Snacks Help me make a tasty syn-free smoothie!!

Lilleece79

Hi everyone. I tried making a smoothie the other day from frozen fruit! It was FAR too
tart.:doh:

Can you help me make a syn free TASTY smoothie please.

I know it should be easy but I'm just not sure if I just don't use as much fruit.....

Appreciate any suggestions.

yep unfortunately fruit is only FREE when eaten in it's raw form, as soon as you cook, blend or puree it, it then becomes syns.

So there will be no such thing as a syn free smoothie I am afraid.

Just think about how much fruit that goes into a smoothie and how quickly you can drink it you are also not using any energy to chew the fruit etc. Now if you ate that fruit in it's raw full form, the quantity would be far more satisfying you would also have to chew each bit and probably wouldnt even be able to eat the whole amount of fruit that you would of easily drank in a smoothie.

Hope that makes sense :)

yep unfortunately fruit is only FREE when eaten in it's raw form, as soon as you cook, blend or puree it, it then becomes syns.

So there will be no such thing as a syn free smoothie I am afraid.

Just think about how much fruit that goes into a smoothie and how quickly you can drink it you are also not using any energy to chew the fruit etc. Now if you ate that fruit in it's raw full form, the quantity would be far more satisfying you would also have to chew each bit and probably wouldnt even be able to eat the whole amount of fruit that you would of easily drank in a smoothie.

Hope that makes sense :)

The energy used to chew food is negligible. 11 calories per HOUR on average.

The energy used to chew food is negligible. 11 calories per HOUR on average.

yes but the fact your are having to chew, instead of just gulping down calories in a glass does make a difference.

The glass of smoothie can be gone before you have had a chance to blink your eyes. Where as fruit in it's raw form usually involves biting into and chewing and takes a whole lot longer to eat. Leaving your feeling more satisfied on just one piece of fruit, instead of the several pieces of fruit that have gone into one glass of smoothie.

Not to mention that chewing helps with the digestion of food in many aspects.

Last edited:
Back