Help needed for Newbie

Lotus2009

Hello everyone:)

I have always been fighting my weight and started lipotrim last thursday. I am now a bit worried that it can make you depressed. I do suffer from depression but recovering and don't want it to be set back to lose weight. (although my weight is one of the reasons I am depressed). Are VLCD's that bad for depression? :confused: Please help as the whole thing is not as horrid as I thought and don't want to give up at the start.

Lotus

I havent heard of it triggering Depression!

If anything your weekly weigh ins will help! its unbelievable how happy they make you :) xxxx

As a person who has battled with depression for many years, from my experience VCLD Lipotrim has not triggered another bout. You will have good days and bad days on this lipotrim but that is like everything else. The weight loss will make you feel much better.

You will be fine, so enjoy the journey.

Last edited:
I have battled depression for 15 years, and weight has prob been a big part of that, and i am still on antidepressents. when i started LT i discussed it with the pharmasist as i has similar worries. She had no concerns. I agree with chelly the weekly weigh in will give you a boost. it really does with me.

i used to be a typical person with depression and search everywhere for the answers i wanted to find however i think at with everything in life. the way LT works and effects you depends on the person.

i sat and thought long and hard wondering if i could cope mentally, knowing this was a drastic diet however i can only think of the positive effects LT is going to have on me in the long run. and that is what gets me through each day.

i hope that kind of helps a little bit. and not to blah blah blah :/

i'm sure the boost you get from your weigh-in will sweep aside any negative feelings. i too suffered with depression but it's surprising the high you get when the weight starts to drop off.

I have struggled with depression and things like that also

You will have no problems on this, it will make you feel much better or at least it did me

thanks everyone for the support. It is really good to hear that I am not alone.

Go for it, you will never ever regret it. I too have suffered from depression and this diet does the opposite. You get a buzz from your weigh in, and just want the time to pass until your next weigh in day because you get so excited.

You will also find a lot of support on here...there are a lot of us probably from similar situations and are all in this together being on LT.

I wish you all the best on the diet. Keep positive and do it 100% and it will give you results and eventually depression will be a thing of the past.

Take care

Hi Lotus,
just wanted to wish you all the best. I must admit I have never felt better on this as there are no highs and lows I normally get from sugar. Hopefully you will find it a great experience and will not need to worry about how it affects you except in a positive way.
Doirin

Back