Help needed for 1st day......

it def makes a difference when we're prepared eh.

once you get a good batch of cooking on the go and stuff frozen, you'll feel much better.

how's your day been today otherwise?
i've not had much of an appetite...stress is obviously working wonders for me....well, WI will tell eh lol.

i've take a quorn peppered steak thing out for dinner tonight, prob have that with some sw chips for dinner.
didn't eat the left over noodles for lunch...had a few mouthfuls and it was better than i thought but just wasn't really wanting it so don't wanna eat for the sake of it.
still have 1.5 HEb to have which is ideal cos i can have fruit/muesli later or hifi lights...just wait and see ;) x

Hun what's happened to your appetite?! You needed make sure ur taking care of yourself. Just have some fruit if you really can't face big lunches but don't make yourself poorly with stress.

My day has been a bit stressy too. Not me but everyone around me lol. So there was a bit of a heavy atmosphere today which doesn't help the concentration much.

I've done overtime today so no idea about dinner but might pop and get some eggs to do a quick omelette with some mushrooms I have to use up.

Had a nice early night last night and got into bed at about 9. Read for half hour and then conked right out til this morning. Felt a bit better so ill try and so the same again tonight if I can fit it in hahaha.

What you using your syns on tonight hun?!

i need to take a leaf out your book and goto bed early!
saying that...my head does overtime and i spend hrs awake so i guess the earlier i went to bed, i'd still get more sleep eh.

i had baked potato with philly light, a quorn peppered steak thing and sweetcorn for dinner...it was good!
made fruit salad with yog & muesli earlier so i'll maybe have that once teeny's in bed.

tonight's syns will be the rest of the crunchie...5 for that seeing as it's 20odd grams and the 17g one is 4 - think the full one is 9.5 so that should work out ok...still got 1/2 a HEb left but not sure i'll use it especially once i have my fruit and the bit crunchie...will see how i go but won't eat it for the sake of it.

you got any goodies planned yourself for tonight?x

I've had a teeny glass of wine for 5 syns while i had a nice hot bubble bath (bf always does this when he wants me to have a soak so he can play FIFA.....I won't complain lol)

I know....bless him! Today is our anniversary and we are going to get one of those M&S dinners for two that come with a bottle of wine. We have M&S vouchers too so shouldn't cost us anything either which is a bonus. Def a night off for me lol. We have some new DVDs to watch too so we are going to get all snuggley.

What's on your menu today?! I'm having yoghurt, peach and cereal bar for breakfast and sushi for lunch.

tonight sounds bliss...enjoy! ;)

what sushi do you get? i love the wee snack pack ones from asda but i kinda grudge 2 syns for them when there's virtually nothing to them!

plan today is open so far to green/EE...nothing confirmed...what am i like lol.

weather's miserable here today..heating on 1st thing for a wee blast but it's just started bucketing with rain...just as we're due to leave shortly. *sigh* hehe x

We had a lovely evening but I'm tired today as it was a late-ish night (not like the 9:30's I've been having lol)

I get the vegetarian sushi from tesco - it's about 2.5 syns. I don't mind it every now and then for the syns but wouldn't have it all the time. A bit gutted that I'm working this weekend because I want to do some cooking for the freezer but won't have chance :(

It's cold here again today but doesn't look like rain at the moment.

glad you's had a nice time last night, i meant to post a wee msg last night before i went to bed but forgot...my bad! lol
will you be working full days at the weekend...could you maybe do one thing each night to freeze?

so far, no rain here today either...but it looks cold.
i need to wait in today for a delivery....that bugs me cos most of the time you wait in all day...and they come when you're in the loo or something!
not attempting a shower or anything and hoping that they don't appear the 5 mins i'll be out going to the school...i'm literally gonna be minutes so fingers crossed!x

Heeeey. Another manic weekend over and one more to go before I collapse lol. Hopefully your delivery didn't appear while you were out at school?!

I've been working all weekend and my food has been baaaaad! So yesterday I managed to finish in time to make a batch of soup so I have that for lunch with hexb of bread. Cereal and yoghurt for breakfast and some fruit for snacks. I have some 5 syn crisps with me to have at lunch if I want them too. I'm feeling a bit more prepared now!

My friend and I are working late weds and thurs and decided that we would take turns to bring in SW friendly dinner so that the late nights won't throw us off track. I'm going to make my risotto tonight and freeze it so it's all ready.

