HELP - My Dress Doesn't Fit!!!!

Sounds like you know Spain very well with the electric and water and everything. They have fiestas in the summer and just plug all the lights and stuff into the mains - it a wonder they don't kill themselves.

The pump went off again so I've been at it again all day, I've got it on a few times but then the pressure dropped.

I've been ringing hubby all day and he's trying to remember what it looks like and tell me what to try. At one time he was telling me to get gas pliers (or something like that) how am I supposed to know what they are?

He would have fixed it completely by now but he's an engineer with over 30 years experience - and he always had somebody coming out to him with regular brews and food at mealtimes - I have to stop and make my own.

Anyway, the water is just coming back on so I'll save the pump for another day.

My hubby is the same when I'm watching something, but he says I do the same. He can sit all day watching sky news and as soon as I open my mouth it was something he was watching - typical.

I've had no Vodka yet even though I need it, I'm saving it for Big brother. I'll be up late tonight, we're an hour in front so we have our time and sky time.

Tracey

Hi Tracey

Did you enjoy BB? I wanted Vinnie to win, (only because I have met him a few times and also know his Dad to say hi to.) I don't watch regular BB but I do like the celeb ones.

Yes, I have come across the way the Spanish work, we try to get to the Costa Del Sol at least once a year. Pre kids it was a lot more than that!

Hows it going now with the pump? Has hubby fixed it for you?

Hiya Suzy,

Yep, I enjoyed BB. I wanted Dane to win but never mind. I used to like Vinnie when he was in the crazy gang at wimbledon.

Hubby can't fix the pump coz he's in Nigeria doing voluntary work so I'm on my own. I've managed to fix the leak this morning but the pump's still fusing the power, so I've unscrewed all the panels to see if I can dry it out for a few days.

I've had the hairdryer on the job to get rid of the excess water but it needs to have no water at all in, then I'll test it again. I've now put a new valve in, new capacitor, and fixed a leak, and it's still not working. At least it's trying to kick-in now so that's an improvement.

I'll fix it if it kills me.

Tracey

Just make sure if doesn't electrocute you!!!!

Any luck today, or is it still not working. Was it another vodka last night then?

Yep, it was vodka last night and tonight, I've needed them.

Not tried the pump today coz I want to make sure it's completely dry first, I'll leave it a few days now. I had another leak to fix after I'd been on here - it didn't take as long coz I'm getting more used to doing them. Hope it works after all this. I won't get electrocuted coz it's unplugged when I do it and I'm making sure it's totally dry before I try it again.

I don't need it at the moment so there's no hurry. It's just that they just switch the water off for days here and you're stuck if you don't have a water deposit.

Tracey

Typical workmen, no notification. I have one working in the office right now and he has already switched of my internet without telling me!

All he had to do was say it is going of in a minute and I would have saved or sent the email I was typing. Too easy... instead I had to start again and it was quite a detailed email I was typing.

I forget most men can't multi-task...... only joking to any men that may read this post!

Well, kids party over and done with and thank you cards went out this morning in the post so I can start to relax again and think about me.

I weighed myself on Friday at the hospital and realised I have converted my stones to kilos to pounds all wrong. I obviously was having a bit of a moment when I used the convertor.

I am going to have a sort out hopefully next weekend to see what clothes I can now get into as hubby needs to go into my parents loft to find my old lego for my son to play with. He got some for his birthday and loves it!

Hubby has been playing lego with the boys. I am sure when we have more I will start as well. I don't remember having all the little bits like they do know, my works of art where quite square, literally if you know what I mean.

My lego was a bit like that. We could make houses and cars but the wheels were very basic. By the time my kids were born they could make big trucks, cranes and allsorts of fiddly things. My daughter had farmyard animals too. If I had built an animal with mine, it would have been square. We did have a train though with red track pieces and white flat bricks to fit them onto.

Tracey

You had a train.... I am jealous! i do remember having all sorts of flat bits as well but I can't remember what I did with them.

