Help needed for 1st day......

nothing stuck out so far...don't know if they've changed the menu or whether we're eating in the restaurant or the lounge bit but they had a cajun chicken salad with new potatoes so if that's still there...or something similar - i might go for that?
who knows....just need to play it by ear but really wish i could get a look at the current menus so that i can either plan sensibly, or drool and look forward to it for a week lol x

Well you just do what feels right. You might find that you naturally make better choices than before anyway as you are used to the plan (and following it like a trooper!!!!!)

SW quiche and chips for tea in our house. Had a late Breakfast so haven't had any lunch!! Gonna put bacon, peppers and onion in it and my hex a of cheese. Ill have to make the chips a hexb as well as I was gonna do a red day - all I have had is bacon and egg this morning.

i'm on green today and just havent know all day what i want/what to have. had extra lean steak mince burgers left and if i hadnt had a 2nd HEb, i'd have been able to do EE but too late...and i want the syns for a bit of chocolate later.
so my OH is getting the burgers cooked in gravy and onion on wholemeal rolls and i've attempted some veggy burgers to have with l/f supernoodles.
just mixed mashed potato, carrots, peas, sweetcorn and onion with an egg, salt and pepper and they're in the oven. not sure what they'll be like - maybe a bit bland but will know soon enough. i've still got 2 HEa's to have but will prob just have a bit of cheese later - dont usually use both unless i've used milk earlier in the day x

What about putting some cheese on your veggie burgers?! That will give them a bit more flavour maybe but if you have seasoned them with salt and pepper I think they will be ok. They sound really yummy to me :)

I haven't eaten enough today - just done my 30 day shred and feel a bit weak. Going to have a pudding (which I wouldn't normally) since ill be drinking tonight in the end (bf driving). Just going to have mango, blueberries and a yoghurt on top.

aww...are you feeling alright now that you've eaten?
i had 1 and a half of the "burgers" with some noodles but they were a bit bland as i thought...i didnt use cheese but don't know what i could have put in the mixture - all i could taste was the peas really but i'm new to all the cooking from scratch stuff so don't know if mixed herbs or a touch of chilli powder would give it the kick it needs...it def needed something...just not sure what (other than full fat mayo hahaha)

hope you enjoy your night tonight...i've been a lazy mare all day but never mind...that's what days off a for eh ;) x

I need a lazy day lol. I always have too much to do grr.

Night out was great fun and I had a very disciplined day out today drink and good wise (considering everyone else had puddings and drank steadily all day)

Off home now to plan next weeks food as best I can. Hopefully won't have too much trouble with it - main prob will be dinner weds night in the hotel.

glad you had a good time...and even better that you were "sensible" ;)
try not to worry too much about wed...i'm sure you'll make the right choice...well...depending on what's on offer i guess!

far from a lazy day for us today...but everything's all done now (thank god) and its almost time for a malteser bunny and a packet of 5 syn crisps...woo hoo lol x

Argh I was doing so bloody well. And then I was Bleedin hungry so had an uncle bens express rice and a kit kat chunky of all things!! I'm so annoyed after I had done so well argh!! Today I am going to success express as much as possible (working lunch at a turkish restaurant) to try and recoup something. Grrr

aww don't beat yourself up about it...it's done now and the good thing is you're gonna start a fresh and not see it as an excuse to totally go nuts!
i'm just back from weigh in...half a pound off for me this week and whilst its still a loss, i'd be lying if i said i wasn't disappointed cos i didn't do anything or eat anything which might have had an impact in that way...och well, not to worry, just gonna keep doing what i've been doing and see how next week goes.
i said i'll keep doing one day green, one day EE for 6 weeks and if i start to see things slowing down or coming to a stand still then i can try a few things like doing EE for a full week or green or whatever...better off than on i know...we just all want 14 stone in a day gone lmao!
hope you're well x

morning! well done on the loss hun! I know its annoying that you work so hard and stick to plan 100% and you only get a teeny reward! but I would say that its still in the right direction and overall you are doing amazingly well. I dont think I have ever managed to go as long on plan as you have so dont beat yourself up - carry on going as you are and next week you will see another drop!

