Help needed for 1st day......

yep that's the one! it's really easy to set up an account and there are literally hundreds of slimming world accounts on there x

i might have a week look then - thanks! :) x

I reckon natural yoghurt would be fine as a substitute for your recipe. Try it and see if it works.

I've not made a good start to the day by leaving my breakfast at home *sigh*. I have a pasta bake and salad for lunch and some fruit but I normally have porridge so need to find a substitute on the way in. Have to try and find some alpen light or something.

How's the cooking going!?
aww no! did you manage to find something?

cooking's going good...speed soup isn't as tasty as i hoped, but i'll try my best lol.
went to tesco for a few bits and bobs, weighed myself so taking that as my starting weight, threw all the other WI receipts out and scored out my prev ones in the book too - fresh start!

gonna weigh next monday and have already decided that if it's a STS...then it means any gain from what i've just spent the last few days eating has been sorted....rather than "oh my 1st week has been pointless" do you get what i mean?

dahl loaf is in the oven, rice is made, boiled eggs are sorted and i'm gonna make some mac and cheese and have that for dinner then lunch tomorrow. thinking a green day today to ease myself in and get the extra HEB then EE tomorrow and make the chicken thing for dinner.

green days are easier some days at work but i'm really gonna try and go back to what i did in the beginning...and that was day about :D x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I bought a box of weetabix so problem solved. Pleased I managed to resist all the pastries that were in the same aisle as the cereals lol. Had my lunch as well and got an orange if i want a snack later on.

I like your plan re weighing - if you STS it will be your body getting used to SW again and regardless its better to keep going rather than quit at any rate. seems like your good attitude to weight loss is returning :)

I'm going out for lunch with a friend tomorrow and we are going to try out itsu (which is a sushi chain). Looking at the menu it seems that it will be largely SW friendly which is a bonus. I guess you would have to add a few for a little bit of oil but on EE the rice, fish and veg would all be free.:)

That sounds perfect and as you say, probably covered if you syn for oil.

I made magic porridge up with 1/2 my oats allowance, had it in vanilla yog then mixed in grated apple, some blueberries, frozen raspberries and chopped banana...was lovely :)

Found a recipe for sweet potato, parsnip and cheese rosti...gave those a bash and had a couple while my friend was in getting her hair done.
They were...well...different lol

Can't be ar$ed making the mac and cheese and my OH's lunch for tomorrow but gonna get on it soon and then I'll be sorted and it's done and out the way!

Really not keen on the soup but even a few mouthfuls will do me good eh?

Well done on resisting pastries...I must def be in a different frame of mind today cos I wasn't phased waking past the bakery in tesco this morning (thankfully! Hehe) x

Your food is sounding good today hun. Keep it up - I know it's annoying having to make dinner and lunches but grin and bear it to make today a great day on plan!!

I've just been for a drink with my old school friend and bf doesn't sound very happy so that prob means he is starving so I'll be cooking as soon as I get in. I'n starving too tbh haha.

Have you heard of something called '100happydays'? I signed up to it today. The idea is you find pleasure in the smaller things in life and every day you post a picture of what made you happy. At the end of your 100 days the company send you a little book of all your pictures :) so my happy thing today was meeting her for a catch up.

aww that sounds good!
my mum writes down all the little things and puts them in a jar...then at the end of the year, she goes through everything and has lots of smiles remembering it all....even the wee stuff - great idea eh!

today has been good....had the egg and tangerine then the magic porridge and fruit for breakfast, sweet potato and parsnip rosti things, a few gulps of soup and an alpen at lunch then mac and cheese with salad for dinner. made some fruit salad to have too but dunno if i'll end up eating it. might have it before bed if i'm hungry.
if i eat my malteser bunny and crisps...it'll only be 8.5 syns for the day...not a bad start at all eh ;)

feel so much more in control which is a good thing! i'm definitely determined to flexi syn the bday meal which is sun/monday and not go awol!
long may it continue eh!

what you gonna have to eat? is your OH ok after his fall? will he milk it for all it's worth? you know what they're like sometimes lmao x

He is in a strop with me at the moment because I was later than intended so he is being stubborn and says he doesn't want dinner now lol. Talk about cutting his nose off to spite his face. He reckons he had cheese on toast so isn't hungry.

