HELP ME

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Ive woken up in absolute agony!! Feels like my chest is being crushed. have concluded pain is based upper right abdomen - assumably my poor liver having to rapidly grow and cope with my massive food intake after nearly a month SS???

I have heartburn my back and chest are really hurting and I have shooting pains in my shoulders (trapped wind?). Please please tell me this is normal and that it is going to pass really really soon? :jelous:

Sounds very much like gallstones, unfortunately, pet. Pain can last for a few hours. If it doesn't go away / reoccurs / or you feel like you have a temperature, you should definitely see your GP tomorrow.

Hope you feel better soon.

ditto above, I felt like that when i had them. Though if the pain stays or gets any worse get on the phone to your doc xx

ooooh dear, i don't have any advice sweetie as i cant say ive ever felt that bad after eating but I really hope you are feeling much better soon x

oh you poor love i have no advice sorry but i would see gp but then again i am queen hypercondriact ,,,,,,,take care xxxxxxxxxxxx

Ive woken up in absolute agony!! Feels like my chest is being crushed. have concluded pain is based upper right abdomen - assumably my poor liver having to rapidly grow and cope with my massive food intake after nearly a month SS???

I have heartburn my back and chest are really hurting and I have shooting pains in my shoulders (trapped wind?). Please please tell me this is normal and that it is going to pass really really soon? :jelous:
That sounds exactly like me the day after I got back from holiday, I work up in total agony to and guess what it turned out to be....yep, GALLSTONES!!! See your GP and he will sort out to have a scan to confirm it before they decide what to do about it. I'm seeing my surgeon on Monday to find out what they are doing about mine.
If you can get down to the chemist today and buy some co-codamol as the normal pain meds just don't seem to cut it with gallstones.
Don't worry you're in good company there are a fair few of us that either have or have had them on here.
Like I said go and see your GP just to find out one way or another hun.

awe hunnt bless you, i would go to the docs today to get checked out, tell them whats happened with the cd and eating etc and get checked out..

do let us know

hope you feel better soon

sending you big hugs

sorry to hear you are not too good hun,ive no advice for you i just wanted to say get well soon,
and do keep us posted as to how you are getting on,
elaine x

Sorry everyone for not posting earlier. Pain lasted just over an hour in the end, then thankfully fell back asleep. Never had pain like it!!!! I read on NHS direct that Gallstones can occur in people losing weight, so guess it must be that (had scan last year when preggers and def didnt have them then). So eating something fatty last night clearly just completely upset my system I guess. Have had some pain today but it is mild and underlying - nothing like last night.

Havent had a chance to even ring the doctors let alone get down there! Had to get up at 5am to drive my brother to Lakeside (we live in Portsmouth - about 130 miles each way) to start his training to be a holiday rep! (lucky sod). Got back down south about 12.30 and went straight to Gunwharf for lunch (or observation thereof), shopping etc with the family. Just home now. Busy Busy Busy day!!!

If nothing else, the pain last night is more than enough to stop me wanting to eat anything with any fat in it whatsoever!!!!!

Back