I had another bad day yesterday as when we got to the restuarant for lunch everything was so not SW friendly. I thought that turkish food would not be too bad but what we were given was a ton of pitta and hummus, cheese and spinach pastry straw things, aubergine and other veg (cooked in oil!) and falafel deep fried in some sort of coating for starters and lamb moussaka for main (I thought this would not be too bad on a red day.....mince (free), cheese (hexa), tomato sauce (syns for this) and some cooking oil just in case?! Turns out in my SW book that Moussaka is 10.5 syns!!!! grrr!!

tbh i knew this week would be a struggle due to work commitments anyway but that did really annoy me - what annoyed me more was that i didnt add all the syns up til the end of the night (after I had eaten a malteaster bunny that my bf had bought me) so I was way over again. SO today I am having a success express day and trying to pick myself up and plan the next few days as best as I can.

For breakfast I had grapes and blueberries and one alpen light. lunch is a SW colourful quiche with pepper, mushroom and onion plus my hexa of cheese mixed in. Dinner will be a mushroom omelette and vegetables. A cheeky pre weigh this morning is showing a gain of at least 2lb BUT it is also star week this week (so I am bloated and craving chocolate like an insane woman!!!) so I am trying to just get back on with things and not worry about it - i know its not a race so i iwll just plod on and try to get over this week!

what are your plans today food wise?

aww thanks for the encouraging words...and same goes to you for this week too...when its out of your control, you can't help it and although its not amusing, or what you would be eating if you weren't away with work, you would be able to understand a gain...but when your hands are tied to a certain extent - what are you meant to do??
would be worse if you were like...ahhh well...may as well just go for it...but you haven't and that's a positive thing from a "mental" point of view and an acheivement in itself cos you'll pick up where you stopped as soon as you get the chance.
bloody love those malteser bunny things...so worth the 8 syns and lets face it, if you were over yesterday, probably better to have it the same day so today's a new start and you're cutting back to try and reduce any damage??

i'm doing EE today and decided to try and split my HE b for a change...i usually have 35g oats for magic porridge but wanted to see if it helped with hunger by splitting it (so i could have a wee mid morning snack) so mixed up 17g of oats and have just had the alpen light there...can't say its helped lol and i've already nibbled at some sw quiche that i brought in - i made some yest and cut it all up in to wee squares and brought 2 bits in - i've needed them today tho...sometimes i don't touch them but if i'm hungry, i'm hungry and reckon the 35g of oats is prob gonna be what i have when on EE (the days i'm working anyway)
i've got some pasta with chicken and bacon, peppers, mushroom, onion etc all thru it for lunch so looking forward to that...and tonight i'm going to try the cowboy pie - heard its good so fingers crossed!
have you had it before?
last night was the 1st time since i've been doing the plan that, after i had my goodies (an aero bisc and a pkt of walkers lights) that i wanted something else...i was good tho but really think it was because i was hungry when i sat down to have that -i'd had dinner a couple of hrs before but not too much cos it was late so kinda wish i'd just had something more filling - to avoid putting myself back in the situation i used to feel a lot! i had 3 syns i could have used but had a yog instead and went to bed (yay! lol)
maybe that's why i feel a bit hungrier today?x

Yeah I'm glad I ate it yesterday and didn't make myself have a bad day again today. Tomorrow I will take a packed lunch myself and steer clear of the catering I think. My role is a liaison type role tomorrow so I will be running all over the place getting things for people and can easily avoid it. So ill take some fruit, a sarnie and some velvet crunch for lunch. Ill have a green day and use my extra hex as Alpen light if I need another snack. Or maybe its best to do EE and just syn it if need be so I can be flexible in the restaurant for dinner?! Hmmmmm,!?!?!?!

Splitting your hexb this morning may have made you more hungry unless you added extra fruit, yoghurt or something else to compensate? I think it's important to eat a good breakfast to start the day. At least you tried it and know its not for you. I think that's what is good about SW. It's always nice to try other ideas. Do you have a microwave at work to heat things up?!

