help needed BIG time !

scottjake

hi all need abit of help regarding the hole healthy A and B , if u choose say 2 alpen lights but u only eat one can u not count it and it has to be synned same with bread if u dont eat it all say just eat one that day has it to be synned :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I don't know what anyone else does, but if I only eat 1 Aplen Light I just class it as half a healthy extra. I don't go to class, so have not heard about having to syn something if you don't eat enough of it to make a healthy extra. Sorry, that isn't much help at all is it?! :eek:

I can across this sometime ago & asked my C for clarification. The answer is yes if you don't eat all your hex e.g. just one weetabix you will need to syn it.

The problem is some consultants say this and other don't so we are trying to get clarification from SW. I've been a member for 9 years and never heard anyone told this.

If you syn it it means you have not had your HE's for that day! All seems a it confusing to me :confused:

i have just eaten one alpen bar and realised i was meant to save my HEX b for meat for tea. ( DOHH ) so i havent eaten the second and chose to syn it so i can have extra lean mince for tea. is this ok does anyone know ? :)

Yes that's fine - just because a food is a HE doesn't mean you can't have it at another time and just syn it. When I was losing weight I would frequently use my syns for extra cheese or bread. The alpen lights are 3 syns by the way.

I seem to do this quite often replacing the 2nd Alpen Light for a piece of bread and don't think it's made any difference. Not sure on the official SW viewpoint though.

That's called splitting your HEs and SW say you can do that as long as there is only one food in the HE. So cereal bars can be split but not porridge because the HE is porridge plus a scan bran, and it's difficult to divide in two accurately.

Back