Help!!?? My body is refusing to lose weight??

stef2009

Gold Member
Hi all, the title above sounds abit extreme but this is what it feels like!

I really need some help on this, i am on the verge on totally giving up i dont know what to do.

I have always struggled to lose weight, the only things that have actually worked are vlcds.

I went on a vlcd in feb this year and managed to lose 3.5 stone. I came off the vlcd 8 weeks ago.

I went straight onto weight watchers and lost 2lb first week, 2lb second week, then nothing for the next few weeks.

I then went to juddd, Again exact same happened, lost 4lb in the first 2 weeks then nothing for the next 3 weeks.

What is going on!? Its as if my body gets used to the diet within a week or so and stops, i dont know what in gods name is going on??

Anyway decided to go back to basics and calorie count, having around 1200-1400 per day, more 1200. And this time, my first week, only a 0.6 loss.

I am absoloutly fed up! I would understand if i was going out drinking and eating out etc but im not, im sticking to every diet 110%

ANyone got any advice for me? or a new diet to try?

I exercise also, i go for walks about 2-3 times per week, walking for an hour each time. Ive also just started swimming.

Many thanks xxx

Like you, I struggle to lose weight and don't have the impressive losses experienced by some. VLCDs work for me (if I can get my head in the right place) and I think that's partly because of the low carb content as much as the low cals. I'm insulin resistant / type II diabetic and my body just doesn't let go of the fat if I'm consuming starchy carbs. Could you perhaps have the same problem but are unaware of it?

Perhaps try a low GI diet and keep away from pasta, rice, bread and spuds and see what happens. I'm in a dieting 'lull' at the moment and trying to drum up some mojo - I'm also paying more attention to my psychological issues around food. I know I need to lose weight but this constant yo-yo dieting is doing my head in! I need to find a more stable and consistent approach rather than the constant switching and going at it full pelt only to fail over and over.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Google insulin resistance and see if you fit any of the symptoms

RD x

Hi, it's awful isnt it :( I've just recently had a urine test done due to an Infection and apparently that can pick up any trace of diabetes, I may be wrong though, I read it on the Internet! But I am going to the docs next week to ask for some checks be done including thyroid.

I wish I could find a diet for long term that works, I'm happy at a slow steady loss, but nothing seems to provide me with that!

Hope u manage to find something xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ok so just as I wrote the above I checked symptoms after and bladder infections are one, I get them alot, I get thirsty alot and I wee alot lol definatly will be asking for these tests! It would explain a lot if there's something stopping me from losing. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello!

Here is what you need to do for a week. I can give you a guarantee that you will lose weight at the end of it.

1. Forget calorie counting < in the main >

2. Just eat three times a day. No snacks, NOTHING.

3. cut out all white carbs - pasta, bread, rice, potatoes etc

4. Up your protein

5. No alcohol

So..here is a sample menu off the top of my head..

Breakfast - 2 egg omelette with mushrooms

Lunch - stir fried veg such as peppers/mushrooms/baby corn/mange tout coated in light philly. Dice in some chicken or quorn fillets. NO NOODLES

Dinner - Goats cheese salad or roasted veg with feta crumbled over the top served with chicken or any other lean meat. Maybe hummus with salad and beetroot.

So... very few carbs there. And it will shift the weight. Weight loss is always slow on the old cereal / sandwich/ pasta type of meals - unless you have a lot to lose, then any restriction of calories will see results for a while.

Good luck

I too am struggling to lose weight. I joined SW 3 months ago and lost 21lbs. Joined gym 4 weeks ago and. Have put 3lbs on!!! I am still being good but am losing any incentive to continue. Any one got any ideas why I putting weight on.

Back