Your food sounds fab. Sounds like you are right back on track. Hope you have deleted MFP!! I haven't had any syns yet but I'm going to have a slice of bread and butter with my chips for dinner and ketchup so that will do me nicely :)

Aww bless your mum. That's a good idea too :)

He is in a strop with me at the moment because I was later than intended so he is being stubborn and says he doesn't want dinner now lol. Talk about cutting his nose off to spite his face. He reckons he had cheese on toast so isn't hungry.

Your food sounds fab. Sounds like you are right back on track. Hope you have deleted MFP!! I haven't had any syns yet but I'm going to have a slice of bread and butter with my chips for dinner and ketchup so that will do me nicely :)

Aww bless your mum. That's a good idea too :)

ooh what is he like! they're all the bloody same at times eh!
he'll need to hang off and let you go to bed first so he can raid the cupboards lol!

i didn't delete MFP...BUT..i did log out of it on my phone which means no easy access ;) baby steps and all that hehe

off now to settle with the tv for a bit.
got everything sorted for food at work tomorrow...day 2 looks like it could also be a success! x

Well I made him some anyway and he polished it off lol. Just being stubborn I suppose. I had syns for 2 slices of bread and butter (10) and then some ketchup so all in all yesterday was nice.

On the train to work now after a bit of a lie in and a good nights sleep. We both fell asleep watching tv at about 10 and got into bed at 11. First time in ages we have both gone to bed together lol. We def needed it though - could do with another one like that tonight haha.

What's your food plan today then hun? I've had poached eggs on toast and planning lunch at itsu :)

ooh how was your lunch?

lol at your OH eating it in the end...they can be so stubborn at times...but then again, i can't say much cos i maybe, might've, probably have been known to have my own stubborn side ;) hehe

today is EE for me, gonna make the chicken stroganoff for dinner so hoping that's nice. something's def changed for the better for me cos today, i knocked back the offer to help myself to a huge choice of biscuits - and wasn't even that fussed!
last week...and the few before that, i probably would've made the most of the offer! yay! hope i've not spoken too soon but taking it a day at a time - i'd say that was a NSV!

nothing much to report from this end really, nowt exciting anyway!

how has your day been?x

That def sounds like a NSV to me hun. Well done :) lunch yesterday a was lovely and I topped it off by going for steak but just having it with salad an onion rings. Prob a little over syns but oh well :)

Absolutely shattered today as bf woke me up 3 times last night so I've had hardly any sleep and we had to leave early today as he has the keys to the job so I'm on a train already heading to work and struggling to keep my eyes open lol.

Red day for me today. Doing lamb chips and veg for dinner and got a sandwich for lunch. What's your day looking like?

aww why did he wake you three times?

i so didn't want to get up this morning...or come out the shower...but i ploughed through! lol

i was awake a few times last night too, and up for the loo. i always think broken sleep is terrible!

yesterday sounds yummy! i love onion rings!

made pete's chicken strogannoff last night (he posted the recipe the other day) and it was nice! had to make a few adjustments due to my lack of proper ingredients but we both enjoyed it and would def make it again.
the only thing is, i chopped all the mushrooms and onions and left them on a plate while i watched something....forgot to cover it and the place is still stinking of onion - eurgh! lol

green for me today, finishing work at lunch time today so haven't taken anything with me. might get a baked potato somewhere when i'm done but it's quorn burger for dinner...feel like i've not had it for ages and it's one of my fav green day dinners so looking forward to it! :D x

How was your quorn burger hun :) hopefully yummy making you up for another good day tomorrow after your treats tonight :)

Bf is going to sort out dinner tonight so I'm running a nice bath now to have a soak. So tired so will be early to bed for me!! Got a breakfast meeting tomorrow and need to be on my game so no late night tv for me!!

