my way of approaching this weight loss and set myself mini goals of losing 10lbs at a time. It took me a year to lose 60lbs by myself, and I maintained this for a year. Now I am on part two of my quest to lose the remaining 50lbs and I have my struggles with this diet also. Have you set out any mini goals for yourself and how you are going to reward yourself?

Well done on the swimming !!!!!

I would definitely do a reward chart, I have mine on my fridge. Lose a stone - Pauls Boutique bag, lose 2 stone - Irregular Choice boots etc. I'm nearly getting that bag :D

I get a pandora charm for every stone i lose. I just feel so upset thank you for all your lovely replies i dunno what the heck is wrong with me :( I also never drank much water last week a Lr a day IF that so maybe that effected my loss too. Gonna drink more water this week. Night everyone xxx

You definitely need more water. Night hun, talk tomorrow xx

Oh Natasha, why didn't u text me? I didn't see this thread due time difference and full of busy. U shud always text me, darling.

Firstly, don't be hard on Andreas. In fairness, he has seen u in tears, debilitated by this weight & yr lifestyle impinged. He's trying to support u even though his method lacks a bit tact, bless. Remember, he's new to all this too lol!

Secondly, 2lb loss is still a good loss. Stop being so hard on yourself, darling. U haven't used those muscles in years so it stands to reason that muscle density is going to weigh in on those scales? Truthfully, u know how inactive you were & now look at u. Am so proud of u making such a huge effort of getting up so early to swim for an hr b4 u start yr new job. Stick to it. It will start to show not only on those scales but when yr weight drops, u won't end up with those flabby bingo wings like yr mother & will be able to wear stunning, sexy, sleeveless dresses to show off yr stunning new figure! Too late for me, my bingo wings flap like a bat lol!

Thirdly, don't get so upset with yrself. Realise u r human & to eat is instinct but craving & the use of food as comfort is all psychological. I think tiredness, especially being in a new job, has triggered this blip & the tears. Feeling so miserable made u want a quick fix. We've all done it. It was chocolate the other night with me & I don't even particularly like it lol! These feelings well get less & less as the feelings of euphoria take over with the weight loss. 2lb is still a damn fine result darling! Glug more water, u know that's the key. I know it's not easy with being in the new job & running the loo but this is for u now lol!

Remember, weight doesn't drop always as we intend. Some weeks r excellent & yet we can do exactly the same the next week & stay static or gain!! The body remains a mystery to us all even the experts! Yr biggest problem to combat is yr lack of patience........pahhhh, don't know who u take after lol!

Lastly, think of next Christmas, think Budapest, think slim!!! Even if goal is still to be achieved, yr gonna look amazing coz u'll be within reaching distance. Chin up, head high, walk talk & get back on that wagon!!! Next time u have a wobble....TEXT ME so I can ring u!

Lv u XXXXX

Last edited:
And remember, stick to the plan & yr weight has got to come down...it can't go up lol! Time is on yr side so stop stressing about losing it all right NOW!! That would take amputation!!!! Keep going steady, girl, and it will drop. U'll get there but in a toned, sexy way not all wrinkled and flabby like ya ma!

Yes, yes - the water will do it! Every time!

Right, so. Every time you go to make up a pack (or before you have a bar) I wan't you to pour yourself a pint glass of water. Have a couple of big gulps before you starts, and another couple when you finish. £ pints a day = more than half the minimum! Then what I treat myself to is the 6x1.5litre packs of evian (compared to what I used to spend on pop, it's a bargain! - about £3 or £4). So every day at work i open up a 1.5 litre bottle and i can't go home til i've finished it. So - if you do that, plus the pint-per-pack trick, you'll comfortably meet your water target, and pee the pounds away!

Strangely enough my CDC told me to aim for 6 litres of water per day... She said the more you drink the more you shrink? Apparently when she did LL years ago they worked out what your water intake should be from your weight & the heavier you were the more you were meant to have. Most I've ever managed is around 4.5 litres though & that was hard going!

Think 6 litres is a bit excessive

Back