HELP - My Dress Doesn't Fit!!!!

Thanks for the boost Crazybit.

Years ago I had a 4 X 4 thinking I could get into practice for when we eventually move to New Zealand and the only time it snowed the whole time I had the vehicle was while we were on holiday in New Zealand enjoying the sun! Typical!!!!

Currently my car is stuck outside my parents house and I have less than three hours until the school run so I am not sure what I am going to do yet. Probably use one of their cars.

I see you have done really well so far with your weight loss. Good on you and keep up the good work.

I'm doing ok with the weight loss, thanks Suzy :)

My father was ex-REME, and had to drive unweildy vehicles in all kinds of weather. He was sure to teach me a lot about dreadful conditions, so during my learning if there was a moment's sh*tty weather we'd drop everything to go out in it.

At the time I was obviously less than enthused. But now I'm extremely glad he did it :D

Oh Tracey I hope I won't look too silly in my outfits, but as you say at least we will be slim!!!!! I guess I will have to see if I still have the mini skirts from my early twenties just to see how silly I can look. Rara skirts..... I definetly do not have any left unless my mum has them hidden in her loft! Oh gosh now that would be a laugh.

Glad you had plenty of practice Crazybit driving in our delightful weather. I am sure getting plenty of practice now. I guess Tracey you are missing all our lovely weather arent't you?

Hiya,

No, I'm not missing the weather one little bit but it is very cold here too. I think we've got the edges of the weather front that you have got, it has been 0 - 4 degrees and cloudy for the last few weeks. Not normal for here at all.

We might look a bit silly but who cares if we're slim. I can pretend I'm going to an 80's party or something, I think my dress is from about 1983 because I had it when my son was a baby. I loved rahrah skirts and I used to wear them all the time but only got the one dress left now. I don't think I've got anything else really old because we had a big clear out when we moved over here, I will have a look though see if I can did anything else out.

Tracey

I guess your weather isn't much better than ours if you are only going up to 4. It was 2 earlier today, wow at least it was above freezing!

I think I am going to have to raid my parents loft to see what, if any thing is still up there as I feel we could have our very own fun photo fashion show when we all reach target and post our photos.

I've had a look at what I've got and apart from the 80's dress, I've found a white mini skirt and a brown leather skirt (not quite mini but looks very short). i've found 2 long dresses with one shoulder too - I think from mid 90's but can't really remember. Why on earth would I buy 2 almost the same? I think it's time I had a really good clear out but I'll have to get in them again first and get my friend to take a load of photos - it'll give her a laugh if nothing else.

Tracey

Haha, I've been sorting my closet as well but sadly all the "oldies" stuff are already in a charity shop LOL
Next time I am visiting my parents I'll have a good look around xxx

Hi MiniMimi,
I see you also still have stuff at your parents. I think I still have stuff in their loft from when we moved when I was 17. I am sure my old Girls World is still up there with all sorts of other antiques!

Tracey as I said when we are slim we will just have to have our own fashion photo show without leaving the house. How I will take the photos I don't know because if I find just some of the stuff I am thinking about hubby will be too busy laughing his head of to take my photo!
I didn't charity shop a lot of my clothes in the past because I kept saying to myself I will fit in them again...... Finally I know I will!!!

Fav band of the 80's has to be WHAM! Am I the only one????

You know I don't even know where my records are. I will have to have a major serach at my mums as everything is CD these days.

First record I remember buying was Love and Pride and I think the band was King or something, am I right?

I had all the Wham records (you're not the only one)and I had Love and Pride too - it was King and the singer had a sort of big quif. I'm older than you though coz all my early records were 70's disco, and 70's rock - strange mixture I know but I still like them both. That's where the Tarotwoman name comes from a rock song by Rainbow.

Tracey

Who were Rainbow??? Sorry us young ones don't know....... Gosh I don't feel that young with the next birthday being the big 4 0. I remember the guy from King wore a Rupert Bear suit. Yellow and black check if my memory serves me right!

Now talk about Elvis and then your talking.

Yep, I remember the suit he wore, it was like Rupert bear. Rainbow were a rock group in 70's. Same era as Deep Purple and Black Sabbath (with Ozzie Osbourne). I've only got a couple of years to the big 50. That's not too bad but when I think my daughters next birthday is her 30th - well, that does make me feel old.

Tracey

I have heard of Black Sabbath, see I am not totally clueless. I guess in terms of music we are a long way apart yet in years not so far.

Unfortunatley I have now got to the stage where I can not forget my age this year as my big goal is to be slim for my 40th as I intend to party and show off my new figure which is why I am sticking to my diet so carefully. In the past I would just think I am in my thirties, now it is hitting me I am fast coming out of them.........

Hi Tracey, following me again are you? Hows the wine tonight?

The party is my big goal to lose for and then next Christmas our holiday with the in-laws is my motivation to maintain so this time I will not fail.

Hi
The party is my 40th which is next September so I am giving myself a sensible amount of time to reach target, and learn to maintain!

No wine, I am impressed!

Back