Not long now until my very own private fashion show, although what with more kids parties this weekend I am not sure when I will have the time to try stuff on. It will probably be a couple of weeks before I have an hour to myself!

Could you drop the kids off at the party then go home to have a bit of you time while they're there?

I can only vaguely remember parties now, coz it's so long ago. I can remember that however long it was, if I had my kids and others, the time passed so much slower than when I was on my own coz my kids were out.

Tracey

Hi

Only one son has a party so I will stil have the other one at home, because if hubby knew I would come back he would stay home.

It is not going to happen this week anyway. I went into my mums loft this evening as I was looking for the lego and eventually mum and I found the lego but it was very close to kids bedtime so I got them straight home. I forgot how much of it I had though. The boys are going to have so much fun with it.

I didn't come across any of my clothes as we were only looking in boxes but I hate it up there so much it will be a few weeks before I can get up there again!

I realised tonight I can't send hubby up there as since my parents had the house rewired last year everything has been moved around and I don't know what is what up there, so he doesn't stand a chance of finding anything!

I hate my hubby routing though old things in attics, but I love doing it especially things like photos and cards. I have all my 21st cards, the kids cards from when they were born and their 1st birthday ones. I also kept both their first shoes too, I did have their christening outfits and the clothes I brought them home from hospital in when they were born, but the box they were in went missing when we came here along with my wedding dress.

It's difficult with hubby's getting rid of old stuff anyway. What you think is important and what they think is important are 2 different things.

My hubby tried to go through my clothes when we came here and sort out which 'he' thought I should keep and which I should wizz. I was quite happy to get rid of a lot but not let him decide about my things. I went out into the garage and started going through all his tools like I was deciding about which of those he should keep. He soon got the message without me having to argue about it!

By the time you go back up in a few weeks you might be ready to try some of them on. I hope your kids enjoy the lego, if there's a lot, it'll be like christmas again for them.

Tracey

Hi

I should imagine when I pick the kids up tonight they would of had a ball with all the lego as I left mum to sort it over the weekend, all ready for half term which has now started! There was a few other small bits amoungst it, like badges with pins etc so mum was going to have a good sift through.

There is enough to fill a small suitcase so they will not be short of it. I just need to split it so we have some at home and some at my parents, as they spend so much time there!

Like you I also have all sorts of cards etc from the past and I would never let hubby have a sort out as he would probably chuck the lot.

I still have my exercise books at my parents from secondary school..... how bad is that?

Is it only us women that hoard or are some men as bad?

I will have my "try on day" soon but I will need to spend a day in the loft sorting out where all my stuff is up there.

I think some men are as bad with the hoarding, they just like wizzing other people's stuff. I'd be good at wizzing other people's stuff, it's just my own I like to hang onto.

I haven't got any exercise books from secondary school but I did have tons of work from uni that I had to get rid of when we came here. That was difficult coz I kept thinking of all the effort I'd put into it, but there was boxes of the stuff so it had to go.

Oh, I wish I could go through all your lego - like you say there's always badges, marbles and other stuff amongst it.

I tried a couple of dresses on from a few years back - I can get them on but they don't look good yet. Maybe another half-stone will make a difference. I don't know whether they'll look good even then, some seem a bit tarty to say the least! It's either the changing fashions or my age - probably my age!

We'll see, the main thing is to get in them and for them to fit properly. I hope I've not got to the age of slacks and embroidered t-shirts!

Tracey

You know you haven't reached that age if you can still think that!!!! When you put on the slacks and t-shirt and think you look cool, that is the time to worry!

I know what you mean about some of the outfits looking tarty and I wonder if mine will look the same but I think that is probably just an age thing!

Sorry you had to get rid of your uni stuff. I couldn't bear to part with my projects.

Just to let you know mum has bought some lego boards that are a decent size for the boys to really start building on. She does spoil them sometimes.

The youngest had to have his pre-school injections today, (the boosters from when they are babies) and mum had a couple of presents wrapped for him. They only came from the pound shop but at least they took his mind off the pain of the needle as the second injection went in!

Back