Looked up the place we are going to eat tomorrow and it's not great lol. Think I'll stick to a burger and salad. Think they make all their own burgers as speciality ones so hopefully not too much rubbish in them. I'll save up my syns for it to hopefully limit damage a bit but it it hits the scales I won't worry lol :)

great attitude! and you'll be great leading up to it and afterwards so you have nothing to worry about ;)

dinner was lovely! i've been a wee bit more hungry today but not stressed out thinking about how much i was eating, i've just snacked in between meals on free stuff so another great day on plan!

going to have some crisps and a mini milky bar soon...i'm tired too and really wanting to be in bed earlier but you know what i'm like!

weather here is awful tonight...so windy! hope it calms down soon or we'll have stuff blowing about everywhere in no time!

enjoy your soak missy :) x

Hello honey :) had a brill day so far - I got an email at work saying I've been given a bonus :):):) you know how hard that is working for the government so I'm over the moon!! It's £400 as well - I was going to put it towards our holiday but bf says to spend it on myself. Me and my sister are planning to go away for a girly weekend with a friend to Portugal so that's that paid for and some spending money for a night out with my uni friend in May :)

Off our for our dinner now and I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. Hope you had a good day xxx

Aww that's brilliant!! :D
Well done chick...you totally deserve it!

My day's been ok thanks, good food wise but nowt exciting after work.

Enjoy your night...catch up with you tomorrow xx

Well last nights dinner was a bit mediocre unfortunately. The starter was yummy though. I had lemon and pepper squid with garlic mayo and that was brilliant. I had a burger for my main but the bacon has obv been cooked and left out as it was chewy and the burger bun was a little burnt round the edges. Didn't have pudding as I was so full up but not sure I would hurry back if you know what I mean.

I'm much more enthused about my dinner tonight which is spaghetti and pork meatballs. Cannot wait but not sure what time bf is back so can't start cooking it yet lol.

How you getting on anyway?

Aww boo to the dinner? I hate when you're really looking forward to something and it's not all that!

Tonight's sounds good though,... Hope your bloke hurries!

I'm good thanks, not long had dinner -quorn peppered steak, roasties, cottage cheese and a veg pack...it was yummy.

You got much planned for the weekend?

Tell me more about work and your bonus...x

He is back and we have been fed lol. Hurrah!! It was yummy but I made way too much so there is tons left for lunch tomorrow ;)

Out tomorrow night for a boogie and catch up with some friends then round to bf's mum for dinner on Sunday. The rest of the weekend I'm just pottering about at home and cleaning etc.

How about you!?

He is back and we have been fed lol. Hurrah!! It was yummy but I made way too much so there is tons left for lunch tomorrow ;)

Out tomorrow night for a boogie and catch up with some friends then round to bf's mum for dinner on Sunday. The rest of the weekend I'm just pottering about at home and cleaning etc.

How about you!?

always a winner when there are left overs eh ;)

i kept the "crumbs" off my gammon joint yesterday - you know all the wee bits that crumble when you're cutting it up...and thought i could do a ham fried rice for lunch tomorrow?
i've noted to maybe have corned beef hash/hotpot type thing for dinner cos i have some lean corned beef in the cupboard and i'm sure 100g is 2 syns? but if my OH wants to eat out, i might see if he fancies nandos. he's never been and i can go and be on plan for a couple of syns :D

no major plans this weekend, got a few bits and bobs at asda today so don't think i'll go on sunday. we're out for dinner on monday so looking forward to that...it's been planned for weeks!

5th day on plan....NSV when i do 7 in a row...cos it's been a while! lol x

Hey hun. How was your weekend?! I overindulged massively and as a result gained 3.5lb!!! ? wow!! I think some of it is to do with *week due next week but boy is that a gain and a half!!!

Back on plan this week for sure to try and get some of it off. Got cereal today for breakfast, meatballs for lunch and taken out some cod for dinner. I'll get some stir fry veggies and make something nice out of that with some spices as maybe egg fried rice.

What's your plan today!? You gonna weigh??

Back