How was your weekend hun?

you've got it all sussed eh ;)
great idea about the dinners for working late though!

my weekend's been ok thanks...kinda just consisted of shopping or food preparation...you know the normal sw weekend (when you're not slaving at work like poor you lol)

busy in my kitchen this morning, it's only 9.15 and my dahl is almost ready to come out the oven, i've made a load of rice pudding to do through out the week, made hummus and the quiche is ready for the next available oven slot lol.
got a big bag of quorn mince at the weekend (which i haven't had before) so might do a pot of chilli & get that in the freezer for handy quick, no thought required in case of emergency dinners lol. there's also a few eggs boiling away to have in the morning or take to work too....or to have as a snack

so i'm feeling quite prepared too ;)

other than working...how have you been?x

ahh you sound a lot happier today with all the SW foody stuff. thats nice to see :) I havent had SW quiche for ages so maybe I'll cook one of those at the weekend (no salt this time hahah)

I have been reading loads of ideas for freezer food on ********* (have you used that before?? its an app that is a virtual notice board so you can 'pin' recipes and home ideas etc to it) and think I am going to use some of the ideas when we fill up our freezer again (we are trying to eat it down at the moment). Basically its things like fajitas, stews, chilli etc....things you can shove in a slow cooker or 'one pan' recipes. You prepare the veggies by slicing/dicing etc, get all the ingredients together (e.g diced beef, potato, carrot, parsnip and onion) and pop it all in the freezer bag. Write on the bag how to cook it (e.g thaw, put in slow cooker with x amount of stock/gravy and slow cook for 6-8 hours) and freeze. The idea is that you can just get a bag out of the freezer and voila! you have a meal in a bag with no prep time needed. I'm going to give it a try with a few recipes and see if it helps me be more prepared.

Other than tiredness from work things are all good with me. I managed to get time last night to get some washing up done and give my bathroom a good clean yesterday so I am feeling more organised at home now (all this overtime was making it difficult to keep on top of things - only giving me the chance to have a quick go over of things and not a deep clean). I'm also not working tonight so plan to have another go round (bedrooms this time I think) when I get home.

Not sure what to have for dinner though - bf didnt eat his salmon I cooked him yesterday so i guess he will have that and i can make myself a pasta thing (have tons of bacon to use up and half a carton of passata in the fridge that I can cook up with some onion, fresh basil and garlic so think that will do me).

what did you post there about the place you've seen the recipes?
this place probably filters out any other social network thing. was it in-sta-gram? if so, i'm don't have that...but whatever you mean sounds like it could be quite good?x

i didnt even notice it had done that hahaha - it was pin-ter-est. Know that one??

My friend says in-sta-gram is great for SW recipes but I dont use that.

It was a tip I found in one of my old SW mags as a way of keeping you occupied so you aren't tempted to snack on naughty things in the evenings so I just looked it up one day. I've just had a look at their website but it looks like you have to sign up. I've just signed up with my email address as I don't like all this sort of thing on face-book.

But it's got great ideas for planning parties/weddings, games and crafts to keep the kids occupied, home decor you can do yourself etc.

i might need to take a look....you can see i don't really read the magazine..just look at the pics of the recipes and see if i fancy any lol.

got a chicken cooking away in the oven although i'm not sure i fancy it for dinner tonight...might go green today as the quorn chilli that's bubbling away looks yummy. i'm going to take some for lunch tomorrow and have some in the freezer too.

on sat night, i made some spicy coated chicken strips - they were yummy and my OH suggested i could take some to work one time too. good idea i think but i'm always aware how expensive meat is and i don't really want to be wasting some on lunch time...i tend to keep chicken breasts for dinner do you know what i mean?
that sounds stingy but i'd rather spend the money and it do dinners than just lunches....different if there's left overs but i freeze them 2 at a time.
got 6 chicken breasts for under £7 in aldi on sat which was good considering i paid £4 for 3 from morrisons (well...2 and a bit lol)
x

I find chicken really really expensive - such a shame as its my fav as well. we tend to buy the packs in morrisons that are thighs and legs. Its £7 for the pack and you do get a fair bit. Or you can get it in the 3 fo £10 deal they do - we always do this and get the big pack of mince as that is also pricey i find. I will need to head over to Aldi again - i havent tried their chicken but the things i have had have been nice so why not try it out!

I know exactly what you mean about meat being too expensive to waste.....I tend not to have it in lunches unless its leftovers as well. And I often do a raost with just chops rather then buy a whole joint of meat.....same difference for us really. I dont see why a roast has to be this massive meal that makes you feel soooo bloated lol.

I'm planning to cook a roast chicken on saturday and then use some of the meat on sunday for a curry. Then (if i am being really really good) I can use the carcass to make stock for chicken noodle soup and make three meals come out of one chicken!! That would be great! :)

Back