I've done 10 days of 30 day shred now a d starting level two tonight eeeekkkkk!! I'm nervous!!

I'm really chuffed with myself....I've just found the menu for a curry house near the hotel tomorrow. I'm going to work out syns beforehand and eat there so I know what I can have! This place does lots of tandoori dishes cooked on the grill instead of in butter so even if I have used some syns I will be fine. If not then I know I can have rogan josh or dhansak at 6.5 syns.

thanks michael :)

sparty...i do have a microwave at work but to be honest, i wouldn't take anything in with me to use it on - i'll either have something before i leave the house or take the magic porridge with me and just have a banana before i leave and if it was for lunch...i wouldn't really sit down to a heavier lunch (ie left overs from dinner etc) so just have either a sandwich if i'm on green or some sort of pasta with veg thru it (sometimes chicken or whatever if doing EE)
i don't really get a lunch hour so it would all be a rush too but i take soup and mostly drink that at my desk if i'm peckish and have the wee bits of quiche or dahl muffin thingys and fruit too so that's ideal for a bite if i'm getting hungry.

that's great you had a look at the menu, and that you're prepared for tomorrow as much as you can be.....and as for the dvd...oooofft! well done you and GOOD LUCK! lol

made the cowboy pie for dinner tonight, it was good...a lot of preparing tho but i was trying to make soup at the same time so was go go go. had some with broccoli to add to superfree and there's some left so seeing as i'm doing green tomorrow, my OH can have that so great...one dinner sorted already ;)

i def won't be taking 1/2 the amount of porridge again - might be different if i had been off cos as you say, i could have had something extra like fruit and yog but had to give it a bash and yeah, it's good that we can test a few things and still get our daily allowances etc.

only used 1 syn so far today so going to enjoy a wee something later...today has been hectic since the minute i got in but still managed to prepare everything from scratch and once i've made a quick batch of sw ferrero rochers and get teeny ready for bed...i can settle with some "legal naughtiness" ;)

lol..that sounds bad haha...i just mean some chocolate or goodies that are allowed! lmao x

We have a microwave at work and I'm toying with the idea of taking omelette in for breakfast but not sure how it would be reheated?? I guess no different to SW quiche?!

I usually have cereal or fruit and yoghurt so get a bit bored sometimes.

WI today and I stayed the same which I am happy with given my slips and star week!! :) got terrible tummy cramps though grr

that was good that you stayed the same - not a loss which of course, we always want, but not a gain either so you def must be doing something right ;)

i've never heated the quiches up but i do occassionally make scrambled egg in the microwave and it's ok...less messy lol.

google cowboy pie and it'll take you to the thread on here...its just extra lean mince, spring onions, beans, carrot and suede, beef stock, worcester sauce and a few other things and you top it with cheesey smash (then i put it in the oven) a bit like a beany cottage pie but it was good and if it wasn't for the fact my son would see the carrot and suede...i'm sure he would like it - need to work on that one lol.

big sympathy for the cramps....i am always not well with mine the 1st day - literally go grey in colour, shaky and like i'm going to pass out for a few hrs...been known to be sick, it's just hellish! :(
hope you feel better soon...nothing worse than having to work when really you need pj's, a comfy couch, 2 painkillers and a hot water bottle eh! x

Tell me about it! Usually I'm not too be but today is a huge day work wise (tons of press here and it will be on the news by lunchtime) and its really bad. Ive got pains in my lower back as well - Maybe because of stress. That hot water bottle would def come in handy.

have you tried the heat pads you can get - just stick them on to, say, your back and off you go! not as hot as a hot water bottle obviously but discreet and hidden under neath your clothes :)
they used to be expensive but i'm sure you can get them in the pound shops/bargain shops as well as Boots etc....might be worth a look?

i'm on green today and just had my sandwich for lunch - 2 bits of wm bread (400g loaf) a wee scraping of e/l mayo, 30g grated cheddar and thinly sliced onion...oooh it was good! :D x

Back